Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss 3 charts to prove the right wing spending lie! at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Billo_Really I'm sure I have, but the "usually" label, is an inaccurate assessment. Just an assessment that ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,528
Thanks: 1,084
Thanked 3,821 Times in 2,587 Posts
Default Re: 3 charts to prove the right wing spending lie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
I'm sure I have, but the "usually" label, is an inaccurate assessment.
Just an assessment that you disagree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
You have a real phobia about that.
Nope, just weary of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
You're never going to solve that problem until you look inward and see what are the things you are doing to contribute to that situation. Others have to own up to their reactions to your posts, but you need to take ownership of the things you say as well.

When you speak innuendo's, deliberately use words and terms that have double-meanings, then refuse to explain your point, as you did with SWD the other day, you're pretty much setting your self up for those kind of reactions. And don't give me this "deer in the headlights" look when I say something like that, because you know exactly what I'm talking about.

When you bait the hook, don't act surprised when the fish bite.
I say what I mean and mean what I say. Misinterpretation by others is not my fault. Perhaps the answer lies in them not trying to interpret what is written clearly to begin with. For example, see the part of this exchange where you claimed I was lying because you chose to interpret (incorrectly) what was actually written as opposed to accepting the literal meaning that was stated clearly and honestly.
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Longshot's Avatar
Resist. Now.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 583
Thanks: 266
Thanked 227 Times in 155 Posts
Default Re: 3 charts to prove the right wing spending lie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Money and power will almost always afford special privilege and extra consideration.....given similar situations.

What's "equal" about that?

I dare you to argue it doesn't.
I oppose special treatment under the law for those with money. The law should apply equally to the richest and the poorest alike.

The power of government should not be used to confer special privileges to those favored by the government, and the law should not promote, or even recognize, class distinctions.
__________________


When you think of it, it doesn't take a lot of brains to be a socialist. All it requires is the desire to have something that doesn't belong to you and the absence of character to justify the use of force to get it on your behalf. -- Lawrence W. Reed
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Longshot For This Useful Post:
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 700
Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default Re: 3 charts to prove the right wing spending lie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post
I say what I mean and mean what I say.
I didn't say you didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post
Misinterpretation by others is not my fault.
I didn't say it was.

I said you need to look at your "role" in creating the situation that was mis-interpreted. Because you did play a role in it. You contributed what was mis-interpreted. That's not debatable. But just as someone (including myself) has to own up to their reactions of your posts, you must own up to deliberately saying things that are not clear, although you claim they are. And you know that "claim" is a lie. How do I know you know? Because you said so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post
I say what I mean and mean what I say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post
Perhaps the answer lies in them not trying to interpret what is written clearly to begin with.
This is where you're wrong. Because many things you say are not clear. If it was, there would be little chance of "mis-interpretation". No reason to interpret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post
For example, see the part of this exchange where you claimed I was lying because you chose to interpret (incorrectly) what was actually written as opposed to accepting the literal meaning that was stated clearly and honestly.
Now you're doing the same thing you accuse others of doing, mis-interpreting my post. And no, your post was not clear not honest.
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2011, 11:13 AM
sunwestdog's Avatar
Ridin' the short bus
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,715
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,352 Times in 914 Posts
Default Re: 3 charts to prove the right wing spending lie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
The Administration took a 60% share in GM and dictated Chrysler's restructuring, passing out thick slices of equity to the UAW and Fiat with no investment, while taking a 25% equity position. The Administration decided to fire GM's GM and replace him with their hand-picked successor and the taxpayer assumed the lion's share of their unfunded pension obligations. In addition the Dear Leader's Administration provided billions in "loans" to these companies. If that is not nationalization, pray tell what is.

Currently the Federal government still owns around 30% of GM, having sold the remainder of its Chrysler stock at a $1.3 billion loss to the taxpayer. But don't worry, it was bought by a foreign manufacturer, Fiat. If you want other examples of outright nationalization try Frannie and Freddy, they have only cost the taxpayers $150 billion or so with more to come. But wait there is more, Obamacare sets regulations on health insurance company underwriting, payout to premium ratio and allows regulators to decide which companies will be allowed to participate in the exchanges thus receiving subsidies. Of course financial institutions are also subject to virtual nationalization thanks to Dodd/Frank, get out of line and the Federal government is now empowered to seize the offending bank with no recourse.
If the intent was nationalization, the gov would still own 60% or more of GM. GM was going under. The gov. says, we'll help you survive, but there will be some stipulations you will need to follow in order for us to do this.

GM was saved and able to turn things around. They then bought back controlling shares and once again are in charge of their own destiny. The gov. buying a controlling share was only done for GM, not the auto industry and was only done for a few months to help GM get back on their feet. This was a temporary short term necessity to keep a crumbling economy from crumbling even further. This is a far cry from nationalization.

Your assessment of healthcare and Dodd/Frank are also misguided. You have a tendency to take a law or regulation, then assume Obama and his minions are evil and will use those laws in a nefarious manner outside of their intended scope.
__________________
As I grow older, I grow wiser. The wiser I become, the more I understand how little I know. sunwestdog
Life isn't fair. But people should be. sunwestdog
I reject your reality and substitute my own. Adam Savage
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunwestdog For This Useful Post:
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2011, 12:00 PM
bfd's Avatar
bfd bfd is offline
Looking for a fief
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: in life
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,570
Thanks: 1,031
Thanked 424 Times in 319 Posts
Default Re: 3 charts to prove the right wing spending lie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwestdog View Post
If the intent was nationalization, the gov would still own 60% or more of GM. GM was going under. The gov. says, we'll help you survive, but there will be some stipulations you will need to follow in order for us to do this.

GM was saved and able to turn things around. They then bought back controlling shares and once again are in charge of their own destiny. The gov. buying a controlling share was only done for GM, not the auto industry and was only done for a few months to help GM get back on their feet. This was a temporary short term necessity to keep a crumbling economy from crumbling even further. This is a far cry from nationalization.

Your assessment of healthcare and Dodd/Frank are also misguided. You have a tendency to take a law or regulation, then assume Obama and his minions are evil and will use those laws in a nefarious manner outside of their intended scope.
ummmm......no
http://www.economicpopulist.org/cont...urcing-us-jobs
__________________
"No race can prosper till it learns that there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem."
-Booker T Washington

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves...and include all men capable of bearing arms.-- Richard Henry Lee
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2011, 11:40 PM
sunwestdog's Avatar
Ridin' the short bus
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,715
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,352 Times in 914 Posts
Default Re: 3 charts to prove the right wing spending lie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfd View Post
What does this opinion piece have to do with nationalization of the auto industry?
__________________
As I grow older, I grow wiser. The wiser I become, the more I understand how little I know. sunwestdog
Life isn't fair. But people should be. sunwestdog
I reject your reality and substitute my own. Adam Savage
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
charts, lie, prove, right, spending, the, wing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/open-discussion/21805-3-charts-prove-right-wing-spending-lie.html
Posted By For Type Date
The Progressive Influence: Obama: What Has He Done For The Nation? Lies Vs.Accomplishmentas This thread Refback 05-25-2013 06:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0