Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Open Discussion (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/open-discussion/)
-   -   Anyone want to lose some weight? (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/open-discussion/48953-anyone-want-lose-some-weight.html)

squerly 11-25-2016 06:58 AM

Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Probably not the right time of year to try and lose some weight but I'm getting to the point where even my "fat" pants are tight. Gotta do something. At 6', 235lbs I'm looking to lose at least 20lbs. So here we go, hopefully someone else on this forum will join me and keep a log of their progress. Come on fatso's, lets hear from ya. ;)

Hairy Jello 11-25-2016 07:15 AM

re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
If I ever get fat I'll just switch my preferred taste in women to chubby chicks.

They're like trampolines with a vagina.

Seriously, if I keep eating Subway, fast food, and take-out, I'm gonna look like a hot air balloon. I would do healthy sh*t at home but can't cook worth a fuq and 42 won't come over in that French maid outfit and slave over the oven.

Senior 11-25-2016 08:28 AM

re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by squerly (Post 852569)
Probably not the right time of year to try and lose some weight but I'm getting to the point where even my "fat" pants are tight. Gotta do something. At 6', 235lbs I'm looking to lose at least 20lbs. So here we go, hopefully someone else on this forum will join me and keep a log of their progress. Come on fatso's, lets hear from ya. ;)

MyFitnessPal.com

The above is a free multi-platform dieting asset by Under Armor. The website has a huge food-product database and you can enter your daily meals/snacks and see how many calories you are ingesting daily. It will also track your daily carb, protein, fat, sodium, and sugar intakes. Accessible via your computer and mobile-device. Be honest and as precise as possible in your entries. It's best not to subtract for calories burned (i.e. workouts). I would suggest keeping your daily caloric intake under 1,600 until you have shed the 20#. Minimize carbs, fats, sugar, and sodium and maximize protein. The hardest part of weight management is not losing the weight, but keeping it off. To facilitate this, you'll need to make some lasting lifestyle decisions.

300 H and H 11-25-2016 08:48 AM

re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Easy,

Moderation, and stay away from sweet things. This includes Carbs like bread.

Lots of lean meats, eggs, and dairy. Some vegetables are ok as well, but some are just more carbs that turn to sugar in your gut.

No soda, sweet tea or any other high sugar treat.

Most importantly is portion size. Eat to live, not live to eat. :thumbsup

Regards, Kirk

Lollie 11-25-2016 08:49 AM

re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 H and H (Post 852593)
Easy,

Moderation, and stay away from sweet things. This includes Carbs like bread.

Lots of lean meats, eggs, and dairy. Some vegetables are ok as well, but some are just more carbs that turn to sugar in your gut.

No soda, sweet tea or any other high sugar treat.

Most importantly is portion size. Eat to live, not live to eat. :thumbsup

Regards, Kirk

:thumbsup

Lollie 11-25-2016 08:50 AM

re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy Jello (Post 852573)
If I ever get fat I'll just switch my preferred taste in women to chubby chicks.

They're like trampolines with a vagina.

Seriously, if I keep eating Subway, fast food, and take-out, I'm gonna look like a hot air balloon. I would do healthy sh*t at home but can't cook worth a fuq and 42 won't come over in that French maid outfit and slave over the oven.

:eek :rofl2

Pretty Flamingo 11-25-2016 08:58 AM

re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 H and H (Post 852593)
Easy,

Moderation, and stay away from sweet things. This includes Carbs like bread.

Lots of lean meats, eggs, and dairy. Some vegetables are ok as well, but some are just more carbs that turn to sugar in your gut.

No soda, sweet tea or any other high sugar treat.

Most importantly is portion size. Eat to live, not live to eat. :thumbsup

Regards, Kirk

That is so true. We have become so used to large portions, and need to reduce them too. Home cooked unprocessed food is important.

I type for clinicians and often it is when people arrive to the UK from less affluent countries that they start putting on weight. They may have had sufficient food in their home countries, which didn't have the additives and extras that we have, and their snacks were also natural foods, but the Western diet is dreadful. Consequently after a few years they need dietetic intervention or even surgery.

Unprocessed food is the way to go, with the occasional treats of course or you would go crazy from boredom!

GottaGo 11-25-2016 09:11 AM

re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
In addition to HH's post, there is some impact as to WHEN you eat.

Breaking down your meals into 5 times a day allows your body to assimilate the good stuff (vitamins and nutrients) rather than max out on absorption and eliminate the excess. A more constant flow of food also helps provide energy.

The other thing to do, is eat your heavier meal for lunch or early afternoon, and make dinner lighter. Your digestion slows down while you sleep, so a heavy dinner will likely sit in your system and not only the nutrients loose benefits, the fats and carbs don't digest well, and can actually disturb your sleep and metabolism. (morning lethargy).

Also, stay hydrated with water or fruit juice... it is beneficial for your body, but also helps make you feel fuller, and less likely to graze on junk food for snacks.

As I have to monitor my carb intake (Type 1 diabetes), I have also learned that you shouldn't cut out all your favorite foods or sweets completely. Set a reasonable per week portion of your favorite, otherwise, you may find yourself binging on huge amounts when the cravings get too strong.

Good luck, and hope we get reports of no longer fitting in your 'fat pants' in a good way!

300 H and H 11-25-2016 11:37 AM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Oh, and staying busy is important to..

Sitting about worrying about one's weight is a sure fire way to add even more. :o

Exercise comes in all kinds of forms. Make sure your getting some of that to. Being to busy to eat can help as well. :p

We teach best what we most need to learn.... :o

LOL at 6' 4" and about 210lb. is my normal, and I want to get to 200 before spring.

The holidays are a challenge. I skipped last evening meal. Just was not hungry, as I had a huge meal at noon..

Regards, Kirk

Pretty Flamingo 11-25-2016 12:13 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Also eating breakfast is important. The reason why many overweight people don't eat breakfast, (apart from perceived lack of time - but a sandwich for breakfast could be made the night before), is because they have been filling their faces the previous evening and are not hungry. Stop eating dinner and then nothing other than perhaps a piece of fruit nearer to bedtime (bananas help to induce sleepiness). Then there will be an appetite for breakfast.

I personally have two poached eggs on one slice of toast every morning. Sometimes I may add those Quorn bacon-type rashers as they are lush. The eggs are more filling than if I ate cereal and it lasts me till lunchtime. If my partner is going to be home to cook then I will eat a light lunch, but if he is not then I will have a larger meal at lunchtime because I just don't have the energy to make a main meal in the evenings.

treedancer 11-25-2016 01:50 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Iíve been at 210-215 for the last ten + years. On lifeís final glide I guess itís time for this ole man to get less than 200 hundred pounds for the first time since I was in my forties. :(

squerly 12-01-2016 06:57 AM

Week 1 check in.
 
Eliminated all red meat so far but I donít plan on this being forever. Iím a burger loving fellow but Iím going to get to my goal before I eat any more of them. Bread, which I love as well, is out too.

Been having grits for breakfast, variations of chicken for lunch and fish for dinner. Lunch is my big meal and Iíve made it almost a celebration, lol. Love to see lunchtime come around. Have limited my calorie intake to under 1,600 per day.

Part of my problem has been my incessant nighttime snacking. Itís not unusual for me to snack on cheese and crackers and drink a few beers every night. So thatís all gone now as well. Shame too cuz I like beer! Anyhow, I started at 235 and now down to 225 at this AM weigh in. So far, so good. :)

Dog Man 12-01-2016 12:10 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Stay away from carbs and Beer. Hamburger is OK, just don't use a bun. you can eat all the meat and veggies you want. Take long walks everyday. Get a dog or two, they will help with the walking. I used to be a bodybuilder. Now at 57 I'm just trying to hold on to my youth.

Dog Man 12-01-2016 12:14 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by treedancer (Post 852648)
Iíve been at 210-215 for the last ten + years. On lifeís final glide I guess itís time for this ole man to get less than 200 hundred pounds for the first time since I was in my forties. :(

You will feel like you have more energy if you do.

treedancer 12-01-2016 07:43 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 854166)
You will feel like you have more energy if you do.

I guess my days of five hundred pound squats are in the rear view mirror now.:(

Dog Man 12-02-2016 02:14 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by treedancer (Post 854288)
I guess my days of five hundred pound squats are in the rear view mirror now.:(

wow I never got close to that. I was just watching the worlds strongest man last night. The guy from Game of thrones was competing. he set a couple world records. he is 6'9 420lbs and not fat :eek

FrancSevin 12-02-2016 02:59 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by squerly (Post 852569)
Probably not the right time of year to try and lose some weight but I'm getting to the point where even my "fat" pants are tight. Gotta do something. At 6', 235lbs I'm looking to lose at least 20lbs. So here we go, hopefully someone else on this forum will join me and keep a log of their progress. Come on fatso's, lets hear from ya. ;)


Last year at this time I weighed in a 230 plus lbs. I found 38 jeans to be tight and since I planned to water ski last summer, I decided to lose some weight.

Been at it via calorie counting and morning weight checks (naked of course. I know, I know. Not a picture you wanted in your mind). Set goals of 5 lbs and then maintained them for 30 days. Yesterday I had three crŤme filled donuts and a pumpkin pie outside my usual basic meals. This morning 199 Lbs.

Now down to 195 lbs most days no matter what I eat. Falling off the wagon for one day doesn't effect the weight. Bought size 34 Wranglers last week and they fit fine.


My only exercise is 30 "soft" sit ups in bed before I get up. Just to work the tummy where the resident "evil" fat resides. I have no @ss. Lost that in the packaging business years ago.
The trick is to fool the body. Sudden starvation diets make it pack any extra calories on. Do it slow, small steps over time.

BTW; Red meat is not your problem.In fact, it is your diet friend. Breads, Pies, Pastries and dairy pack it on. (Beer is just liquid bread so that has to go as well)

Dog Man 12-02-2016 03:32 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancSevin (Post 854328)
Last year at this time I weighed in a 230 plus lbs. I found 38 jeans to be tight and since I planned to water ski last summer, I decided to lose some weight.

Been at it via calorie counting and morning weight checks (naked of course. I know, I know. Not a picture you wanted in your mind). Set goals of 5 lbs and then maintained them for 30 days. Yesterday I had three crŤme filled donuts and a pumpkin pie outside my usual basic meals. This morning 199 Lbs.

Now down to 195 lbs most days no matter what I eat. Falling off the wagon for one day doesn't effect the weight. Bought size 34 Wranglers last week and they fit fine.


My only exercise is 30 "soft" sit ups in bed before I get up. Just to work the tummy where the resident "evil" fat resides. I have no @ss. Lost that in the packaging business years ago.
The trick is to fool the body. Sudden starvation diets make it pack any extra calories on. Do it slow, small steps over time.

BTW; Red meat is not your problem.In fact, it is your diet friend. Breads, Pies, Pastries and dairy pack it on. (Beer is just liquid bread so that has to go as well)

I'll be having some liquid bread tomorrow. :D

300 H and H 12-02-2016 05:41 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancSevin (Post 854328)
Last year at this time I weighed in a 230 plus lbs. I found 38 jeans to be tight and since I planned to water ski last summer, I decided to lose some weight.

Been at it via calorie counting and morning weight checks (naked of course. I know, I know. Not a picture you wanted in your mind). Set goals of 5 lbs and then maintained them for 30 days. Yesterday I had three crŤme filled donuts and a pumpkin pie outside my usual basic meals. This morning 199 Lbs.

Now down to 195 lbs most days no matter what I eat. Falling off the wagon for one day doesn't effect the weight. Bought size 34 Wranglers last week and they fit fine.


My only exercise is 30 "soft" sit ups in bed before I get up. Just to work the tummy where the resident "evil" fat resides. I have no @ss. Lost that in the packaging business years ago.
The trick is to fool the body. Sudden starvation diets make it pack any extra calories on. Do it slow, small steps over time.

BTW; Red meat is not your problem.In fact, it is your diet friend. Breads, Pies, Pastries and dairy pack it on. (Beer is just liquid bread so that has to go as well)

Excellent advice!

Lean red meat, no buger.. Trimmed to. Sirloin is low in fat. Tasty to! ;)

Regards, Kirk

treedancer 12-02-2016 06:39 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 854324)
wow I never got close to that. I was just watching the worlds strongest man last night. The guy from Game of thrones was competing. he set a couple world records. he is 6'9 420lbs and not fat :eek


Dave Draper has this top squat attachment that I have been using for the last ten years.It helps when you have trouble with your arms because of rotator cuff surgery,which I have had on both shoulders.

While we're into help for the aged/old folk :D This trap bar helps with deads.:thumbsup

BridgetRose 12-02-2016 06:40 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by squerly (Post 852569)
Probably not the right time of year to try and lose some weight but I'm getting to the point where even my "fat" pants are tight. Gotta do something. At 6', 235lbs I'm looking to lose at least 20lbs. So here we go, hopefully someone else on this forum will join me and keep a log of their progress. Come on fatso's, lets hear from ya. ;)

I'll take you up on the offer because I've been doing it for the last year anyway with great success. I don't want to go into how much I currently weigh and how much I've already lost but I'll let you know when I take some off.

I'm on a diabetic diet; that took some time to get used to. What I've learned is Sugar and high carbs from things made from white flour and white potatoes are fat magnets. I've restructured my diet to whole grains,organic if I can afford it and fresh not processed food are the way to go. Took a while for me to find foods and recipes I liked but now I have my go too foods, comfort foods and a handful of desserts so I don't feel left out. It's all about taking on a new lifestyle and getting as comfortable with it as you were with the old foods. I also exercise at the gym frequently.

BridgetRose 12-02-2016 06:45 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Senior (Post 852586)
MyFitnessPal.com

The above is a free multi-platform dieting asset by Under Armor. The website has a huge food-product database and you can enter your daily meals/snacks and see how many calories you are ingesting daily. It will also track your daily carb, protein, fat, sodium, and sugar intakes. Accessible via your computer and mobile-device. Be honest and as precise as possible in your entries. It's best not to subtract for calories burned (i.e. workouts). I would suggest keeping your daily caloric intake under 1,600 until you have shed the 20#. Minimize carbs, fats, sugar, and sodium and maximize protein. The hardest part of weight management is not losing the weight, but keeping it off. To facilitate this, you'll need to make some lasting lifestyle decisions.

I use MFP every day it's a big help. I never log my workouts.

squerly 12-02-2016 07:15 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BridgetRose (Post 854372)
I'll take you up on the offer because I've been doing it for the last year anyway with great success. I don't want to go into how much I currently weigh and how much I've already lost but I'll let you know when I take some off.

Awesome ! I look forward to your participation. :thumbsup

Mikeyy 12-03-2016 03:53 AM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
I would point out that Hairy has never been with a real woman so all he really needs to do is add air to the one he has. :D

http://images.mid-day.com/2012/jul/sex-doll.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy Jello (Post 852573)
If I ever get fat I'll just switch my preferred taste in women to chubby chicks.

They're like trampolines with a vagina.

Seriously, if I keep eating Subway, fast food, and take-out, I'm gonna look like a hot air balloon. I would do healthy sh*t at home but can't cook worth a fuq and 42 won't come over in that French maid outfit and slave over the oven.


Mikeyy 12-03-2016 04:05 AM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
I've been on a diet for a long time. It's just a bad diet. But it's easy to stick with. You eat whatever you want and at some point you end up eating something good for you. Accidentally sure. But like I said, It's easy to stick with. :D

Good luck to you guys though. I am pulling for you all. We only get one life and the longer you are fit the better life it is.

squerly 12-04-2016 09:42 AM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
lol, I now know there are 24 almonds in a serving. ;)

Senior 12-04-2016 11:28 AM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Try for fresh or organic foods and cut down on "processed" products. Try to minimize your intake of MSG. You're also better off if you use turkey meat instead of beef (cow/steer). I also avoid GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms). If you buy canned veggies/fruits, dump the juice (loaded with sugar or MSG to increase shelf-life) and rinse the product in a strainer. Make it a habit to peruse the nutrition label that is now on virtually all foodstuffs.

Dog Man 12-05-2016 10:47 AM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by treedancer (Post 854371)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azWwBWx2mQE

Dave Draper has this top squat attachment that I have been using for the last ten years.It helps when you have trouble with your arms because of rotator cuff surgery,which I have had on both shoulders.

While we're into help for the aged/old folk :D This trap bar helps with deads.:thumbsup

Wow what a great invention, I have some shoulder problems too, tore my bicep and had to have it pinned back to my shoulder, it's doing good now. I quit doing squats years ago due to a broken patella that was wired back together. I still have the wire in there and it has broken a couple times, but no problems or pain. Dave is still looking good, he was always in the muscle mags back in the 70's and early 80's. Remember when Muscle and Fitness was called Muscle Builder? I met Joe Weider at George Effierman's gym back in the 80's

FrancSevin 12-05-2016 01:19 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BridgetRose (Post 854372)
I'll take you up on the offer because I've been doing it for the last year anyway with great success. I don't want to go into how much I currently weigh and how much I've already lost but I'll let you know when I take some off.

I'm on a diabetic diet; that took some time to get used to. What I've learned is Sugar and high carbs from things made from white flour and white potatoes are fat magnets. I've restructured my diet to whole grains,organic if I can afford it and fresh not processed food are the way to go. Took a while for me to find foods and recipes I liked but now I have my go too foods, comfort foods and a handful of desserts so I don't feel left out. It's all about taking on a new lifestyle and getting as comfortable with it as you were with the old foods. I also exercise at the gym frequently.

I cook almost everything from scratch. Bad side is that no one is telling you what a portion size is and how many calories they contain. Good side is you can use better quality ingredients and omit the chemical "enhancements" like carrageenan and MSG.

My only compromise is real butter. I tend to use it more than I should.
I use chicken broth over butter in mashed potatoes.
Salt is out along with cream cheese and sour cream.
Extra Virgin Olive oil. Red Wine Vinegars. No prepared salad Dressings.
Stone ground wheat bread only.


Breakfast is usually black coffee, wheat toast with local honey. Sometimes black berries or dried Cranberries.

Lunch at our favorite restaurant is Pasta with marinara sauce and a salad. Religiously every day. We don't even order just walk in.

Dinner varies but mostly red meat from prime cuts and skinless Chicken breasts. Always broiled, never fried. Meat at dinner is five times a week and not over 6 ounces.


Meatless meals include pasta primavera in olive oil. Or a Chicken/Vegetable broth soup. Or Zucchini bakes with onions, celery, and green peppers, olive oil, bacon bits( I know but less than one slice for the two of us) and some grated Asagio/Parmesan.


Desserts are limited and seldom. However, a dark chocolate Eskimo pie before bedtime please the wife. Otherwise it is fresh or dried berries and nuts.

GottaGo 12-05-2016 01:48 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BridgetRose (Post 854372)
I'll take you up on the offer because I've been doing it for the last year anyway with great success. I don't want to go into how much I currently weigh and how much I've already lost but I'll let you know when I take some off.

I'm on a diabetic diet; that took some time to get used to. What I've learned is Sugar and high carbs from things made from white flour and white potatoes are fat magnets. I've restructured my diet to whole grains,organic if I can afford it and fresh not processed food are the way to go. Took a while for me to find foods and recipes I liked but now I have my go too foods, comfort foods and a handful of desserts so I don't feel left out. It's all about taking on a new lifestyle and getting as comfortable with it as you were with the old foods. I also exercise at the gym frequently.

While I'm 'Diabetic', I'm a Type 1. I still have to count carbs, so I know how much insulin to take.

I have a lot of the numbers in my head, this is a great source of info: CalorieKing - Diet and weight loss. Calorie Counter and more

Good luck to you!

treedancer 12-05-2016 02:49 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 854961)
Wow what a great invention, I have some shoulder problems too, tore my bicep and had to have it pinned back to my shoulder, it's doing good now. I quit doing squats years ago due to a broken patella that was wired back together. I still have the wire in there and it has broken a couple times, but no problems or pain. Dave is still looking good, he was always in the muscle mags back in the 70's and early 80's. Remember when Muscle and Fitness was called Muscle Builder? I met Joe Weider at George Effierman's gym back in the 80's


If you have access to a cable x over machine this cable squat shouldn't put much pressure on your patella.:wave

Dog Man 12-05-2016 03:09 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by treedancer (Post 855021)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P72uPjitKhg

If you have access to a cable x over machine this cable squat shouldn't put much pressure on your patella.:wave

I'll try that. It looks like it might be good for the lower back too. I recently PT'd myself out of surgery I was told I needed from a torn meniscus. Nothing like exercise to keep the body functioning normal.

squerly 12-08-2016 06:15 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
http://www.facebook.com/wonderwomb/videos/550114471849478/
You guy's are this good, right?

Dog Man 12-09-2016 10:03 AM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by squerly (Post 855813)

Holy shlt!!!:jawdrop I would have been a puddle of blood and broken bones.

squerly 12-10-2016 07:53 AM

End of week #2
 
Slight setback this last week as I decided to reward myself with some snacks. Mostly healthy snacks like Almonds and Watermelon. While both are healthy foods they are apparently both high in calories too, and while I didn't gain any weight those days, I certainly didn't lose any either. So I abandoned them and went back to snacking on Cauliflower and Carrots. Anyone want 1/2 a watermelon before I feed it to the deer? Anyhow, as of this morning's weight in I'm tipping the scale at 221, or 14lbs down from when I started. :thumbsup

Lollie 12-10-2016 05:51 PM

Re: End of week #2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by squerly (Post 856173)
Slight setback this last week as I decided to reward myself with some snacks. Mostly healthy snacks like Almonds and Watermelon. While both are healthy foods they are apparently both high in calories too, and while I didn't gain any weight those days, I certainly didn't lose any either. So I abandoned them and went back to snacking on Cauliflower and Carrots. Anyone want 1/2 a watermelon before I feed it to the deer? Anyhow, as of this morning's weight in I'm tipping the scale at 221, or 14lbs down from when I started. :thumbsup

Good job.

Lollie 12-10-2016 05:56 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
I eat, or try to eat sensibly most of the time.
Used to be a vegetarian, then vegan for a while.
I stay active which is very important.
Good genes help too.
Right now I am at 161, almost 5' 10", between a small and medium build.
My doctor said I am doing everything right.
When I weighed 150 peeps told me I was skinny.

Pretty Flamingo 12-12-2016 03:02 AM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lollie (Post 856269)
I eat, or try to eat sensibly most of the time.
Used to be a vegetarian, then vegan for a while.
I stay active which is very important.
Good genes help too.
Right now I am at 161, almost 5' 10", between a small and medium build.
My doctor said I am doing everything right.
When I weighed 150 peeps told me I was skinny.

I am not vegetarian, but still eat quite healthily. I should be 10 stones but feel and look better at 12. Because we eat out quite a bit I can put on weight easily. I try to keep around 11 stone and have some wiggle room so I don't go above 12. No way do I want to end up as big as I was several years ago. That was a nightmare.

GottaGo 12-12-2016 06:44 AM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lollie (Post 856269)
I eat, or try to eat sensibly most of the time.
Used to be a vegetarian, then vegan for a while.
I stay active which is very important.
Good genes help too.
Right now I am at 161, almost 5' 10", between a small and medium build.
My doctor said I am doing everything right.
When I weighed 150 peeps told me I was skinny.

Not everybody is built to carry the same weight. Your 'goal' should be where YOU are comfortable. :thumbsup

My whole family tends to the slender side, we grew up eating relatively healthy, soda and sugar snacks were a very rare occurrence. Those eating habits have always followed me, and I'm thankful I don't have to change them for dealing with my health issues.

Mikeyy 12-12-2016 09:32 AM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
I'm paleo man. Just get exercise and cut out the grains and breads. Not too much fruit either. Drink lots of water. Now, I don't drink lots of water all though I should. But I know it makes you rust. Seriously, If you really want to lose weight and get in better shape this is the key. One of the problems for me was in the morning. I am usually in a hurry and need something in my stomach. I made this garbage and it's good for days in the fridge.

Dice Sweet Potatoes
Chopped onions
Chopped Red Peppers
Zuchinni,
Bacon for flavor
Eggs
Coconut butter
Season to taste

Fry this all up like stir fry or what we used to call "Garbage". Throw it in a tupperware container and scoop some out to microwave in the morning. It's good solid paleo food and it will hold you over for a while.

http://images.fitnessmagazine.mdpcdn...?itok=OaVr2OiT


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0