Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss How the Bubble Destroyed the Middle Class at the General Forum; Originally Posted by 762nato Unions are 1/3 of a three pronged trident that has driven manufacturing away from th US. ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,938 Posts
Default Re: How the Bubble Destroyed the Middle Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762nato View Post
Unions are 1/3 of a three pronged trident that has driven manufacturing away from th US. The other two prongs are taxes and over regulation.
Oh it couldn't possibly be companies just wanting larger profits moving to cheaper labor markets. You would have Americans working for Vhinese pay just to help out your greedy friends. Have you noticed their profits and stock prices are up yet you think they can't afford American workers. Our entire history is chalked full of excesses by industry yet you always tow the party line that poor business has no choice but make larger profits by going off shore. You and your company friends are destroying the middle class.
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 700
Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default Re: How the Bubble Destroyed the Middle Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Oh it couldn't possibly be companies just wanting larger profits moving to cheaper labor markets. You would have Americans working for Vhinese pay just to help out your greedy friends. Have you noticed their profits and stock prices are up yet you think they can't afford American workers. Our entire history is chalked full of excesses by industry yet you always tow the party line that poor business has no choice but make larger profits by going off shore. You and your company friends are destroying the middle class.
Mikeyy,

You're wrong about nato-man! The people destroying the middle class are not his friends. They feel the same way about him, as they do about us. That's what makes comments like his so hysterical. He's in the same boat we are in! The only difference between him and us, is that he's defending the guys sinking the boat.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2011, 05:50 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,641
Thanks: 12,310
Thanked 10,190 Times in 6,170 Posts
Default Re: How the Bubble Destroyed the Middle Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
Mikeyy,

You're wrong about nato-man! The people destroying the middle class are not his friends. They feel the same way about him, as they do about us. That's what makes comments like his so hysterical. He's in the same boat we are in! The only difference between him and us, is that he's defending the guys sinking the boat.
Question for you, Billo darlin' -

Who is sinking the boat, the guy holding the bow steady, or the one punching the hole in the bottom of the boat?
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 700
Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default Re: How the Bubble Destroyed the Middle Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Question for you, Billo darlin' -

Who is sinking the boat, the guy holding the bow steady, or the one punching the hole in the bottom of the boat?
Why, it's the one punchin' the holes in the bottom, my love.

Speakin' of punchin' some holes...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bubble, class, destroyed, how, middle, the

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0