Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Off-Topic, Bizarre, Jokes & Games
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic, Bizarre, Jokes & Games Discuss Political Cartoon Thread at the General Discussion; Originally Posted by saltwn right, but when these newly deputized "cops" show up they don't seem to always know the ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2461 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 07:21 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,858
Thanks: 651
Thanked 6,849 Times in 4,913 Posts
Default Re: Political Cartoon Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
right, but when these newly deputized "cops" show up they don't seem to always know the difference.
In response to my quote, "Real protestors do not hang around mixing with rioting dickheads."

Do the peaceful protestors know the difference between a rioting dickhead and a peaceful protestor?

Why do I bother discussing with people who have already made up their minds about idiots who cannot differentiate between a rioter and a protestor?
Reply With Quote
  #2462 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 07:39 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,061
Thanks: 55,964
Thanked 26,451 Times in 18,951 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Political Cartoon Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
In response to my quote, "Real protestors do not hang around mixing with rioting dickheads."

Do the peaceful protestors know the difference between a rioting dickhead and a peaceful protestor?

Why do I bother discussing with people who have already made up their minds about idiots who cannot differentiate between a rioter and a protestor?
there's mistakes on both sides Im sure
you hang out cause you love us just as we love you
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #2463 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 09:02 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,070
Thanks: 11,141
Thanked 7,236 Times in 4,856 Posts
Default Re: Political Cartoon Thread

__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #2464 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 10:40 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,061
Thanks: 55,964
Thanked 26,451 Times in 18,951 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Political Cartoon Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
imagine yelling fire in a crowded theater when there isn't even a fire. That's what the banned posts were like.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #2465 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2020, 06:34 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,221
Thanks: 8,790
Thanked 6,314 Times in 3,616 Posts
Default Re: Political Cartoon Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
You mean like quarantining healthy people to their homes?
Are we saying that's something illegal?
I'd agree.
But i'd be fine with protesting in front of a home on the public sidewalk or even IN the street.
However blocking someone IN their home or yard I'd consider criminal.
But something like that is not really what either of us was talking about though.
It is exactly what we are talking about. What difference is it if you are blocking from leaving your driveway or blocked on the highway. Either way, you are at the mercy of the crowd. It is wrong regardless of the location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
As far as what my, your and our rights are when it comes to literally inconveniences and delays. Rather than outright HARM, I think the lines are blurred and "the law" and authorities makes are in fact arbitrary in enforcement.
While enforcement may in fact be arbitrary, depending upon the whims and political decisions by those in charge, in either case it is a matter of some people ignoring the rights of others to exercise their rights. Again, I don't get to trample on your rights to exercise mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
here's the question, Is the right to protest by default subject to what someone feels is their "right" to ride down a certain road at a certain time every morning?
It is more than a feeling, it is protected by our Constitution. It doesn't matter for what purpose that I wish to ride down a road, it is my right to do so. And you exercising your right to protest does not supersede my right of freedom of movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
Or do the the 2 rights conflict and does it allow for ACCOMMODATION?
Accommodation is part of our legal process and frankly human kindness that simply realizes that, occasionally, we all may have to make some space for others to exercise their rights.
Sure it does. Accommodation says that people on foot are free to speak their minds on the sidewalk, in a park, in front of City Hall or wherever people generally gather ON FOOT. The highway is reserved for those traveling by vehicle to get from point A to point B. It is NOT to accommodate someone with a grievance that wants to inconvenience me or my neighbor in an effort to support their cause.

And I cannot believe I have to point this out, but by these actions, they are actually turning people like me away from their cause. Why should I support a group that claims to be against LEO's breaking the law by breaking the law in an effort to disrupt my life to get your point across? That seems counter productive.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #2466 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2020, 11:31 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,752
Thanks: 2,295
Thanked 36,368 Times in 20,711 Posts
Default Re: Political Cartoon Thread

__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #2467 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2020, 11:50 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,721
Thanks: 10,089
Thanked 13,643 Times in 7,452 Posts
Default Re: Political Cartoon Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
imagine yelling fire in a crowded theater when there isn't even a fire. That's what the banned posts were like.
Once again, you invoke the false equivalency.

That's what most of your posting's are like.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #2468 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2020, 12:15 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,070
Thanks: 11,141
Thanked 7,236 Times in 4,856 Posts
Default Re: Political Cartoon Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
imagine yelling fire in a crowded theater when there isn't even a fire. That's what the banned posts were like.
Expressing a conservative opinion on a topic is like Like yelling fire?
Given people information from doctors about research is like yelling fire?

Salt, that's BS.

the real reason they ban and/or censor is because they don't LIKE the person/group and or the content of the message.
And they have the power to do so.
simply as that.

And despite Conservative protestations about the rights of Big Biz some functions of democratic society simply should not be under the controlled of "the market".
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #2469 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2020, 12:26 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,247
Thanks: 6,754
Thanked 6,702 Times in 4,549 Posts
Default Re: Political Cartoon Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
Expressing a conservative opinion on a topic is like Like yelling fire?
Given people information from doctors about research is like yelling fire?

Salt, that's BS.

the real reason they ban and/or censor is because they don't LIKE the person/group and or the content of the message.
And they have the power to do so.
simply as that.

And despite Conservative protestations about the rights of Big Biz some functions of democratic society simply should not be under the controlled of "the market".
Many on the left believe that ALL conservative opinions are like yelling fire.

Many on the left have been conditioned by the media to believe Conservatives are the enemy of the world, and more dangerous than terrorists.
__________________
Appeasement, is feeding the crocodiles, hoping they will eat you last.
Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
  #2470 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2020, 03:17 PM
Essential Deplorable
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,845
Thanks: 15,626
Thanked 14,684 Times in 8,964 Posts
Post Re: Political Cartoon Thread

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lollie For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
cartoon, political, thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0