Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Open Discussion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open Discussion Discuss Obama is ineffective so where do we go from here? at the General Forum; Just admitting that for whatever reason from your political viewpoint, Obama's administration is starting to be non effective. Non leaderly ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2010, 11:03 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,268
Thanks: 57,122
Thanked 26,872 Times in 19,321 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Obama is ineffective so where do we go from here?

Just admitting that for whatever reason from your political viewpoint, Obama's administration is starting to be non effective. Non leaderly if I may borrow a ploy from Palin and invent a word here.

So let's just say we agree on that point and ask ourselves, what next?
The economy is the big issue of course. And maybe 2012 is a big issue too since the leader of the free world still holds most of the cards (admittedly in a deck that is on slow burn).

Say his term and his agenda are finished as in it's a given.
How to get us on the right path?
And are there any suggestions who to run -obviously for Republican-in 2012?
Oh one more thing. Since the agenda will (arguably) be set by the GOP should there be a greater push to get the veto proof majority or is the teaparty work pretty much done here?
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,071
Thanks: 1,599
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,073 Posts
Default Re: Obama is ineffective so where do we go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Just admitting that for whatever reason from your political viewpoint, Obama's administration is starting to be non effective. Non leaderly if I may borrow a ploy from Palin and invent a word here.

So let's just say we agree on that point and ask ourselves, what next?
The economy is the big issue of course. And maybe 2012 is a big issue too since the leader of the free world still holds most of the cards (admittedly in a deck that is on slow burn).

Say his term and his agenda are finished as in it's a given.
How to get us on the right path?
And are there any suggestions who to run -obviously for Republican-in 2012?
Oh one more thing. Since the agenda will (arguably) be set by the GOP should there be a greater push to get the veto proof majority or is the teaparty work pretty much done here?
The TEA party isn't done yet, there is a long way to go getting this country back on track.

Who will run? I still can't pick one at this point there are several options and the primaries to go through.

I do know this, what Obama is all about only resonates with about 10-15% of the public and he has played his hand. The only crowd control the dems have is how deep does this guy cut into the democratic party.

It was pretty bad this round can Obama stem the tide? I think a lot of demo's that weren't on the ballot have huge issues coming at them for re-election in 2012. I think they will become more republican in the next two years if not for any other reason but to keep their jobs. The Obama plan failed and if they stay with him they will be gone.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AzMike For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2010, 11:50 PM
sunwestdog's Avatar
Ridin' the short bus
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,715
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,352 Times in 914 Posts
Default Re: Obama is ineffective so where do we go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzMike View Post
The TEA party isn't done yet, there is a long way to go getting this country back on track.

Who will run? I still can't pick one at this point there are several options and the primaries to go through.

I do know this, what Obama is all about only resonates with about 10-15% of the public and he has played his hand. The only crowd control the dems have is how deep does this guy cut into the democratic party.

It was pretty bad this round can Obama stem the tide? I think a lot of demo's that weren't on the ballot have huge issues coming at them for re-election in 2012. I think they will become more republican in the next two years if not for any other reason but to keep their jobs. The Obama plan failed and if they stay with him they will be gone.
The tea party cost the reps the senate, let's hope they stick around. Obama's approval ratings are hovering around 48%. What kind of made up number is 10-15%. Is approval and resonate different? If so again, where did you get that made up number about who "resonates".
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunwestdog For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Mr. Vicchio's Avatar
Navy Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Antonio Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 667
Thanks: 184
Thanked 280 Times in 165 Posts
Default Re: Obama is ineffective so where do we go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Just admitting that for whatever reason from your political viewpoint, Obama's administration is starting to be non effective. Non leaderly if I may borrow a ploy from Palin and invent a word here.

So let's just say we agree on that point and ask ourselves, what next?
The economy is the big issue of course. And maybe 2012 is a big issue too since the leader of the free world still holds most of the cards (admittedly in a deck that is on slow burn).

Say his term and his agenda are finished as in it's a given.
How to get us on the right path?
And are there any suggestions who to run -obviously for Republican-in 2012?
Oh one more thing. Since the agenda will (arguably) be set by the GOP should there be a greater push to get the veto proof majority or is the teaparty work pretty much done here?
Your premise is that America is done, a dying Empire.
What America needs is LEADERSHIP. Not Tyranny. Leadership. Look at Reagan Vs. Obama. Both were strong personalities that gave hell'va good speeches. The difference is that Reagan lead, and Obama dictates.

Reagan took a "it's morning in America" stance, Obama takes a "Bush screwed it all up, we can't do better" approach.

What America needs is another Reagan.
__________________
Help bring fairness to America!
www.fairtax.org
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Vicchio For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2010, 12:20 PM
lizzie's Avatar
Zen Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: a state of being
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,976
Thanks: 4,658
Thanked 3,794 Times in 2,310 Posts
Default Re: Obama is ineffective so where do we go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post

So let's just say we agree on that point and ask ourselves, what next?
The economy is the big issue of course. And maybe 2012 is a big issue too since the leader of the free world still holds most of the cards (admittedly in a deck that is on slow burn).
What we need is someone who is pro- private sector and looks at the economy as something that should benefit the individual, and not as something to control and use for the benefit of the government.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lizzie For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2010, 12:23 PM
lizzie's Avatar
Zen Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: a state of being
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,976
Thanks: 4,658
Thanked 3,794 Times in 2,310 Posts
Default Re: Obama is ineffective so where do we go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vicchio View Post
Your premise is that America is done, a dying Empire.
At the moment, that's pretty much the case. We have collectively begun to look at the government as our means of monetary security, rather than the body that exists to serve the best interests of the country as a whole. Special interests run Washington, and until we put a stop to it, we will continue to decline.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lizzie For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2010, 04:16 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,268
Thanks: 57,122
Thanked 26,872 Times in 19,321 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Obama is ineffective so where do we go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vicchio View Post
Your premise is that America is done, a dying Empire.
What America needs is LEADERSHIP. Not Tyranny. Leadership. Look at Reagan Vs. Obama. Both were strong personalities that gave hell'va good speeches. The difference is that Reagan lead, and Obama dictates.

Reagan took a "it's morning in America" stance, Obama takes a "Bush screwed it all up, we can't do better" approach.

...
No my premise was Obama is finished, but lizzie does bring up a salient point...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
At the moment, that's pretty much the case. We have collectively begun to look at the government as our means of monetary security, rather than the body that exists to serve the best interests of the country as a whole. Special interests run Washington, and until we put a stop to it, we will continue to decline.
Thanks for clarifying things for me. A change does need to take place. I'm scared the same ol baloney will try to cop their own interests during the turmoil, but anxious and a little exhilarated at the same time.
Quote:
Mr. Vicchio
What America needs is another Reagan.
I disagree. And I think Regan and Obama are more alike that probably either one of us wants to admit. I don't like what Regan did to the country although I voted for him for "change". Well I certainly got it and like it or not Obama's change is not my cup of tea either.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2010, 04:21 PM
sunwestdog's Avatar
Ridin' the short bus
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mizzou
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,715
Thanks: 638
Thanked 1,352 Times in 914 Posts
Default Re: Obama is ineffective so where do we go from here?

Quote:
The difference is that Reagan lead, and Obama dictates.
Wow, Obama is really screwed. The right thinks he dictates and the left think he's too compromising with the right. The man can't win.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunwestdog For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2010, 04:24 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,268
Thanks: 57,122
Thanked 26,872 Times in 19,321 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Obama is ineffective so where do we go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwestdog View Post
Wow, Obama is really screwed. The right thinks he dictates and the left think he's too compromising with the right. The man can't win.
Kinda the point, my friend.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2010, 05:45 PM
lizzie's Avatar
Zen Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: a state of being
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,976
Thanks: 4,658
Thanked 3,794 Times in 2,310 Posts
Default Re: Obama is ineffective so where do we go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I don't like what Regan did to the country although I voted for him for "change". Well I certainly got it and like it or not Obama's change is not my cup of tea either.
What did Reagan do that you didn't like?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
from, here, ineffective, obama, where

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0