Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Spike Lee retweets George Zimmermanís address at the General Forum; Originally Posted by cnredd RE tweets... Notice " RE " in " RE tweets"?... The OP points out that Lee ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2012, 06:13 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,833
Thanks: 56,811
Thanked 26,743 Times in 19,202 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Spike Lee retweets George Zimmermanís address

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
REtweets...

Notice "RE" in "REtweets"?...

The OP points out that Lee wasn't the originator of the tweets...But points out how he passed the information along to all of HIS 245,000+ followers...
No. The names of the tweeters are in bold. @someonesname means they are replying to that person.
Read it again from the bottom up (yours or mine or both). Spike Lee's Tweets aren't even in your post. Those are people talking to him.
When he tweets he asks for some sanity.
The article got it wrong.
...I have a feeling this story is going to continue to have people jumping the gun (pardon pun ) on stuff till it's a big ol mess.
__________________
But because it's possible to get reinfected and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. In addition, COVID-19 vaccination might offer better protection than getting sick with COVID-19.Nov 5, 2021
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2012, 06:17 PM
1069's Avatar
Bookworm.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,073
Thanks: 4,721
Thanked 4,834 Times in 2,602 Posts
Default Re: Spike Lee retweets George Zimmermanís address

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintJulep View Post
The savages are ready to cut and scrape. The media has spun its tale and the righteous rager lynchmob won't sleep until they have a head on a stick.

****ing animals.
And comments like this make me angry enough to want to join them.

Whites making incendiary taunts about "savages" and "animals"- labels historically affixed to blacks by whites who denied their personhood- and then mincing away like cowards, claiming, "Oooh, I wasn't talking about all blacks. Just the mean old angry ones who want to threaten poor wittle George Zimmerman."

You pathetic coward.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1069 For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2012, 06:21 PM
off the porch's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Left of Center
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,728
Thanks: 6,821
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,768 Posts
Default Re: Spike Lee retweets George Zimmermanís address

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintJulep View Post
The savages are ready to cut and scrape. The media has spun its tale and the righteous rager lynchmob won't sleep until they have a head on a stick.

****ing animals.
Savages...lynchmob....animals. Wow!
__________________
i know i can be colorful
i know i can be grey
i know this loser's living fortunate
cause i know you will love me either way



"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace." ~Siddhartha Gautama (The Buddha)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to off the porch For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2012, 06:21 PM
1069's Avatar
Bookworm.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,073
Thanks: 4,721
Thanked 4,834 Times in 2,602 Posts
Default Re: Spike Lee retweets George Zimmermanís address

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
No. The names of the tweeters are in bold. @someonesname means they are replying to that person.
Read it again from the bottom up (yours or mine or both). Spike Lee's Tweets aren't even in your post. Those are people talking to him.
When he tweets he asks for some sanity.
The article got it wrong.
...I have a feeling this story is going to continue to have people jumping the gun (pardon pun ) on stuff till it's a big ol mess.
Spike Lee is a damn multi-millionaire, who is about a bazillion times smarter than anybody on this forum.
He did not get where he is today by publishing criminally prosecutable statements, although clearly white people have been pissing him off royally since at least the early 1980s, to judge by his movies. White people treating black people unfairly and even murdering them is hardly a new concept to Spike Lee. Have you seen "Do The Right Thing"?
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2012, 06:22 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,810
Thanks: 2,396
Thanked 38,444 Times in 21,525 Posts
Default Re: Spike Lee retweets George Zimmermanís address

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
No. The names of the tweeters are in bold. @someonesname means they are replying to that person.
Read it again from the bottom up (yours or mine or both). Spike Lee's Tweets aren't even in your post. Those are people talking to him.
When he tweets he asks for some sanity.
The article got it wrong.
...I have a feeling this story is going to continue to have people jumping the gun (pardon pun ) on stuff till it's a big ol mess.
He doesn't ask for sanity...he points out that Zimmerman';s NEIGHBORS are going to be pissed at Zimmerman because of the people that might end up at his house...He WANTS that...

And "yes" the names of the tweeters are in bold, but look at what I've circled in red...



See that?...Someone named "Myron" tweeted Zimmerman's address to Spike Lee and then Spike Lee RETWEETED it to all of his quarter of a million followers...

Now, instead of a few people having Zimmerman's address, Lee helped send it out to hundreds of thousands of people...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2012, 06:32 PM
off the porch's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Left of Center
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,728
Thanks: 6,821
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,768 Posts
Default Re: Spike Lee retweets George Zimmermanís address

I don't tweet so I don't know who tweeted what, but whomever gave his address was wrong in doing so.
__________________
i know i can be colorful
i know i can be grey
i know this loser's living fortunate
cause i know you will love me either way



"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace." ~Siddhartha Gautama (The Buddha)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to off the porch For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2012, 06:32 PM
MintJulep's Avatar
Provocateur
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: A nation in distress
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,818
Thanks: 1,483
Thanked 1,174 Times in 769 Posts
Default Re: Spike Lee retweets George Zimmermanís address

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
And comments like this make me angry enough to want to join them.

Whites making incendiary taunts about "savages" and "animals"- labels historically affixed to blacks by whites who denied their personhood- and then mincing away like cowards, claiming, "Oooh, I wasn't talking about all blacks. Just the mean old angry ones who want to threaten poor wittle George Zimmerman."

You pathetic coward.
Cry me a river. I've had a gutful of this, it's how I feel and I'm unapologetic. Like it or lump it.
__________________
"Barack Obama Is A Radical, We Should Not Be Afraid To Say That". Andrew Breitbart
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2012, 06:40 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,833
Thanks: 56,811
Thanked 26,743 Times in 19,202 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Spike Lee retweets George Zimmermanís address

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
Spike Lee is a damn multi-millionaire, who is about a bazillion times smarter than anybody on this forum.
He did not get where he is today by publishing criminally prosecutable statements, although clearly white people have been pissing him off royally since at least the early 1980s, to judge by his movies. White people treating black people unfairly and even murdering them is hardly a new concept to Spike Lee. Have you seen "Do The Right Thing"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
He doesn't ask for sanity...he points out that Zimmerman';s NEIGHBORS are going to be pissed at Zimmerman because of the people that might end up at his house...He WANTS that...

And "yes" the names of the tweeters are in bold, but look at what I've circled in red...



See that?...Someone named "Myron" tweeted Zimmerman's address to Spike Lee and then Spike Lee RETWEETED it to all of his quarter of a million followers...

Now, instead of a few people having Zimmerman's address, Lee helped send it out to hundreds of thousands of people...
here's his tweets. It was around 4-5 hrs ago now

https://twitter.com/#!/SpikeLee
__________________
But because it's possible to get reinfected and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. In addition, COVID-19 vaccination might offer better protection than getting sick with COVID-19.Nov 5, 2021
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2012, 07:00 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,810
Thanks: 2,396
Thanked 38,444 Times in 21,525 Posts
Default Re: Spike Lee retweets George Zimmermanís address

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
here's his tweets. It was around 4-5 hrs ago now

https://twitter.com/#!/SpikeLee
Spin it and defend disgusting actions anyway you like, salty, but it doesn't change reality...

Someone sent Spike Lee Zimmerman's address and Spike Lee retweeted it to his 245,000+ followers...

There's no way around it, and it's hurting your credibility to sideline it...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2012, 07:11 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,833
Thanks: 56,811
Thanked 26,743 Times in 19,202 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Spike Lee retweets George Zimmermanís address

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Spin it and defend disgusting actions anyway you like, salty, but it doesn't change reality...

Someone sent Spike Lee Zimmerman's address and Spike Lee retweeted it to his 245,000+ followers...

There's no way around it, and it's hurting your credibility to sideline it...
I find it insulting you'd say that in light of the fact I haven't even come down on one side or the other.
Benefit of the doubt given. It says 'retweeted by Spike Lee'. I don't see his retweet and I started following him, but you win.
__________________
But because it's possible to get reinfected and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. In addition, COVID-19 vaccination might offer better protection than getting sick with COVID-19.Nov 5, 2021
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
address, after, claims, couple, elderly, forced, george, home, killer, lee, lives, martin, out, retweets, spike, trayvon, tweet, zimmermanís

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0