Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > ObamaCare
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ObamaCare Discuss November 26, 2019 - Biden Retakes Lead As Warren Plunges, Buttigieg Rises, Quinnipia at the General Forum; Originally Posted by saltwn Sounds like you're OK with MSNBC propaganda but if med for all support is slipping then ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2019, 08:50 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,332
Thanks: 9,930
Thanked 8,206 Times in 4,869 Posts
Default Re: November 26, 2019 - Biden Retakes Lead As Warren Plunges, Buttigieg Rises, Quinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Sounds like you're OK with MSNBC propaganda
but if med for all support is slipping then ...shhh... don't tell Sanders. He's ahead and second depending on the day and the poll.
Different subjects, different threads.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,335
Thanks: 5,667
Thanked 6,077 Times in 4,144 Posts
Default Re: November 26, 2019 - Biden Retakes Lead As Warren Plunges, Buttigieg Rises, Quinni

[QUOTE=saltwn;981969]I think the progressive vote is just split
Only two candidates took med for all seriously and only sanders has a cohesive plan
btw when people actually hear Bernie un clipped they get that it is cheaper by far than what we pay now.[/QUOTE]

So do you really believe that Bernie has it all figured out? That he knows everything about healthcare?

Obama's ADA gang said they had it all figured out, isn't it perfect now?

We all kept our doctors, we all are paying 2,500.00 a year less.

Do you think they will have to pass Bernie's plan before they read it?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2019, 12:09 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,034
Thanks: 11,782
Thanked 4,366 Times in 2,815 Posts
Default Re: November 26, 2019 - Biden Retakes Lead As Warren Plunges, Buttigieg Rises, Quinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
btw when people actually hear Bernie un clipped they get that it is cheaper by far than what we pay now.
When you say "we," you are obviously assuming that "we" all pay about the same thing for healthcare insurance, of the same sort (apples to apples).

And that is simply not true.

In fact, not even close.

And one may also reasonably wonder: Are you okay with long wait times, and healthcare rationing--which are not just talking points of the dreaded Republicans; they are the actual experience of Canadians, who have government-controlled healthcare--or does that matter, even marginally, to you?
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2019, 12:45 PM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,945
Thanks: 1,578
Thanked 9,098 Times in 5,817 Posts
Default Re: November 26, 2019 - Biden Retakes Lead As Warren Plunges, Buttigieg Rises, Quinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
Are you okay with long wait times, and healthcare rationing--which are not just talking points of the dreaded Republicans; they are the actual experience of Canadians, who have government-controlled healthcare--or does that matter, even marginally, to you?
I would be perfectly accepting of whatever flaws the Canadian system has in exchange for the absurdities of ours. In the industrialized world, we have the least "socialized" health care system, and yet our costs per capita are much higher than anyone else's with little to nothing to show for it. As far as wait times go, a lot of people here have a wait time of forever because they cannot afford healthcare in this country.
__________________
"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." - Donald Trump, on pedophile Jeff Epstein.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2019, 09:57 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,096
Thanks: 7,423
Thanked 5,091 Times in 2,900 Posts
Default Re: November 26, 2019 - Biden Retakes Lead As Warren Plunges, Buttigieg Rises, Quinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
I would be perfectly accepting of whatever flaws the Canadian system has in exchange for the absurdities of ours. In the industrialized world, we have the least "socialized" health care system, and yet our costs per capita are much higher than anyone else's with little to nothing to show for it. As far as wait times go, a lot of people here have a wait time of forever because they cannot afford healthcare in this country.
Good for you. I just hope you are in good health and are never in need of specialized care. If you ever do find yourself in that predicament, be glad you don't live in Canada and have access to the best medical care in the world here in the United States.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2019, 04:37 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,034
Thanks: 11,782
Thanked 4,366 Times in 2,815 Posts
Default Re: November 26, 2019 - Biden Retakes Lead As Warren Plunges, Buttigieg Rises, Quinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
I would be perfectly accepting of whatever flaws the Canadian system has in exchange for the absurdities of ours.
Well, at least you are honest.

(Oh, and the term "flaws" seems to greatly minimize the problems...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
In the industrialized world, we have the least "socialized" health care system... [Bold added]
This appears to be a plea for socialism...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
As far as wait times go, a lot of people here have a wait time of forever because they cannot afford healthcare in this country.
It is really not appropriate to be disingenuous.

The fact is that no one is denied healthcare, in this country, for lack of any healthcare insurance.

The Emergency Room will take them.
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2019, 04:50 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,335
Thanks: 5,667
Thanked 6,077 Times in 4,144 Posts
Default Re: November 26, 2019 - Biden Retakes Lead As Warren Plunges, Buttigieg Rises, Quinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
Well, at least you are honest.

(Oh, and the term "flaws" seems to greatly minimize the problems...)



This appears to be a plea for socialism...



It is really not appropriate to be disingenuous.

The fact is that no one is denied healthcare, in this country, for lack of any healthcare insurance.

The Emergency Room will take them.
Maybe by "flaws", he means accidental deaths due to negligence, incompetence, and low paid doctors.

As far as the Socialism, I believe that once us Baby boomers are gone, America will have no choice but to adopt Socialism. Some will get by for a little while due to inheritances from us boomers, but that money will be blown fast.

No doubt China will be heavily involved in the new socialist country of America.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
2019, biden, buttigieg, lead, november, plunges, quinnipia, retakes, rises, warren

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0