Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy? at the General Forum; How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy?...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy?

How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeyy For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2014, 08:00 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 75,823
Thanks: 53,856
Thanked 25,642 Times in 18,248 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy?
I know many governors will take credit. Butch Otter of Idaho comes to mind...
and that criminal azzhole who is governor of Florida right now.
__________________

Water Gate II
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2014, 08:34 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,328
Thanks: 7,381
Thanked 10,295 Times in 5,838 Posts
Default Re: How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy?

The author of this thread ,once again, erects a strawman argument by making the assumptions that,
One) the GOP will take credit for the improvement when as of yet they haven't.
And Two), The assumption that the economy is improving. An assertion the author, despite some evidence to the contrary, insists is true.

This, is how desperation looks. There will be more last gasps from Obama/Holder sycophants. After 6 years of failure, such assassinations of deceitful prepositions it is all they have left

The economy is getting better on some fronts. Such improvements in the economy are basically the Stock markets, big banks and wealthy investors are doing well. Said another way, the rich are getting richer.

Meanwhile, despite Oval office rhetoric to the contrary, the poor and the middle class are losing ground. All under the watchful eye of the wealthy who continue to funnel money to the democrats as they did in the last election.

If the GOP wishes to win in 2016, aside from developing better communications skills, defining their message, and consolidating their base, they need to refrain from bragging at all about any improvement in the economy. Because they will have no impact on it.

The economy is regaining strength because the capitalist are finding ways around the government,. As they always have. The economy is likely to improve in spite of government help. And, would do so more quickly without it.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 12-26-2014 at 08:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2014, 08:41 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy?

The republicans haven't taken the reigns yet in congress but we already see improvements in the economy. We will see a lot of improvement in my view because the money we usually pour into Exxon pockets is going in to the wider economy. But I expect the right who has been dragging their feet the entire time to jump in front of the good news and take credit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
The author of this thread ,once again, erects a strawman argument by making the assumptions that,
One) the GOP will take credit for the improvement when as of yet they haven't.
And Two), The assumption that the economy is improving. An assertion the author, despite some evidence to the contrary, insists is true.

This, is how desperation looks.

The improvements in the economy are basically the Stock markets, big banks and wealthy investors are doing well. Said another way, the rich are getting richer.

Meanwhile, despite Oval office rhetoric to the contrary, the poor and the middle class are losing ground. All under the watchful eye of the wealthy who continue to funnel money to the democrats as they did in the last election.

If the GOP wishes to win in 2016, aside from developing better communications skills, defining their message, and consolidating their base, they need to refrain from bragging at all about any improvement in the economy. Because they have no impact on it.

The economy is regaining strength because the capitalist are finding ways around the government,. As they always have. The economy is likely to improve in spite of government help. And, would do so more quickly without it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeyy For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post

The economy is regaining strength because the capitalist are finding ways around the government,. As they always have. The economy is likely to improve in spite of government help. And, would do so more quickly without it.
Who are you talking about when you say the capatalists? And what do you mean, finding their way around government.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2014, 09:15 PM
Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,324
Thanks: 642
Thanked 663 Times in 428 Posts
Default Re: How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I know many governors will take credit. Butch Otter of Idaho comes to mind...
and that criminal azzhole who is governor of Florida right now.
Now hold it right there salty - Rick Scott may be an azz, and look like a penis in a condom, but he isn't a criminal, he only took the 5th amendment pledge under oath 75 times, so he gets the presumption of innocence. I know it sounds crazy - but Scott has actually been a good Governor for Florida, and was a much better choice than a retread ex-Republican, than Independent, then Democratic, ex-Governor opponent, Charlie Christ........STFN
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2014, 09:26 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,936
Thanks: 2,041
Thanked 32,633 Times in 19,012 Posts
Default Re: How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy?

So what Mikeyy is saying is...

"You didn't build that!"...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
So what Mikeyy is saying is...

"You didn't build that!"...
And in context. Unlike the right.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2014, 09:55 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 75,823
Thanks: 53,856
Thanked 25,642 Times in 18,248 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STFAN View Post
Now hold it right there salty - Rick Scott may be an azz, and look like a penis in a condom, but he isn't a criminal, he only took the 5th amendment pledge under oath 75 times, so he gets the presumption of innocence. I know it sounds crazy - but Scott has actually been a good Governor for Florida, and was a much better choice than a retread ex-Republican, than Independent, then Democratic, ex-Governor opponent, Charlie Christ........STFN
sorry to inform you, Rick-fan but he is a criminal. Convicted in a company wide scam that bilked Medicare for a bigger take than any in history.
__________________

Water Gate II
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2014, 10:38 PM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,609 Times in 11,936 Posts
Default Re: How Soon Before the Republicans Try to Take Credit For the Improving Economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
sorry to inform you, Rick-fan but he is a criminal. Convicted in a company wide scam that bilked Medicare for a bigger take than any in history.
link
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
before, credit, economy, for, how, improving, republicans, soon, take, the, try

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0