Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Starbucks CEO says America's Moral Fiber is lost at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Surly The only good thing about this election is Hillay isn't President. I would take Obama back ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2017, 09:10 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,238
Thanks: 8,831
Thanked 6,333 Times in 3,628 Posts
Default Re: Starbucks CEO says America's Moral Fiber is lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
The only good thing about this election is Hillay isn't President. I would take Obama back in a second, or GWB or hell, even his Dad if he can still remember his name. Trump is our President and I wish him well, but to date he is a clown show. And his disciples have to literally make up a reality in which he is not crazy, just everyone else is a hater. Alternate facts is now a well known term.
I agree with you that it is good that Hillary is not president. I cannot speak for others, but I am not a big Trump supporter either. I do agree with many of the positions he has taken on issues, but not all. I like some of the people he has positioned within our government, especially Gorsuch. I just wish Trump would not speak 'off the cuff' as much as he really manages to stick his foot in his mouth.

I would have preferred other candidates to Trump, but he won and I will support him until he gives me a good reason not too. As I said, so far he has taken positions that I mostly agree with and a few I disagree with. That is no reason to abandon support of him yet. If you don't feel that way, I understand.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #72 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2017, 09:32 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Starbucks CEO says America's Moral Fiber is lost

Not a Hillary fan but she is better than trump
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
I agree with you that it is good that Hillary is not president. I cannot speak for others, but I am not a big Trump supporter either. I do agree with many of the positions he has taken on issues, but not all. I like some of the people he has positioned within our government, especially Gorsuch. I just wish Trump would not speak 'off the cuff' as much as he really manages to stick his foot in his mouth.

I would have preferred other candidates to Trump, but he won and I will support him until he gives me a good reason not too. As I said, so far he has taken positions that I mostly agree with and a few I disagree with. That is no reason to abandon support of him yet. If you don't feel that way, I understand.
Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2017, 09:34 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Starbucks CEO says America's Moral Fiber is lost

I think Dems have a message issue but I also know I am right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Sure you have. After all, I always discuss my travel plans with you.

Dems lost over the last 8 years because their message no longer resonates with voters. They even admit as much. That is why they recently adopted the Papa John's pizza slogan. They must believe that people dumb enough to eat Papa John's pizza on a daily basis, will get them over the hump in the next election.
Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2017, 02:41 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,238
Thanks: 8,831
Thanked 6,333 Times in 3,628 Posts
Default Re: Starbucks CEO says America's Moral Fiber is lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Not a Hillary fan but she is better than trump
But that is now irrelevant as Trump won the election. So regardless of her perceived abilities, Trump is the one calling the shots. I personally think other Republicans that run would have been better than Trump, but it does not matter now.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #75 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2017, 02:42 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,238
Thanks: 8,831
Thanked 6,333 Times in 3,628 Posts
Default Re: Starbucks CEO says America's Moral Fiber is lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
I think Dems have a message issue but I also know I am right.

Well, that makes one of you.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #76 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2017, 05:29 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Starbucks CEO says America's Moral Fiber is lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
But that is now irrelevant as Trump won the election. So regardless of her perceived abilities, Trump is the one calling the shots. I personally think other Republicans that run would have been better than Trump, but it does not matter now.
I think my dog would be better than Trump
Reply With Quote
  #77 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2017, 05:30 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Starbucks CEO says America's Moral Fiber is lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Well, that makes one of you.
I think millions agree with me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
america, ceo, fiber, lost, moral, says, starbucks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0