Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Open Discussion (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/open-discussion/)
-   -   Anyone want to lose some weight? (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/open-discussion/48953-anyone-want-lose-some-weight.html)

treedancer 11-25-2016 01:50 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Iíve been at 210-215 for the last ten + years. On lifeís final glide I guess itís time for this ole man to get less than 200 hundred pounds for the first time since I was in my forties. :(

squerly 12-01-2016 06:57 AM

Week 1 check in.
 
Eliminated all red meat so far but I donít plan on this being forever. Iím a burger loving fellow but Iím going to get to my goal before I eat any more of them. Bread, which I love as well, is out too.

Been having grits for breakfast, variations of chicken for lunch and fish for dinner. Lunch is my big meal and Iíve made it almost a celebration, lol. Love to see lunchtime come around. Have limited my calorie intake to under 1,600 per day.

Part of my problem has been my incessant nighttime snacking. Itís not unusual for me to snack on cheese and crackers and drink a few beers every night. So thatís all gone now as well. Shame too cuz I like beer! Anyhow, I started at 235 and now down to 225 at this AM weigh in. So far, so good. :)

Dog Man 12-01-2016 12:10 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Stay away from carbs and Beer. Hamburger is OK, just don't use a bun. you can eat all the meat and veggies you want. Take long walks everyday. Get a dog or two, they will help with the walking. I used to be a bodybuilder. Now at 57 I'm just trying to hold on to my youth.

Dog Man 12-01-2016 12:14 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by treedancer (Post 852648)
Iíve been at 210-215 for the last ten + years. On lifeís final glide I guess itís time for this ole man to get less than 200 hundred pounds for the first time since I was in my forties. :(

You will feel like you have more energy if you do.

treedancer 12-01-2016 07:43 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 854166)
You will feel like you have more energy if you do.

I guess my days of five hundred pound squats are in the rear view mirror now.:(

Dog Man 12-02-2016 02:14 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by treedancer (Post 854288)
I guess my days of five hundred pound squats are in the rear view mirror now.:(

wow I never got close to that. I was just watching the worlds strongest man last night. The guy from Game of thrones was competing. he set a couple world records. he is 6'9 420lbs and not fat :eek

FrancSevin 12-02-2016 02:59 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by squerly (Post 852569)
Probably not the right time of year to try and lose some weight but I'm getting to the point where even my "fat" pants are tight. Gotta do something. At 6', 235lbs I'm looking to lose at least 20lbs. So here we go, hopefully someone else on this forum will join me and keep a log of their progress. Come on fatso's, lets hear from ya. ;)


Last year at this time I weighed in a 230 plus lbs. I found 38 jeans to be tight and since I planned to water ski last summer, I decided to lose some weight.

Been at it via calorie counting and morning weight checks (naked of course. I know, I know. Not a picture you wanted in your mind). Set goals of 5 lbs and then maintained them for 30 days. Yesterday I had three crŤme filled donuts and a pumpkin pie outside my usual basic meals. This morning 199 Lbs.

Now down to 195 lbs most days no matter what I eat. Falling off the wagon for one day doesn't effect the weight. Bought size 34 Wranglers last week and they fit fine.


My only exercise is 30 "soft" sit ups in bed before I get up. Just to work the tummy where the resident "evil" fat resides. I have no @ss. Lost that in the packaging business years ago.
The trick is to fool the body. Sudden starvation diets make it pack any extra calories on. Do it slow, small steps over time.

BTW; Red meat is not your problem.In fact, it is your diet friend. Breads, Pies, Pastries and dairy pack it on. (Beer is just liquid bread so that has to go as well)

Dog Man 12-02-2016 03:32 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancSevin (Post 854328)
Last year at this time I weighed in a 230 plus lbs. I found 38 jeans to be tight and since I planned to water ski last summer, I decided to lose some weight.

Been at it via calorie counting and morning weight checks (naked of course. I know, I know. Not a picture you wanted in your mind). Set goals of 5 lbs and then maintained them for 30 days. Yesterday I had three crŤme filled donuts and a pumpkin pie outside my usual basic meals. This morning 199 Lbs.

Now down to 195 lbs most days no matter what I eat. Falling off the wagon for one day doesn't effect the weight. Bought size 34 Wranglers last week and they fit fine.


My only exercise is 30 "soft" sit ups in bed before I get up. Just to work the tummy where the resident "evil" fat resides. I have no @ss. Lost that in the packaging business years ago.
The trick is to fool the body. Sudden starvation diets make it pack any extra calories on. Do it slow, small steps over time.

BTW; Red meat is not your problem.In fact, it is your diet friend. Breads, Pies, Pastries and dairy pack it on. (Beer is just liquid bread so that has to go as well)

I'll be having some liquid bread tomorrow. :D

300 H and H 12-02-2016 05:41 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancSevin (Post 854328)
Last year at this time I weighed in a 230 plus lbs. I found 38 jeans to be tight and since I planned to water ski last summer, I decided to lose some weight.

Been at it via calorie counting and morning weight checks (naked of course. I know, I know. Not a picture you wanted in your mind). Set goals of 5 lbs and then maintained them for 30 days. Yesterday I had three crŤme filled donuts and a pumpkin pie outside my usual basic meals. This morning 199 Lbs.

Now down to 195 lbs most days no matter what I eat. Falling off the wagon for one day doesn't effect the weight. Bought size 34 Wranglers last week and they fit fine.


My only exercise is 30 "soft" sit ups in bed before I get up. Just to work the tummy where the resident "evil" fat resides. I have no @ss. Lost that in the packaging business years ago.
The trick is to fool the body. Sudden starvation diets make it pack any extra calories on. Do it slow, small steps over time.

BTW; Red meat is not your problem.In fact, it is your diet friend. Breads, Pies, Pastries and dairy pack it on. (Beer is just liquid bread so that has to go as well)

Excellent advice!

Lean red meat, no buger.. Trimmed to. Sirloin is low in fat. Tasty to! ;)

Regards, Kirk

treedancer 12-02-2016 06:39 PM

Re: Anyone want to lose some weight?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 854324)
wow I never got close to that. I was just watching the worlds strongest man last night. The guy from Game of thrones was competing. he set a couple world records. he is 6'9 420lbs and not fat :eek


Dave Draper has this top squat attachment that I have been using for the last ten years.It helps when you have trouble with your arms because of rotator cuff surgery,which I have had on both shoulders.

While we're into help for the aged/old folk :D This trap bar helps with deads.:thumbsup


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0