Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Reverend Wrong - Pulpit of Hate 2011 at the General Forum; Originally Posted by foundit66 I am not defending Rev Wright. From the evidence presented (including the right's lack of capability ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 10:56 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,613 Times in 11,939 Posts
Default Re: Reverend Wrong - Pulpit of Hate 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I am not defending Rev Wright.
From the evidence presented (including the right's lack of capability to find it in the years they keep insisting it exists), it's obvious the man has changed for the worse...

You don't want to admit the lack of evidence.
It doesn't suit the ODS.
I get that.
you get nothing, you are willfully blind to the obvious. you want to believe that obama and his association with any number of leftist hate mongers is but rumors put out there by racists. hey deal with it.
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrLiberty For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 11:10 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,316 Times in 9,287 Posts
Default Re: Reverend Wrong - Pulpit of Hate 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
you get nothing, you are willfully blind to the obvious.
THEN PROVE IT.
Show me something from the time in question that you want to indict Obama on.

Or at least be honest enough to admit you can't but you believe Wright was preaching hate during that time despite the lack of any evidence...


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty
you want to believe that obama and his association with any number of leftist hate mongers is but rumors put out there by racists. hey deal with it.
Whether Obama was associated with Rev Wright is NOT in dispute.
What Rev Wright said during that time IS in question.

I get that a simple request for proof frustrates you.
But at least be honest enough to admit you don't have any instead of trying to denigrate the request for proof...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 20,367
Thanks: 14,103
Thanked 15,430 Times in 8,834 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Reverend Wrong - Pulpit of Hate 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
THEN PROVE IT.
Show me something from the time in question that you want to indict Obama on.

Or at least be honest enough to admit you can't but you believe Wright was preaching hate during that time despite the lack of any evidence...

Whether Obama was associated with Rev Wright is NOT in dispute.
What Rev Wright said during that time IS in question.

I get that a simple request for proof frustrates you.
But at least be honest enough to admit you don't have any instead of trying to denigrate the request for proof...
Oh please, Rev Wright is a long time proponent of Black Liberation theology, a Marxist reinterpretation of the Gospel where there are 2 groups, the oppressor (white) and victim (black). Wright frequently refers to James Cone, the godfather of Black Liberation theology as providing the bedrock of his ministry.

It's absurd to claim that somehow Wright didn't preach or discuss his bedrock theology with Obama during the 22 year close association between the 2 including performing their marriage and baptizing both children. Wright was a major player on the Chicago community organizing scene when Obama was working the grievance circuit there. The only alternative explanation, he didn't know, reduces Obama to a complete dunce.

We can see Black Liberation theology's tenants of group salvation and that whitey's only hope for salvation is to give back what he stole reflected in Obama's overarching goal of transforming the US via the redistribution of wealth. We can only "progress" to a more perfect union, in Wright's terms salvation, when as a group wealthy white's wealth is redistributed to the oppressed black group. Individuals don't matter only the group identity. We can see this theme in many of the speeches the Dear Leader recites. The Dear Leader may have publicly refudiated Wright but he carries major portions of his philosophy forward to this day.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:05 PM
With the Mob
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 132
Thanks: 110
Thanked 105 Times in 52 Posts
Default Re: Reverend Wrong - Pulpit of Hate 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Oh please, Rev Wright is a long time proponent of Black Liberation theology, a Marxist reinterpretation of the Gospel where there are 2 groups, the oppressor (white) and victim (black). Wright frequently refers to James Cone, the godfather of Black Liberation theology as providing the bedrock of his ministry.

It's absurd to claim that somehow Wright didn't preach or discuss his bedrock theology with Obama during the 22 year close association between the 2 including performing their marriage and baptizing both children. Wright was a major player on the Chicago community organizing scene when Obama was working the grievance circuit there. The only alternative explanation, he didn't know, reduces Obama to a complete dunce.

We can see Black Liberation theology's tenants of group salvation and that whitey's only hope for salvation is to give back what he stole reflected in Obama's overarching goal of transforming the US via the redistribution of wealth. We can only "progress" to a more perfect union, in Wright's terms salvation, when as a group wealthy white's wealth is redistributed to the oppressed black group. Individuals don't matter only the group identity. We can see this theme in many of the speeches the Dear Leader recites. The Dear Leader may have publicly refudiated Wright but he carries major portions of his philosophy forward to this day.
All of this is crap and you have no proof. Liar!

What's funny is the Obama supporters in denial. If this was ANY other man, associated with ANY other man, there would be no denial. Because he is the chosen one, he gets ardent support.

The evidence is OVERWHELMING and yet the blind denial is still in full swing.

It took me just a few quick google searches during the campaign to find out who James Cone is. If memory serves his books are sold through Rev Wright's church website.

Then again Rev Wright wasn't ANYTHING like this in the past 20 years, he just suddenly transformed into something completely different recently.

Please.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:51 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,316 Times in 9,287 Posts
Post Re: Reverend Wrong - Pulpit of Hate 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAz View Post
The evidence is OVERWHELMING and yet the blind denial is still in full swing.
If the pre-election craze evidence is so overwhelming, why have my requests to see it gone unfulfilled?

You can try to shout this down with verbal diarrhea all you like.
There is still NO EVIDENCE shown.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:34 PM
With the Mob
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 132
Thanks: 110
Thanked 105 Times in 52 Posts
Default Re: Reverend Wrong - Pulpit of Hate 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
If the pre-election craze evidence is so overwhelming, why have my requests to see it gone unfulfilled?

You can try to shout this down with verbal diarrhea all you like.
There is still NO EVIDENCE shown.
Find it yourself. Do what I did, and research the church and James Cone. Just because you say there is no evidence doesn't mean there isn't any.

How many sound bites do you need to hear from Wright before it sinks in?

Wright is full of hate for white america. Espouses it all the time. Obama attended that church for 20 years and when called out on it he says "I never heard that stuff when I was there" "I had NO IDEA he was like that".

Rev gets pissed Obama throws him under the bus.

It's all there plain and obvious. Get you head out of the sand and quit defending that which can't be defended.

If you are asking me to do the research for you, I won't. You love the guy, do it yourself.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianAz For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Coyote's Avatar
Vole deMorte (the snack)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 14,492
Thanks: 11,549
Thanked 8,279 Times in 5,306 Posts
Default Re: Reverend Wrong - Pulpit of Hate 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAz View Post
Find it yourself. Do what I did, and research the church and James Cone. Just because you say there is no evidence doesn't mean there isn't any.

How many sound bites do you need to hear from Wright before it sinks in?

Wright is full of hate for white america. Espouses it all the time. Obama attended that church for 20 years and when called out on it he says "I never heard that stuff when I was there" "I had NO IDEA he was like that".

Rev gets pissed Obama throws him under the bus.

It's all there plain and obvious. Get you head out of the sand and quit defending that which can't be defended.

If you are asking me to do the research for you, I won't. You love the guy, do it yourself.
Sound bites are just that. Sound bites. No context.
__________________

DISCLAIMER: Extreme amounts of sarcasm can possibly result in inflammatory situations. Not responsible for keyboard violence, spittle on the monitor, irrational responses mistaken for momentary brilliance, one-sided rages against hypocrisy or individual members or unintended consequences such as poor personal hygiene and bad spelling. Please fasten your seatbelts and put your trays in an upright position.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coyote For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,659
Thanks: 2,655
Thanked 1,323 Times in 896 Posts
Default Re: Reverend Wrong - Pulpit of Hate 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post

People have been watching Rev Wright for years.
Why aren't there videos like this from EARLIER in his career?
The years you want to attack Obama for...

People change.
You are assuming that this has ALWAYS been his message without one shred of evidence.
Nothing personal, foundit66, but there's no doubt what a nasty, hateful person Rev. Wright is.
And I don't blame you for trying to put a good spin on things.

BUT, he didn't get that frothing, fuming attitude by being misunderstood.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 PM
PT Again's Avatar
No Cactus Expert
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,349
Thanks: 325
Thanked 567 Times in 439 Posts
Default Re: Reverend Wrong - Pulpit of Hate 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
Sound bites are just that. Sound bites. No context.
^^ Kind of like this post ^^
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 PM
With the Mob
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 132
Thanks: 110
Thanked 105 Times in 52 Posts
Default Re: Reverend Wrong - Pulpit of Hate 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
Sound bites are just that. Sound bites. No context.
No context? Really?

Some say God Bless America, I say God Damn America? The U.S.of KKA?

Wake up. You are being ridiculous.

Why are some of you defending this guy? This is unbelievable.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, research James Cone and Black Liberation Theology and then come back here and defend him. Until then you have no credibility on the subject in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrianAz For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
2011, hate, pulpit, reverend, wrong

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0