Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Social Security checks could stop if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling Read m at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Dog Man Default! Did the IRS stop collecting taxes? OMG!!!! Am I the only one still paying ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Xcali's Avatar
Dog Man Entertainment Grp
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,194
Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,395 Times in 998 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Xcali
Default Re: Social Security checks could stop if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Default! Did the IRS stop collecting taxes? OMG!!!! Am I the only one still paying out the nose? last I heard the IRS collects around 250 bil a month and the interest is around 20 bil a month, how could we default unless the IRS stops collecting revenue? Sorry, I'm not a scholar like you, I'm just a dumb construction guy that owns a successful commercial contracting business in the worst construction climate in the country, so talk slow so I can understand how this money stuff works. OK?
yeah right...

Just in the month of August the Government ran a DEFICIT of 147.9 billion dollars. Do you think they are suddenly going to draw in enough revenue to make up for it ? Without the ability to borrow more money the treasury won't have enough to pay the bills... But go ahead and stay in the right wing denial bubble, just hold on for the ride when they default on the debt.

Monthly Budget Deficit | Breaking It Down | Bankrupting America | Government spending and waste in Washington, DC are bankrupting America and increasing our national debt to nearly $17 trillion.
__________________
“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
― Thomas Jefferson


“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #102 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:15 PM
PT Again's Avatar
No Cactus Expert
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,349
Thanks: 325
Thanked 567 Times in 439 Posts
Default Re: Social Security checks could stop if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcali View Post
yeah right...

Just in the month of August the Government ran a DEFICIT of 147.9 billion dollars. Do you think they are suddenly going to draw in enough revenue to make up for it ? Without the ability to borrow more money the treasury won't have enough to pay the bills... But go ahead and stay in the right wing denial bubble, just hold on for the ride when they default on the debt.

Monthly Budget Deficit | Breaking It Down | Bankrupting America | Government spending and waste in Washington, DC are bankrupting America and increasing our national debt to nearly $17 trillion.
The US has never defaulted, and are not about to start now............

In this current game of chicken.............Obama has the most to lose.......

Under no circumstance will he allow the record books to show him as the first president to default. There will be no asterisk***
__________________
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that
they know so much that isn't so.": Ronald Reagan

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PT Again For This Useful Post:
  #103 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,231
Thanks: 6,723
Thanked 6,686 Times in 4,539 Posts
Default Re: Social Security checks could stop if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcali View Post
yeah right...

Just in the month of August the Government ran a DEFICIT of 147.9 billion dollars. Do you think they are suddenly going to draw in enough revenue to make up for it ? Without the ability to borrow more money the treasury won't have enough to pay the bills... But go ahead and stay in the right wing denial bubble, just hold on for the ride when they default on the debt.

Monthly Budget Deficit | Breaking It Down | Bankrupting America | Government spending and waste in Washington, DC are bankrupting America and increasing our national debt to nearly $17 trillion.
The only one that can make the decision to not pay the bills is Obama. You crack me up, you bitch about Obamas increasing debt and you want to add to it. WTF!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #104 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,231
Thanks: 6,723
Thanked 6,686 Times in 4,539 Posts
Default Re: Social Security checks could stop if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Again View Post
The US has never defaulted, and are not about to start now............

In this current game of chicken.............Obama has the most to lose.......

Under no circumstance will he allow the record books to show him as the first president to default. There will be no asterisk***
Absolutely right!
Reply With Quote
  #105 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Xcali's Avatar
Dog Man Entertainment Grp
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,194
Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,395 Times in 998 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Xcali
Default Re: Social Security checks could stop if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Again View Post
The US has never defaulted, and are not about to start now............

In this current game of chicken.............Obama has the most to lose.......

Under no circumstance will he allow the record books to show him as the first president to default. There will be no asterisk***
You must not follow politics too closely then.

The Tea Party HATES Obama. What better way to ruin his legacy than to force a default on the nations debt , everyone knows at the end of the day a default will go against Obama's record. These Extremists don't give a sh** about the economy or the people in this country, they care about scoring points against the Black guy in the White House. If they get their way we're going to default and cause a new Great Depression.
__________________
“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
― Thomas Jefferson


“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #106 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:32 PM
PT Again's Avatar
No Cactus Expert
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,349
Thanks: 325
Thanked 567 Times in 439 Posts
Default Re: Social Security checks could stop if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcali View Post
You must not follow politics too closely then.

The Tea Party HATES Obama. What better way to ruin his legacy than to force a default on the nations debt , everyone knows at the end of the day a default will go against Obama's record. These Extremists don't give a sh** about the economy or the people in this country, they care about scoring points against the Black guy in the White House. If they get their way we're going to default and cause a new Great Depression.
You are talking in circles (deflecting)...............what was it that I said leads you to believe I don t follow politics. Which one of my statements is incorrect?
__________________
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that
they know so much that isn't so.": Ronald Reagan

Reply With Quote
  #107 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Xcali's Avatar
Dog Man Entertainment Grp
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,194
Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,395 Times in 998 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Xcali
Default Re: Social Security checks could stop if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Again View Post
You are talking in circles (deflecting)...............what was it that I said leads you to believe I don t follow politics. Which one of my statements is incorrect?
The part where Obama isn't going to allow the country to default...

You act as if he has any say in it. He's already stated flat out that he does not believe he can legally use the 14th amendment to raise the debt ceiling. The Tea Party and Ted Cruz have made it known they will not support or vote for ANYTHING that does not repeal Obamacare.

So tell me.. Just what is Obama going to do when the Treasury can't borrow enough money to pay the bills?...

Tell me how he is going to get the House Tea Party Republicans to pass a Debt Ceiling Raise and a CR to re-open the Government.

I know you don't honestly think he will repeal his own Law do you?...
__________________
“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
― Thomas Jefferson


“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #108 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:50 PM
PT Again's Avatar
No Cactus Expert
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,349
Thanks: 325
Thanked 567 Times in 439 Posts
Default Re: Social Security checks could stop if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcali View Post
The part where Obama isn't going to allow the country to default...

You act as if he has any say in it. He's already stated flat out that he does not believe he can legally use the 14th amendment to raise the debt ceiling. The Tea Party and Ted Cruz have made it known they will not support or vote for ANYTHING that does not repeal Obamacare.

So tell me.. Just what is Obama going to do when the Treasury can't borrow enough money to pay the bills?...

Tell me how he is going to get the House Tea Party Republicans to pass a Debt Ceiling Raise and a CR to re-open the Government.

I know you don't honestly think he will repeal his own Law do you?...
He is going to cave. The next thing that passes will not have anything to do with Obamacare. They will get a temporary reprieve by getting the debt ceiling increased minimally. He cannot afford another shutdown on his record. He will come to realize that he is not the one holding the better hand here. He will start his cave in by piece by piece tearing apart his own legislation starting with the repeal of the medical device tax.
__________________
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that
they know so much that isn't so.": Ronald Reagan

Reply With Quote
  #109 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 PM
joec's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Russell Springs, Kentucky
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,869
Thanks: 65
Thanked 1,246 Times in 874 Posts
Default Re: Social Security checks could stop if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
The only one that can make the decision to not pay the bills is Obama. You crack me up, you bitch about Obamas increasing debt and you want to add to it. WTF!
Actually Dog Man no president can spend a dime without the permission and instructions from Congress. Presidents don't have the power to set fiscal policy but only the two houses of Congress do.
__________________
Joe

I used to be Apathetic. But Now I Just Don't Care.
Reply With Quote
  #110 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2013, 09:03 PM
PT Again's Avatar
No Cactus Expert
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,349
Thanks: 325
Thanked 567 Times in 439 Posts
Default Re: Social Security checks could stop if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec View Post
Actually Dog Man no president can spend a dime without the permission and instructions from Congress. Presidents don't have the power to set fiscal policy but only the two houses of Congress do.
Actually Joe, the President is the one that sends the initial budget to congress for approval. Therefore it is actually possible for him to set fiscal policy under the rare instance that the congress agrees with his budget intact.

The left is notorious for attacking Bush's fiscal policy.............
__________________
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that
they know so much that isn't so.": Ronald Reagan

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ceiling, checks, congress, could, debt, fails, raise, read, security, social, stop, the

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0