Just after the government got caught with a handful of cookies, they had to admit they were indeed spying on us. When the storm wouldn't blow over, President Obama appeared on TV and during his explanatory speech he noted "If we don't trust our elected officials, well, then we have a problem."
I thought this was interesting in that Iíve seen married couples (who suspect their spouse of infidelity) use this same approach. The accused turns the tables by making the accuser feel bad for questioning the sacred trust that exists between them. But only foolish spouses and people seeking continuation of normality buy into such nonsense.
Iíve been known to subscribe to conspiracy theories way too often so I put a little thought into my suspicions, just to be sure it wasnít me being me. And here are some of the things that have fueled my lack of trust in Mr. Obama, his administration, and all the other politicians that run our lives and make decisions on our behalf.
- Drones everywhere and Iím not referring to the ones in Afghanistan.
- Policy making it legal for the president to order US citizens to be targeted (killed) on his command. Forget about normal due process.
- Internet and email monitoring.
- Cell phone tracking.
- Mandatory black boxes in every car sold in the US starting in 2014.
- Tracking credit card purchases.
- Medical records seized and monitored by the IRS.
- Development of a 1.5 million square feet data (spy) center (in Utah).
- Gun control efforts that have left the conspiracy theory sector and moved into the light of reality. The only people denying it are those whose agenda it is to promote it.
- At this time, we, the citizens of the USA, are almost $17,000,000,000,000.00 in debt, and the number continues to climb. Aside from the Tea Party, nobody seems to care. Quite the contrary, the Democrats have done everything in their power to vilify the TP by painting them as racist and possibly even dangerous to nation security.
- The IRS is now a government intimidation tool/agency.
- Our diplomats are murdered and the administration, as well as the future president wanna-be (Hillary), are covering up what happened. Why?
- The Navy budgeted $39 million for the Blue Angels in 2012. Since the sequester there isnít any money for such nonsense and all their shows have been canceled. Yet President Obama spent $100,000,000 on a 10 day vacation to Africa. WTF? Great demo of ďlead by exampleĒ Mr. O.
- Mrs. Lerner takes the 5th and remains on the payroll. I hope Iím not alone in my suspicions that she is up to no good.
- The Obama administration makes executive decisions that they know are not legal. Some will be challenged in court but they know it takes years to work through the legal processes and that many of these decisions will therefore go unchallenged. Anyone feel comfortable with this method of operation?
- Food stamps and welfare are supposed to be assistance for people that need them, not a bargaining chip to be used in the course of an election.
And the abusive treatment goes on and on. I donít think itís me anymore guyís, I think the marriage is in trouble and weíre making excuses for an abusive partner.
Or maybe Iím just being paranoid and succumbing to the voices in my head.