Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Off-Topic, Bizarre, Jokes & Games
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic, Bizarre, Jokes & Games Discuss The Political Cartoons at the General Discussion; ...

Closed Thread
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 09:59 PM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,054
Thanks: 1,586
Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,869 Posts
Default Re: The Political Cartoons

__________________
"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." - Donald Trump, on pedophile Jeff Epstein.
  #252 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 10:09 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Post Re: The Political Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
Then show me the terms "wall of separation" or "separation of church and state" in the Constitution.
I will when you can show me the word "homosexuals" in the original Hebrew / Greek bible...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
Maybe next to the Wedding Cake for Martial Mockeries Clause? You can't of course, because all of theses things were imagined by tyrannical judges.
Reminds me of a quote from a Douglas Adams book.
"Some factual information for you. Have you any idea how much damage that bulldozer would suffer if I just let it roll straight over you?"
"How much?" said Arthur.
"None at all," said Mr. Prosser.
It doesn't matter how loudly you insist on failing to comprehend how the rest of our government works.
It's still going to work that way...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
  #253 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 10:54 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,236
Thanks: 11,242
Thanked 7,390 Times in 4,946 Posts
Default Re: The Political Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I will when you can show me the word "homosexuals" in the original Hebrew / Greek bible...
homosexual sex is described pretty clearly and condemned and or prohibited on each occasion.
most honest folks can't miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Reminds me of a quote from a Douglas Adams book.
"Some factual information for you. Have you any idea how much damage that bulldozer would suffer if I just let it roll straight over you?"
"How much?" said Arthur.
"None at all," said Mr. Prosser.
It doesn't matter how loudly you insist on failing to comprehend how the rest of our government works.
It's still going to work that way...
tyrannical gov't = bulldozer on religious rights you say?
uh yeah, that's the problem.

the main reason many religious folks LEFT Europe for America to escape the bulldozer of Gov't that doesn't like the practice of some religious folks.
Conform or the Gov't will crush your with Jail, Fines, loss or property and Jobs for those folks that are apostates from the modern secular church of homosexual rights doctrine. One must RECANT and obey or else.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
  #254 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2015, 11:12 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Default Re: The Political Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wonder View Post
homosexual sex is described pretty clearly and condemned and or prohibited on each occasion.
most honest folks can't miss it.
Didn't answer the question I asked, did you.
And the reason you didn't answer that leading question is the same reason OftenCold's leading question is irrelevant.

BTW, I personally agree that the bible is against homosexual sex.
Just like it endorses slavery and has misogynist themes and supports genocide in multiple examples.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wonder View Post
tyrannical gov't = bulldozer on religious rights you say?
uh yeah, that's the problem.
the main reason many religious folks LEFT Europe for America to escape the bulldozer of Gov't that doesn't like the practice of some religious folks.
Conform or the Gov't will crush your with Jail, Fines, loss or property and Jobs for those folks that are apostates from the modern secular church of homosexual rights doctrine. One must RECANT and obey or else.
It's amusing to see you rant against that ...
... but when the legislation has provided the same protection against religious discrimination for a long time, that goes ignored...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
  #255 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2015, 12:28 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,236
Thanks: 11,242
Thanked 7,390 Times in 4,946 Posts
Default Re: The Political Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
Again, find that in term in the Constitution, it isn't there. A Supreme Court Justice invented it in the Mid-Twentieth Century. Since then, generations of defenseless school children have been lied to, and told that the Constitution established "separation of Church and State," which is nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I will when you can show me the word "homosexuals" in the original Hebrew / Greek bible...
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Didn't answer the question I asked, did you.
And the reason you didn't answer that leading question is the same reason OftenCold's leading question is irrelevant. BTW, I personally agree that the bible is against homosexual sex....
OC is correct here.
your comment does not apply.
the bill of rights clears says the gov't will not interfere with the FREE EXERCISE of religion, and will not ESTABLISH a religion.
this is not "separation of church and state" as imagined, misunderstood and applied by people today.

the Bible's view of homosexuality is --as you say-- is clear on it's meaning and wording as well.

So your point has no merit foundit66

"separation of church and state" is NOT in the constitution with the words or meaning that many imply.
But condemnation of homosexuality IS in the Bible as clear a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
...Just like it endorses slavery and has misogynist themes and supports genocide in multiple examples...
, take it up in other threads please.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
It's amusing to see you rant against that ...
... but when the legislation has provided the same protection against religious discrimination for a long time, that goes ignored...
since this is the cartoon thread i'll keep the reply short.
Apples and Oranges.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #256 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2015, 07:32 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,236
Thanks: 11,242
Thanked 7,390 Times in 4,946 Posts
Default Re: The Political Cartoons

__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #257 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2015, 09:14 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,236
Thanks: 11,242
Thanked 7,390 Times in 4,946 Posts
Default Re: The Political Cartoons

Not a cartoon.
but it is kinda funny ..sorta.

Wasn't EBOLA suppose to have killed many of us off by now if we
"didn't do something!" "close the boarder!" "keep people off planes" "quarantine countries" etc etc ?
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
  #258 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2015, 09:38 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,841 Posts
Default Re: The Political Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wonder View Post
The "Not Your Body" has no right to live inside of "Your Body" (stealing "Your Body's" food and endangering it). While current laws don't require it the "Not Your Body" can be removed unharmed and intact and because no act of aggression is committed against "Not Your Body" then it's not murder. Even if "Not Your Body" dies from natural causes after being removed from "Your Body", which always happens prior to viability, it still isn't murder because it was unharmed and intact when removed.

We could change the laws but of course it's rather stupid because prior to viability the fetus will die of natural causes anyway. Logic dictates that laws requiring removal "intact and without harm" are illogical if the fetus is going to die of natural causes after removal anyway.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
  #259 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2015, 04:28 PM
Oftencold's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,936
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,718 Times in 6,203 Posts
Default Re: The Political Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wonder View Post
Not a cartoon.
but it is kinda funny ..sorta.

Wasn't EBOLA suppose to have killed many of us off by now if we
"didn't do something!" "close the boarder!" "keep people off planes" "quarantine countries" etc etc ?
Yes, and AIDS was supposed to "explode" into the Straight Community.
__________________
“Quod scripsi, scripsi"

╠═════════════════════════════════════╣

“Serpent's breath, charm of death and life, thy omen of making!”
Or if you're a traditionalist,
“Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha!”
And children, say it like you mean it!

╠═════════════════════════════════════╣
The Following User Says Thank You to Oftencold For This Useful Post:
  #260 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2015, 04:37 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Post Re: The Political Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wonder View Post
OC is correct here.
your comment does not apply.
the bill of rights clears says the gov't will not interfere with the FREE EXERCISE of religion, and will not ESTABLISH a religion.
this is not "separation of church and state" as imagined, misunderstood and applied by people today.
Part of the problem is that some people keep trying the substitution you just did.
It doesn't say "establish A religion".
It says "establishment OF religion". Which is a more stringent requirement than restricting against establishing A religion.

NO aspect of religion may be established in government.

I've pointed out the Lemon Test before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wonder View Post
the Bible's view of homosexuality is --as you say-- is clear on it's meaning and wording as well.
I'm going to say this a second time.
I agree on this point.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wonder View Post
"separation of church and state" is NOT in the constitution with the words or meaning that many imply.
It is a valid interpretation of the first amendment.
You don't like it? Amend the constitution.


Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66
...Just like it endorses slavery and has misogynist themes and supports genocide in multiple examples...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wonder View Post
, take it up in other threads please.
So, you want to argue one thing in the Political Cartoons thread, but not another...


Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66
since this is the cartoon thread i'll keep the reply short.
No.
You keep it short for the same reason you refuse to address it in non-cartoon threads.
Cause you have no freakin' defense on the issue.
Admittedly, you aren't alone in that aspect. But ...
I think there are a couple other people who will talk about it but they admit those laws are also problematic by the standards they put forth.

Christians enact legislation that prevents businesses from discriminating against Christians (and other religions). This legislation has been in effect and enforced for well over 50 years.
No heinous intent assumed.

People enact the same type of legislation which prevents businesses from discriminating against gays and straights.
This legislation is assumed to be heinous and hateful and targeted against making Christians lose their religion!


A business can't discriminate against Christians? No comment.
A business can't discriminate against gays? OMG! It's an effort to coerce beliefs...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread

Tags
cartoons, political, the

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0