Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Many employees of cities demanding Wal Mart pay 12 an hour at the General Forum; Originally Posted by 40yearfan And as usual, the liberal doesn't mind how many dollars he spends as long as they ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Many employees of cities demanding Wal Mart pay 12 an hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40yearfan View Post
And as usual, the liberal doesn't mind how many dollars he spends as long as they are someone else's dollars. Never mind the IRA's/401k's/union pension/H&W funds that depend on this stock. As far as Mikey is concerned, their money spends just as well and the millions of people who depend on them are just going to have to forgo retirement for a few more years.
And as usual the right protects the rich and the greedy over the average Joe. I don't begrudge the waltons from being mega rich. I do think they are greedy fu*ks if they spent so much effort to keep their workers in poverty wages. Fu*k them.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2013, 01:50 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 82,955
Thanks: 55,944
Thanked 26,443 Times in 18,943 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Many employees of cities demanding Wal Mart pay 12 an hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40yearfan View Post
And as usual, the liberal doesn't mind how many dollars he spends as long as they are someone else's dollars. Never mind the IRA's/401k's/union pension/H&W funds that depend on this stock. As far as Mikey is concerned, their money spends just as well and the millions of people who depend on them are just going to have to forgo retirement for a few more years.
Where have you been? wmart is stealing from pension funds right and left. and as far as i can see doesnt contribute a dime to insurance.
__________________
I like presidents who don’t forget the words to the Pledge of Allegiance.
~Scott Dworkin
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2013, 02:12 PM
BridgetRose's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TARDIS
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,411
Thanks: 1,815
Thanked 891 Times in 556 Posts
Default Re: Many employees of cities demanding Wal Mart pay 12 an hour

These are entry level jobs and much needed. I'm sorry that your life sux that your main source of income is Walmart,but if they start paying that much than they should fire your unskilled ass and get a college student with a associates degree. Just sayin.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BridgetRose For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Many employees of cities demanding Wal Mart pay 12 an hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetRose View Post
These are entry level jobs and much needed. I'm sorry that your life sux that your main source of income is Walmart,but if they start paying that much than they should fire your unskilled ass and get a college student with a associates degree. Just sayin.
The question isn't that they are entry level jobs. It's that that pay has been stagnant too long. It needs to be increased. Just because it may be considered entry level jobs to you it doesn't in turn mean these people should be paid like slaves. A decent wage is a fair wage. $10-$12 is not exorbitant. Especially when the CEO of Micky D's is making $13.8M a year. Who deserves that much money. He isn't the owner. He just works there. So the idea we are arguing over bringing wages up from $8 to $12 and acting like it would be the end of the world is just a little over the top.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:19 PM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,612 Times in 11,938 Posts
Default Re: Many employees of cities demanding Wal Mart pay 12 an hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
The question isn't that they are entry level jobs. It's that that pay has been stagnant too long. It needs to be increased. Just because it may be considered entry level jobs to you it doesn't in turn mean these people should be paid like slaves. A decent wage is a fair wage. $10-$12 is not exorbitant. Especially when the CEO of Micky D's is making $13.8M a year. Who deserves that much money. He isn't the owner. He just works there. So the idea we are arguing over bringing wages up from $8 to $12 and acting like it would be the end of the world is just a little over the top.
If any of these poor workers can do what the CEO of McDonald's does or Walmart does than I will agree they deserve a raise, but until then they get minimum wage which is commensurate with their skill level.
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:23 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 82,955
Thanks: 55,944
Thanked 26,443 Times in 18,943 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Many employees of cities demanding Wal Mart pay 12 an hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetRose View Post
These are entry level jobs and much needed. I'm sorry that your life sux that your main source of income is Walmart,but if they start paying that much than they should fire your unskilled ass and get a college student with a associates degree. Just sayin.
A lot of ff workers have degrees, maybe the wmart brats can go to work there.
__________________
I like presidents who don’t forget the words to the Pledge of Allegiance.
~Scott Dworkin
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Xcali's Avatar
Dog Man Entertainment Grp
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,194
Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,395 Times in 998 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Xcali
Default Re: Many employees of cities demanding Wal Mart pay 12 an hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40yearfan View Post
Don't shop at Walmart, but don't insist on raising prices significantly for people who depend on Walmart for low priced goods. Add 25 to 50% more for prices at these stores and a whole bunch of people are going to watch their small wages get even smaller.
I don't, I stopped shopping there when Sam Walton passed it on and the Company started treating their employees like trash. I've found over the years that Companies like Wal-Mart tend to take care of themselves eventually. If they want to keep their employees at part time , low paid labor that's their right, but when people stop applying for those jobs and people stop shopping those stores you'll find that Wal-Mart will either have a change of heart or they'll shutter the doors. There are other companies that are expanding and giving Wally World a run for their money. Before long Wal-Mart might wish they had stayed out of the Grocery business....
__________________
“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
― Thomas Jefferson


“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Many employees of cities demanding Wal Mart pay 12 an hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
If any of these poor workers can do what the CEO of McDonald's does or Walmart does than I will agree they deserve a raise, but until then they get minimum wage which is commensurate with their skill level.
Oh BS man. The guy is keeping the seat warm until they replace him with someone else. There isn't some $13.5M dollar decision this guy needs to make. That salary is a joke and it makes my point. If they are stressing prices rising if they pay the workers more. Maybe they could lower them if they stopped paying one man $13.5M. Don't ever try to tell me this guy is worth $13.5M.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,206 Times in 8,268 Posts
Default Re: Many employees of cities demanding Wal Mart pay 12 an hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
You can't live in the city on 12 dollars an hour unless you have like 3 room mates who share everything including food and gas.
I could live in any major American city on $12 an hour with no more than one roommate. If you doubt it name a large city and I'll show you how.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hairy Jello For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
cities, demanding, employees, hour, many, mart, pay, wal

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0