Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out" at the General Forum; “Our mission is to recruit like-minded Americans to the Tea Party movement in order to advance the principles of limited ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2011, 10:26 PM
bfd's Avatar
bfd bfd is offline
Looking for a fief
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: in life
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,570
Thanks: 1,031
Thanked 424 Times in 319 Posts
Default Re: Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"

“Our mission is to recruit like-minded Americans to the Tea Party movement in order to advance the principles of limited government, fiscal restraint, and individual liberty at all levels of government through promotion and education.

The Tea Party movement is a grassroots movement of millions of like-minded Americans from all backgrounds and political parties. Tea Party members share similar core principles supporting the United States Constitution as the Founders intended, such as:

• Limited federal government

• Individual freedoms

• Personal responsibility

• Free markets

• Returning political power to the states and the people.”
.................................................. .................................................. ........

Pretty Scary Crew Indeed.
__________________
"No race can prosper till it learns that there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem."
-Booker T Washington

"“A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves...and include all men capable of bearing arms.”-- Richard Henry Lee
Reply With Quote
  #152 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2011, 10:35 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,346
Thanks: 2,461
Thanked 39,538 Times in 21,967 Posts
Default Re: Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfd View Post
“Our mission is to recruit like-minded Americans to the Tea Party movement in order to advance the principles of limited government, fiscal restraint, and individual liberty at all levels of government through promotion and education.

The Tea Party movement is a grassroots movement of millions of like-minded Americans from all backgrounds and political parties. Tea Party members share similar core principles supporting the United States Constitution as the Founders intended, such as:

• Limited federal government

• Individual freedoms

• Personal responsibility

• Free markets

• Returning political power to the states and the people.”
.................................................. .................................................. ........

Pretty Scary Crew Indeed.
I'm dead serious when I say this...

This stuff BECOMES scary when it gets re-interpreted by the Liberal mindset...

When they hear the Tea Party say "Limited federal government", they recalculate its meaning to be "No programs so battered and women end up on the street!!!!"...

When they hear the Tea Party say "Free markets", they recalculate its meaning to be "They want no one to inspect the meat and we'll all die of food poisoning!!!!"...

When they hear the Tea Party say "Individual freedoms", they recalculate its meaning to be "Holy rollers want to ban all sex and everyone on TV has to wear 14 full-length robes!!!!"...

I'm generalizing here, but Liberals always push to regulate everything, but the second they hear the word "deregulate" from the Right, instead of understanding it's real-life application (rescind some of them), they go to the technical-application and think the Right wants to rescind ALL of them as if the Right advocates complete chaos...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #153 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 12:12 AM
off the porch's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Left of Center
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,728
Thanks: 6,821
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,768 Posts
Default Re: Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
It would be a fair question if you were to end it after the word, "left," as follows: "Forgive me, but I can't tell if those on the right here (and elsewhere) are offended by what was said, or the perceived hypocrisy on the left."
I'll ask you again, why? The part of the sentence that you leave off just describes the hypocrisy from the left.
__________________
i know i can be colorful
i know i can be grey
i know this loser's living fortunate
cause i know you will love me either way



"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace." ~Siddhartha Gautama (The Buddha)
Reply With Quote
  #154 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 12:22 AM
off the porch's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Left of Center
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,728
Thanks: 6,821
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,768 Posts
Default Re: Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Coburn's spokesperson's response to questions about the remark.



Hoffa refuses to retract or even "clarify" his calls for violence by the Obama army. Obama's press flack claims the President didn't know what was said and refuses to explain why the President, so fond of calling for bi-partisan compromise, hasn't taken the opportunity for a Sister Souljah moment.



The UPS driver, Rod Carter settled out of court with the Teamsters, details were not disclosed. Here is a bit of background on the case.



UPS | National Legal and Policy Center

If the threatening calls from the local president's home and the union's willingness to pay off Mr. Carter don't indicate they sanctioned the stabbing, what does? Clearly they followed mobster Meyer Lansky's adage of pay to make it go away. It shouldn't be a surprise when the Teamster's gang of thugs follows Mafia advice. What is disturbing is when the POTUS doesn't object to violent rhetoric from the head of the corrupt Teamsters union.
Hoffa clarified his remarks in the sentence just before the offensive part...he said "we have the vote" clearly meaning to say vote the sons of bitches out.

And a phone call from a local president and a monetary settlement absolutely does not constitute a union endorsement. Lots of suits are settled with monetary settlements all over the country...it's common practice.

Regarding Coburn's comment - stating one's desires to bring a gun to work...yup - I see the humor in that!! I'm sure Gabby Giffords was laughing out loud!!
__________________
i know i can be colorful
i know i can be grey
i know this loser's living fortunate
cause i know you will love me either way



"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace." ~Siddhartha Gautama (The Buddha)
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to off the porch For This Useful Post:
  #155 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 12:36 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,957
Thanks: 15,996
Thanked 5,586 Times in 3,572 Posts
Default Re: Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by off the porch View Post
I'll ask you again, why? The part of the sentence that you leave off just describes the hypocrisy from the left.
No.

Actually, the part of the sentence that I would have rescinded, as I found it gratuitous ("for not liking what violent language has been previously used by repubs and then using violent language themselves"), claims hypocrisy on the part of the right.

It is a transparent attempt to attenuate James Hoffa's guilt (and, by extension, the guilt of those on the left who have remained mute about this matter), by sharing the blame with the right...
Reply With Quote
  #156 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 700
Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default Re: Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
No.

Actually, the part of the sentence that I would have rescinded, as I found it gratuitous ("for not liking what violent language has been previously used by repubs and then using violent language themselves"), claims hypocrisy on the part of the right.

It is a transparent attempt to attenuate James Hoffa's guilt (and, by extension, the guilt of those on the left who have remained mute about this matter), by sharing the blame with the right...
I didn't remain mute and I know there's no reason to share blame, because the right are far worse.
Reply With Quote
  #157 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,938 Posts
Default Re: Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
I'm dead serious when I say this...

This stuff BECOMES scary when it gets re-interpreted by the Liberal mindset...

When they hear the Tea Party say "Limited federal government", they recalculate its meaning to be "No programs so battered and women end up on the street!!!!"...

When they hear the Tea Party say "Free markets", they recalculate its meaning to be "They want no one to inspect the meat and we'll all die of food poisoning!!!!"...

When they hear the Tea Party say "Individual freedoms", they recalculate its meaning to be "Holy rollers want to ban all sex and everyone on TV has to wear 14 full-length robes!!!!"...

I'm generalizing here, but Liberals always push to regulate everything, but the second they hear the word "deregulate" from the Right, instead of understanding it's real-life application (rescind some of them), they go to the technical-application and think the Right wants to rescind ALL of them as if the Right advocates complete chaos...
As does the right. Both sides exagerate everything that comes from the opposition. What is new?
Ya know the right screams for reduced regulations. Obama has been working on this and talked about it in his speech yesterday. Do you remember what he said about it? Does it matter?

You claim the left hears things in their own way as if that is exclusive of the left. All this talk about regulation strangling business but nobody can really identify all these regulations. Now all the right is repeating this mantra about regulations. I would bet a hundred dollars that if I went out on the street and asked 10 republicans what was the three top regulations that have been stiffling business they wouldn't have a clue.

I am for limited federal government and personal freedoms. Those are not republican exclusively. When someone says "deregulate" what have they really said and who decides? I agree there is too much regulation in some areas and not enough in others. Who makes those decisions. There isn't a filter that filters good regs from bad. There are the same morons who made the regulations in the first place doing the deregulation.


Now back to Hoffa. I know what he meant and like all of these type things I say

GROW UP
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mikeyy For This Useful Post:
  #158 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 08:42 PM
off the porch's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Left of Center
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,728
Thanks: 6,821
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,768 Posts
Default Re: Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
No.

Actually, the part of the sentence that I would have rescinded, as I found it gratuitous ("for not liking what violent language has been previously used by repubs and then using violent language themselves"), claims hypocrisy on the part of the right.

It is a transparent attempt to attenuate James Hoffa's guilt (and, by extension, the guilt of those on the left who have remained mute about this matter), by sharing the blame with the right...
"....hypocrisy from the left for not liking what violent language has been previously used by repubs and then using violent language themselves (themselves being the LEFT)." is a critical look at the hypocrisy from the LEFT, not the right.
*clarification in bold added for this post - not in the original post)

You merely read it wrong then accused me of an unfair question...no attenuatage happening here, friend.
__________________
i know i can be colorful
i know i can be grey
i know this loser's living fortunate
cause i know you will love me either way



"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace." ~Siddhartha Gautama (The Buddha)
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to off the porch For This Useful Post:
  #159 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Coyote's Avatar
Vole deMorte (the snack)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 14,492
Thanks: 11,549
Thanked 8,279 Times in 5,306 Posts
Default Re: Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
As does the right. Both sides exagerate everything that comes from the opposition. What is new?
Ya know the right screams for reduced regulations. Obama has been working on this and talked about it in his speech yesterday. Do you remember what he said about it? Does it matter?

You claim the left hears things in their own way as if that is exclusive of the left. All this talk about regulation strangling business but nobody can really identify all these regulations. Now all the right is repeating this mantra about regulations. I would bet a hundred dollars that if I went out on the street and asked 10 republicans what was the three top regulations that have been stiffling business they wouldn't have a clue.

I am for limited federal government and personal freedoms. Those are not republican exclusively. When someone says "deregulate" what have they really said and who decides? I agree there is too much regulation in some areas and not enough in others. Who makes those decisions. There isn't a filter that filters good regs from bad. There are the same morons who made the regulations in the first place doing the deregulation.


Now back to Hoffa. I know what he meant and like all of these type things I say

GROW UP
I think it's exactly that, a mantra from the right when it comes to regulations.

Quote:
...in a survey last month of 250 economists by the National Association for Business Economics, 4 out of 5 agreed that the current regulatory environment for American businesses was, in fact, good. In a July survey done by the Wall Street Journal in July, two-thirds of economists said the lack of jobs is due mainly to a lack of sales.

Paul Ashworth, the chief U.S. economist for Capital Economics in Toronto, was one of those surveyed.

"The weakness of the recovery, not just in consumption but across the whole economy — across whole areas of spending — is a big problem," he says. "And that's probably the key reason why firms are reluctant to be more aggressive in hiring workers."

Ashworth, who's considered one of the best forecasters of the U.S. economy, says he doubts rolling back regulations would lead to any dramatic turnaround in hiring. But that does not mean House Republicans won't try.
The Republicans are trying to disguise every pet peeve and ideological wetdream into something that either creates jobs or destroys jobs.
__________________

DISCLAIMER: Extreme amounts of sarcasm can possibly result in inflammatory situations. Not responsible for keyboard violence, spittle on the monitor, irrational responses mistaken for momentary brilliance, one-sided rages against hypocrisy or individual members or unintended consequences such as poor personal hygiene and bad spelling. Please fasten your seatbelts and put your trays in an upright position.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coyote For This Useful Post:
  #160 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2011, 06:40 PM
sunwestdog's Avatar
Ridin' the short bus
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,715
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,352 Times in 914 Posts
Default Re: Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
I think it's exactly that, a mantra from the right when it comes to regulations.



The Republicans are trying to disguise every pet peeve and ideological wetdream into something that either creates jobs or destroys jobs.
You have nailed down the problem (as I see it) of way too many conservatives and their thinking. And you've done it within two words. "Either" and "Or". If life were only so simple.
__________________
As I grow older, I grow wiser. The wiser I become, the more I understand how little I know. sunwestdog
Life isn't fair. But people should be. sunwestdog
I reject your reality and substitute my own. Adam Savage
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sunwestdog For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
civility, event, gop, hoffa, james, just farted, new, obama, threatens

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0