Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Off-Topic, Bizarre, Jokes & Games
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic, Bizarre, Jokes & Games Discuss Say Anything at the General Discussion; Originally Posted by Lumara I took my handgun carry permit class today and passed with flying colors! I'm so excited ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1901 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2020, 11:49 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,377
Thanks: 11,656
Thanked 9,740 Times in 5,971 Posts
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
I took my handgun carry permit class today and passed with flying colors! I'm so excited to finally be getting my permit. Next I'll have to figure out what gun to get. I tried out a S&W Bodyguard .380 that a friend has last month. I liked the small size and light weight of it but didn't like the grip so I'll have to try out some others before I buy.
Some say the Glock 380 slim is better for a smaller hand. It also does not have the standard safety, but the safety is built into the trigger, so not messing with disengage/engage during times of high stress.

https://us.glock.com/en/learn/glock-...-action-system
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #1902 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2020, 07:00 PM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,851
Thanks: 4,144
Thanked 3,483 Times in 1,713 Posts
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Some say the Glock 380 slim is better for a smaller hand. It also does not have the standard safety, but the safety is built into the trigger, so not messing with disengage/engage during times of high stress.

https://us.glock.com/en/learn/glock-...-action-system
That grip looks much better than the S&W Bodyguard, because that grip was too short for my pinky to grip. I want to take a class where they actually match a gun and accessories to the person. The gun range I took my class at is the only one in the nation that offers such a class, and when one is scheduled it will help me decide the best gun for me. I know I want a semi, not a revolver, with an easy trigger pull and light weight for my already heavy purse. I really like the .22 pistols I've shot, but would prefer something with more stopping power.
__________________
Fear is used to control you.

Quarantine restricts the sick. Tyranny restricts the healthy.

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. - Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #1903 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2020, 08:32 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,377
Thanks: 11,656
Thanked 9,740 Times in 5,971 Posts
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
That grip looks much better than the S&W Bodyguard, because that grip was too short for my pinky to grip. I want to take a class where they actually match a gun and accessories to the person. The gun range I took my class at is the only one in the nation that offers such a class, and when one is scheduled it will help me decide the best gun for me. I know I want a semi, not a revolver, with an easy trigger pull and light weight for my already heavy purse. I really like the .22 pistols I've shot, but would prefer something with more stopping power.
There is a place in Sevierville, Bud's, that lets you rent guns to shoot in the range. That way you experience them first hand for what would be your preference.

I had pinky issues also. The extension available for most magazines has a small lip on it for a pinky rest. Not expensive, and readily available.

As some say, a .22 will just piss 'em off. you are correct, as much stopping power as you are comfortable handling is the way to go.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #1904 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2020, 01:24 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,768
Thanks: 9,656
Thanked 6,949 Times in 3,978 Posts
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
I took my handgun carry permit class today and passed with flying colors! I'm so excited to finally be getting my permit. Next I'll have to figure out what gun to get. I tried out a S&W Bodyguard .380 that a friend has last month. I liked the small size and light weight of it but didn't like the grip so I'll have to try out some others before I buy.
As I am a rather large person, you may not care for my preference. However, I have an Israeli Arms (licensed to Magnum Research for domestic production) Baby Desert Eagle 9mm. I have shot many semi auto pistols in all calibers and this one was the best of the bunch in my opinion. Very balanced and accurate out to about 50 yds for me.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #1905 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2020, 03:59 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,377
Thanks: 11,656
Thanked 9,740 Times in 5,971 Posts
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
As I am a rather large person, you may not care for my preference. However, I have an Israeli Arms (licensed to Magnum Research for domestic production) Baby Desert Eagle 9mm. I have shot many semi auto pistols in all calibers and this one was the best of the bunch in my opinion. Very balanced and accurate out to about 50 yds for me.
But does it fit in your purse?
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #1906 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2020, 07:46 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,768
Thanks: 9,656
Thanked 6,949 Times in 3,978 Posts
Default Re: Say Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
But does it fit in your purse?
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #1907 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2020, 11:34 AM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,851
Thanks: 4,144
Thanked 3,483 Times in 1,713 Posts
Talking Re: Say Anything

I really like this parody of a great song!

__________________
Fear is used to control you.

Quarantine restricts the sick. Tyranny restricts the healthy.

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. - Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anything, say

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0