Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Elizabeth Warren: Minimum Wage Would Be $22 An Hour If It Had Kept Up With Productivi at the General Forum; Originally Posted by cnredd Earlier I pointed out that the article doesn't mention the ACTUAL study... In other words, where ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 03:04 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,552
Thanks: 56,759
Thanked 26,733 Times in 19,192 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren: Minimum Wage Would Be $22 An Hour If It Had Kept Up With Produc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Earlier I pointed out that the article doesn't mention the ACTUAL study...

In other words, where did Warren get her numbers?...

Here...And it's as bogus as the day is long...

Elizabeth Warren cherry-picked $22 per hour minimum wage number
I think minimum wage should go up an down with the economy. I don't know how they would tie that in maybe cola
But restaurants wouldn't be affected as they pay around $2 an hour anyway.
Also want to make the point workers do perform at least 3 jobs today compared to the one they were required to do in the pat. And it's one thing to promote a guy who voluntarily does more than his share, but to require all workers take on several jobs and have to complete them all within an 8 hour no-room-for-OT shift , just so the company can be more and more productive is not imho a good way to run a free society.
__________________
I like candy corn.
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 06:26 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,613 Times in 11,939 Posts
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren: Minimum Wage Would Be $22 An Hour If It Had Kept Up With Produc

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I think minimum wage should go up an down with the economy. I don't know how they would tie that in maybe cola
But restaurants wouldn't be affected as they pay around $2 an hour anyway.
Also want to make the point workers do perform at least 3 jobs today compared to the one they were required to do in the pat. And it's one thing to promote a guy who voluntarily does more than his share, but to require all workers take on several jobs and have to complete them all within an 8 hour no-room-for-OT shift , just so the company can be more and more productive is not imho a good way to run a free society.
salty, you do know that in a free society you are free to change jobs if you don't like it, RIGHT?
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrLiberty For This Useful Post:
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 06:30 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,552
Thanks: 56,759
Thanked 26,733 Times in 19,192 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren: Minimum Wage Would Be $22 An Hour If It Had Kept Up With Produc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
salty, you do know that in a free society you are free to change jobs if you don't like it, RIGHT?
not in a down economy, which if wages (and or bonuses) had kept up with the productivity, I don't believe would have hit us this hard. I am not advocating 22 $/hr, just 6 or 7 is ridiculous.
__________________
I like candy corn.
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 06:58 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 19,751
Thanks: 13,323
Thanked 14,556 Times in 8,396 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren: Minimum Wage Would Be $22 An Hour If It Had Kept Up With Produc

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I think minimum wage should go up an down with the economy. I don't know how they would tie that in maybe cola
But restaurants wouldn't be affected as they pay around $2 an hour anyway.
Also want to make the point workers do perform at least 3 jobs today compared to the one they were required to do in the pat. And it's one thing to promote a guy who voluntarily does more than his share, but to require all workers take on several jobs and have to complete them all within an 8 hour no-room-for-OT shift , just so the company can be more and more productive is not imho a good way to run a free society.
Yes indeed, a "free" society is one where the central government planners dictate wages in the name of fairness. Never mind that putting boobs like tenured professor Elizabeth Warren with no business experience in charge results in a failed economy like Spain's with a 25% unemployment rate and replaces pleasing the customer with pleasing the regulator, grinding out products according to the regulator's agenda instead of the customer, this time it will be different. Federal wage controls as a necessary component of freedom is classic Doublespeak where "freedom is slavery" .
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:09 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,552
Thanks: 56,759
Thanked 26,733 Times in 19,192 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren: Minimum Wage Would Be $22 An Hour If It Had Kept Up With Produc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Yes indeed, a "free" society is one where the central government planners dictate wages in the name of fairness. Never mind that putting boobs like tenured professor Elizabeth Warren with no business experience in charge results in a failed economy like Spain's with a 25% unemployment rate and replaces pleasing the customer with pleasing the regulator, grinding out products according to the regulator's agenda instead of the customer, this time it will be different. Federal wage controls as a necessary component of freedom is classic Doublespeak where "freedom is slavery" .
If employers have no barriers to making virtual slaves and captive consumers out of us there must be something to counteract that, yes.
Absent a higher morality laws are all we have.
__________________
I like candy corn.
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 19,751
Thanks: 13,323
Thanked 14,556 Times in 8,396 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren: Minimum Wage Would Be $22 An Hour If It Had Kept Up With Produc

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
If employers have no barriers to making virtual slaves and captive consumers out of us there must be something to counteract that, yes.
Absent a higher morality laws are all we have.
The free market prevents these abuses through competition for workers and consumers whereas wage regulation by the central government imposes them by corrupting the market dynamic to the whim of bureaucrats.
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:47 AM
rivrrat's Avatar
Queen of Awesomeness
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,833
Thanks: 3,272
Thanked 10,473 Times in 6,022 Posts
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren: Minimum Wage Would Be $22 An Hour If It Had Kept Up With Produc

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
If employers have no barriers to making virtual slaves and captive consumers out of us there must be something to counteract that, yes.
Absent a higher morality laws are all we have.
Employers are legally obligated to ONLY pay minimum wage. Yet 95% of the workforce makes over that. One would think that if they were as slave-minded as you seem to think they are, they would only pay everyone minimum wage. Odd, isn't it, that they don't? Of their own free will, they don't pay minimum wage. That kinda goes against your own slave bull****, doesn't it?
__________________


Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.

Gypsy Soul Memories
Scuba Diver Life
My YouTube Channel
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rivrrat For This Useful Post:
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren: Minimum Wage Would Be $22 An Hour If It Had Kept Up With Produc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
salty, you do know that in a free society you are free to change jobs if you don't like it, RIGHT?
You know zip. The woman I am talking about puts in applications for other jobs all the time and hasn't found one, Just like cnredd. Her hours are changed all the time, she does work outside of her job discription and she gets good work reports from her boss and still this company gives her a $.20 raise after a year of good hard work.

So take the "You are free to find another job" out of your equation and tell me you think this company making million in profit and paying their salaried executives millions in compinsation with raises of +198% are doing the right thing by their employees.
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren: Minimum Wage Would Be $22 An Hour If It Had Kept Up With Produc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
Employers are legally obligated to ONLY pay minimum wage. Yet 95% of the workforce makes over that. One would think that if they were as slave-minded as you seem to think they are, they would only pay everyone minimum wage. Odd, isn't it, that they don't? Of their own free will, they don't pay minimum wage. That kinda goes against your own slave bull****, doesn't it?
My friend is in the 95%. So what? She makes $.20 more an hour than a minimum wage earner. Point is that this employer, Jo-Anns is a greedy mofo and you should think so and say so too. Nobody questions their right to be *******S.
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:27 AM
rivrrat's Avatar
Queen of Awesomeness
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,833
Thanks: 3,272
Thanked 10,473 Times in 6,022 Posts
Default Re: Elizabeth Warren: Minimum Wage Would Be $22 An Hour If It Had Kept Up With Produc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
My friend is in the 95%. So what? She makes $.20 more an hour than a minimum wage earner. Point is that this employer, Jo-Anns is a greedy mofo and you should think so and say so too. Nobody questions their right to be *******S.
No one should question their right to be ****ers. We all have that right and always should have that right. No one forced your friend to work there. No one forces her to continue working there. Greed is good. Greed is why we all work. Greed is why we invent and innovate.
__________________


Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.

Gypsy Soul Memories
Scuba Diver Life
My YouTube Channel
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
$22, elizabeth, had, hour, kept, minimum, productivi, wage, warren, with, would

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0