Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Off-Topic, Bizarre, Jokes & Games
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic, Bizarre, Jokes & Games Discuss Say Anything at the General Discussion; Originally Posted by cnredd Let's see if I just destroyed what's left of my life... For the most part, I've ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2016, 09:44 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,480
Thanks: 21,849
Thanked 18,565 Times in 11,913 Posts
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Let's see if I just destroyed what's left of my life...

For the most part, I've worked non-business hours throughout my life...Overnights...Three 13s a week...and most recently, Tuesday through Saturday 3PM-11:30PM (2nd shift)...

At work, a 1st shift guy just left to go to another department, and either cleverly or stupidly, I stepped up to the plate to take over his shift...Sunday through Thursday 7AM-3:30PM...

...and not only that, but now someone has to take over for my old 2nd shift...I volunteered to do Fridays, so I'll be doing 6 days a week until they get some new blood...

At least Saturdays off...although I can't hang out late since I gotta be up about 5:45AM...
Good luck with that. I most always worked second or third shift as I could not get use to getting up early for work. Now that I'm retired I wake up at around 6 every morning.

I guess I'll have to start playing reveille every morning now for ya.
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrLiberty For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Lollie's Avatar
--- 42 ---
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,622
Thanks: 14,436
Thanked 13,491 Times in 8,293 Posts
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Hey, it's snowing.......
Yay! it's supposed to snow here today too.

__________________
We take our bearings daily from others.
To be sane is - to a great extent, to be sociable.
-John Updike
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lollie For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2016, 06:01 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Between Oz and a hard place
Posts: 10,415
Thanks: 8,101
Thanked 6,641 Times in 4,298 Posts
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Let's see if I just destroyed what's left of my life...

For the most part, I've worked non-business hours throughout my life...Overnights...Three 13s a week...and most recently, Tuesday through Saturday 3PM-11:30PM (2nd shift)...

At work, a 1st shift guy just left to go to another department, and either cleverly or stupidly, I stepped up to the plate to take over his shift...Sunday through Thursday 7AM-3:30PM...

...and not only that, but now someone has to take over for my old 2nd shift...I volunteered to do Fridays, so I'll be doing 6 days a week until they get some new blood...

At least Saturdays off...although I can't hang out late since I gotta be up about 5:45AM...
You didn't need a social life, or any kind of life at all, did you?

Hope it's for a short while, hours like that get really old, really quick.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you can't laugh at yourself, you might as well get embalmed
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2016, 09:25 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 72,247
Thanks: 52,435
Thanked 24,998 Times in 17,705 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Say Anything

Spouse supposed to have had double bipass Wednesday, ended up w/ triple. Slowly coming out of the fog. Yesterday was not good. Today better. I talk w him and/or nurse couple three times a day. He should move out to a floor from CSU tomorrow if all goes well tonight.
__________________
Q "Why did Donald Trump do that?"
A "Why do skunks squirt?"
___overheard comments on news video
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2016, 12:00 AM
rjaz's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,379
Thanks: 219
Thanked 735 Times in 504 Posts
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Spouse supposed to have had double bipass Wednesday, ended up w/ triple. Slowly coming out of the fog. Yesterday was not good. Today better. I talk w him and/or nurse couple three times a day. He should move out to a floor from CSU tomorrow if all goes well tonight.
Very sorry to hear that. Hope things turn out better.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjaz For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2016, 01:00 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 72,247
Thanks: 52,435
Thanked 24,998 Times in 17,705 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjaz View Post
Very sorry to hear that. Hope things turn out better.
Thank you. At least, we believe, he is having the best care. St. Vincent in Portland, Or. The VA in Boise contacted them. Was a lot of logistics I had to figure out but we got er done. I'm just sorry I couldn't travel with him, but his Vet buddy is there. He will stay at a VA guest house for a week or two when he gets out of the hospital before they will let him get back on a plane. But thank God for what is available.
__________________
Q "Why did Donald Trump do that?"
A "Why do skunks squirt?"
___overheard comments on news video
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2016, 03:04 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 51,690
Thanks: 1,917
Thanked 31,377 Times in 18,367 Posts
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Let's see if I just destroyed what's left of my life...

For the most part, I've worked non-business hours throughout my life...Overnights...Three 13s a week...and most recently, Tuesday through Saturday 3PM-11:30PM (2nd shift)...

At work, a 1st shift guy just left to go to another department, and either cleverly or stupidly, I stepped up to the plate to take over his shift...Sunday through Thursday 7AM-3:30PM...

...and not only that, but now someone has to take over for my old 2nd shift...I volunteered to do Fridays, so I'll be doing 6 days a week until they get some new blood...

At least Saturdays off...although I can't hang out late since I gotta be up about 5:45AM...
So much for THAT...

I just finished up my second day of 1st shift...At 1PM, my supervisor gets a text(!!!) from the new second shift guy...He quit!!!...

So now my supervisor will cover as the second person on 1st shift and I have to go back to usual 2nd shift...Tuesday through Saturday...

...which is funny, because my "week" now starts tomorrow...AFTER I just did a Sunday & Monday...So 7 days work this week...And now we need TWO new hires...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2016, 03:20 PM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,480
Thanks: 21,849
Thanked 18,565 Times in 11,913 Posts
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
So much for THAT...

I just finished up my second day of 1st shift...At 1PM, my supervisor gets a text(!!!) from the new second shift guy...He quit!!!...

So now my supervisor will cover as the second person on 1st shift and I have to go back to usual 2nd shift...Tuesday through Saturday...

...which is funny, because my "week" now starts tomorrow...AFTER I just did a Sunday & Monday...So 7 days work this week...And now we need TWO new hires...
A guy works two days and then quits....must be a Bernie Sanders supporter....
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2016, 04:29 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 72,247
Thanks: 52,435
Thanked 24,998 Times in 17,705 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
A guy works two days and then quits....must be a Bernie Sanders supporter....
yeah real losers like Apple, Microsoft and Danny deVito
__________________
Q "Why did Donald Trump do that?"
A "Why do skunks squirt?"
___overheard comments on news video
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2016, 06:42 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 51,690
Thanks: 1,917
Thanked 31,377 Times in 18,367 Posts
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
A guy works two days and then quits....must be a Bernie Sanders supporter....
He was here almost 60 days...Didn't give a reason why he was leaving...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
anything, say

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0