Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Toxic waste from U.S. pot farms alarms experts at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Surly I always question the sincerity of conservatives when they suddenly get concerned about the environment, kinda ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2017, 06:50 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,600
Thanks: 7,697
Thanked 10,634 Times in 6,006 Posts
Default Re: Toxic waste from U.S. pot farms alarms experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
I always question the sincerity of conservatives when they suddenly get concerned about the environment, kinda like the birds and the windmills. I have a hard time believing this article too.
Ignorance is bliss but it doesn't have to be on purpose ya know.
You can deny anything you want but windmills kill birds. And a lot of Americans care.
Windfarms kill 10-20 times more than previously thought | Save the Eagles International

You don't have to be a liberal to care. Facts are facts. WCFN is hardly a conservative site. Tell them it's all a hoax. And, while you are at it professor, explain to the class why Wind and Solar farms are exempted from federal prosecution for the birds and bats they decimate.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 08-09-2017 at 07:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2017, 11:47 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,600
Thanks: 7,697
Thanked 10,634 Times in 6,006 Posts
Default Re: Toxic waste from U.S. pot farms alarms experts

__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2017, 12:13 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: Toxic waste from U.S. pot farms alarms experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post
"Rats don't eat pot."
Tell me, do you do any fact checking before you post or do you just post the "facts" you make up at the time?
A simple google search would have shown you a whole list of sites, blogs, forums, etc. talking about how to stop rats and mice from eating pot plants.
Do you just guess because your lazy or is it intentional lying?
People will sell you anything. Rats and mice are not out eating pot plants. I don't know why some of you are so bent on buying all this BS. Zinc phosphide is used in the home. I called a friend who grows pot in Oregon. He laughed when I read him the news. He said rats and mice have never been a problem for him. Mites and rain are the worst issues for him. He says none of the growers he knows use chemicals.
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2017, 01:40 AM
Gordon Shumway's Avatar
guitarist
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,639
Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,913 Posts
Default Re: Toxic waste from U.S. pot farms alarms experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
People will sell you anything. Rats and mice are not out eating pot plants. I don't know why some of you are so bent on buying all this BS. Zinc phosphide is used in the home. I called a friend who grows pot in Oregon. He laughed when I read him the news. He said rats and mice have never been a problem for him. Mites and rain are the worst issues for him. He says none of the growers he knows use chemicals.
so you called "friend" who is knowingly and purposely breaking federal law?

i call BS.
there's no way you have a friend.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2017, 09:07 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: Toxic waste from U.S. pot farms alarms experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
so you called "friend" who is knowingly and purposely breaking federal law?

i call BS.
there's no way you have a friend.
Actually he is my cousin.
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2017, 10:26 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,600
Thanks: 7,697
Thanked 10,634 Times in 6,006 Posts
Default Re: Toxic waste from U.S. pot farms alarms experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
so you called "friend" who is knowingly and purposely breaking federal law?

i call BS.
there's no way you have a friend.
I was raised on a farm and cannot think of a crop upon which mice and rats won't feed or nest. Perhaps "weed' really is the miracle plant the pot heads claim?!?!?

But Hey!,,,,; Mikeyy said his "friend" now his cousin, claims rats aren't a problem. Thereby invalidating the entire OP he posted.

Shouldn't Mikeyy's word be enough for you. After all it is from his law breaking "cousin"
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2017, 11:01 AM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,115
Thanks: 1,016
Thanked 1,198 Times in 763 Posts
Default Re: Toxic waste from U.S. pot farms alarms experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
People will sell you anything. Rats and mice are not out eating pot plants. I don't know why some of you are so bent on buying all this BS. Zinc phosphide is used in the home. I called a friend who grows pot in Oregon. He laughed when I read him the news. He said rats and mice have never been a problem for him. Mites and rain are the worst issues for him.
So you are saying these people do not know what they are talking about? These don't look like anti-pot websites.

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog...-cannabis-n433
Stop Rats And Mice Harming Your Marijuana Plants Now!
https://magazine.grasscity.com/keep-...a-plants-2455/
https://cannabisnow.com/keep-rodents...nts-naturally/


Quote:
He says none of the growers he knows use chemicals.
A lot of the illegal growers growing pot on federal lands are not a couple of stoners trying to earn a little extra cash on the side.They are gangs and cartels who most likely don't give a **** about the long term effects of the chemicals they use.
Mexico Drug Gangs Growing Pot on U.S. Land - CBS News

National parks' pot farms blamed on cartels / Mexican drug lords find it easier to grow in state than import - SFGate

Cartels Turn U.S. Forests Into Marijuana Plantations, Creating Toxic Mess - NYTimes.com
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by jamesrage; 08-10-2017 at 11:07 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamesrage For This Useful Post:
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,253
Thanks: 2,797
Thanked 3,060 Times in 2,393 Posts
Default Re: Toxic waste from U.S. pot farms alarms experts

I was not arguing the fact windmills kill birds, I stated I doubt conservatives sincerity when voicing a concern about them. Nice straw man, at least I think you are becoming more self aware when you have nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Ignorance is bliss but it doesn't have to be on purpose ya know.
You can deny anything you want but windmills kill birds. And a lot of Americans care.
Windfarms kill 10-20 times more than previously thought | Save the Eagles International

You don't have to be a liberal to care. Facts are facts. WCFN is hardly a conservative site. Tell them it's all a hoax. And, while you are at it professor, explain to the class why Wind and Solar farms are exempted from federal prosecution for the birds and bats they decimate.
__________________
Grab her by the *****, Vote Roy Moore.

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2017, 05:55 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,600
Thanks: 7,697
Thanked 10,634 Times in 6,006 Posts
Default Re: Toxic waste from U.S. pot farms alarms experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
I was not arguing the fact windmills kill birds, I stated I doubt conservatives sincerity when voicing a concern about them. Nice straw man, at least I think you are becoming more self aware when you have nothing.
Hardly. Been a self aware conservative as long as I have been a greenie. I know that confuses the simple minded but that doesn't change the facts of the matter.

My complaints about the Wind Turbine Bird Kills have been in my posts here since I started and other forums since 2008. They are genuine just as have been my objections to ETOH which any honest and informed greennie will agree is bad for the environment.

As for pesticides and chemical fertilizers, I trained on an Organic Truck farm in Ferguson MO, right next to Kinloch MO from the age of 12. I still Garden in that mode. You might look up them towns. One has been in the news of late, The other was once a segregated (by their choice), prime black community that went from upper class to dump around the fifties. I grew up one block from both the farm and the Kinloch border. Most of my friends then were black and we often worked together on the truck farm.

Currently I am rescuing 80 acres of Ozark land formerly known as "Hippie Ridge" by the locals. It was a commune and they grew their own there. We found piles of cans and trash 60 feet in diameter, three to five feet high. The farmhouse where they "squatted"was wall to wall trash, needles and beer bottles.


I could have just dozed it over and buried in a ravine but,,,; Three 20 yard dump containers to haul it off to recycling and legal landfills.

Between that mess, the clear cut logging and the brush fire, the place was a disaster when we bought it. It will be another 10 years before it is again, healthy

In other words, I don't conveniently fit your mold of conservative. Not because I'm different but because you are so wrong.

Your judgement of people is made with a broad brush. Apparently it only has two colors blue for left and red for right. Everyone must belong to one or the other and that's base on your definition of what a conservative is. At least, that is the face you present here.

News flash, Republicans aren't necessarily conservative.

And Pot heads aren't necessarily conservationists.

I got 80 acres to prove it.

And 70 years of living respectful to the land to show for it.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2017, 05:57 PM
lurch907's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,626
Thanks: 1,041
Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,723 Posts
Default Re: Toxic waste from U.S. pot farms alarms experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
People will sell you anything. Rats and mice are not out eating pot plants. I don't know why some of you are so bent on buying all this BS. Zinc phosphide is used in the home. I called a friend who grows pot in Oregon. He laughed when I read him the news. He said rats and mice have never been a problem for him. Mites and rain are the worst issues for him. He says none of the growers he knows use chemicals.
So, the dozens of sites reporting/discussing problems with rodents eating cannabis plants, the reports of people using rodenticide in their grow operations, DEA agents being harmed by the chemicals, all that must be false because you talked to one guy that said so?

Thinking like this is why liberals keep losing more and more gov't seats in this country. The public tells them over and over what they want but the liberal only listens to his pot head cousin.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lurch907 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
alarms, experts, farms, from, pot, toxic, waste

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0