Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   ObamaCare (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/obamacare/)
-   -   New leftwing ACA narrative (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/obamacare/52243-new-leftwing-aca-narrative.html)

Mikeyy 07-18-2017 11:22 PM

Re: New leftwing ACA narrative
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 898929)
Well it's here folks. All Democrats will now sing a different tune.

REPUBLICANS MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE ACA! OR MILLIONS OF AMERICANS WILL DIE! OR LOSE THEIR INSURANCE, or something to that effect.

They will all goose step in the opposite direction now.

I just checked the thread to learn what I would say. All I have to say is I am for single payer and always have been. If the two sides work together to help us all that would be great but I don't see how it is possible using the current system.

AZRWinger 07-19-2017 07:21 AM

Re: New leftwing ACA narrative
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surly (Post 898956)
I now want, and have always wanted, universal healthcare. Neither of you can understand this?

Well then, you must have been really upset when the Democrats were in charge of everything but failed to produce UHC or single payer or even include the public option. Even diehard single payer or bust Democrats like Dennis Kucinich lined up to vote for Obamacare. ;)

But instead of sweeping away the toxic mess of Obamacare to make way for UHC, it's whine about Republicans wanting to strip people of their healthcare.:rolls

Surly 07-19-2017 08:56 AM

Re: New leftwing ACA narrative
 
It must suck being a mindless partisan hack. I really don't have much use for either partry for this reason.
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 899016)
Well then, you must have been really upset when the Democrats were in charge of everything but failed to produce UHC or single payer or even include the public option. Even diehard single payer or bust Democrats like Dennis Kucinich lined up to vote for Obamacare. ;)

But instead of sweeping away the toxic mess of Obamacare to make way for UHC, it's whine about Republicans wanting to strip people of their healthcare.:rolls


Dog Man 07-19-2017 09:11 AM

Re: New leftwing ACA narrative
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 898992)
I just checked the thread to learn what I would say. All I have to say is I am for single payer and always have been. If the two sides work together to help us all that would be great but I don't see how it is possible using the current system.

Yes Mikey I know, you and Surly want a total government take-over of Americas health care.

Surly 07-19-2017 09:16 AM

Re: New leftwing ACA narrative
 
I will say it one more time, I am for UHC based on EBP and with a single party payer. Our profit based system is the least efficient system in the world. Try thinking about this, this country has effectively had UHC for probably 50 years.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 899024)
Yes Mikey I know, you and Surly want a total government take-over of Americas health care.


AZRWinger 07-19-2017 01:57 PM

Re: New leftwing ACA narrative
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surly (Post 899019)
It must suck being a mindless partisan hack. I really don't have much use for either partry for this reason.

Oh, so your an "independent" like Beach House Bernie the inspiration for violent Bernie Bros like the would be assassin that attacked the Republican baseball team. Oh well, it is better than being a partisan hack.;)

ShivaTD 07-19-2017 03:42 PM

Re: New leftwing ACA narrative
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Man (Post 898929)
Well it's here folks. All Democrats will now sing a different tune.

REPUBLICANS MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE ACA! OR MILLIONS OF AMERICANS WILL DIE! OR LOSE THEIR INSURANCE, or something to that effect.

They will all goose step in the opposite direction now.

I'm not quite understanding this.

The Republicans appear incapable of repealing key provisions of the ACA that would be a quick death blow by forcing it into instant failure.

The Republicans have already driven the premium prices way above what they should have been under Obamacare where the initial losses to the insurance companies for insuring those with pre-conditions were to be reimbursed up to 80% (Republicans only funded 12% as I recall).

The failure to fund the losses forced the premium increases and also drove some of the insurance companies out of certain markets (e.g. rural markets where it was hard for the insurance companies to break even under future forecasts). Now 39 predominately rural county "markets" affecting about 25,000 people don't have any insurance companies. While most of the country is looking good presently there remains the problem of Congress funding the losses by the insurance companies (that Republicans filed a lawsuit against funding - won - and now it's awaiting a Supreme Court hearing) because it's driven premiums up (along with the cost to the government to provide subsidies).

So Obamacare has problems but most of them were driving by Republican actions (or inactions in the case of funding the insurance company losses).

If there's nothing to replace Obamacare then it collapses and results in the same 22 million (or more) uninsured that the Republican repeal was going to cause.

If Republicans don't repeal then they're on the hook for ensuring that those covered by Obamacare don't lose their insurance. That means the Republicans are going to have to fund what they've refused to fund in trying to make Obamacare fail.

There are other minor issues with Obamacare that Democrats want to address, and that Republicans probably support fixing as well, but the biggie is keeping the insurance companies in the markets and that requires the Republicans to fund the losses of the insurance companies. Yes, they'll need a few votes from the Democrats but that's slam-dunk certainty.

Finally it's not the Democrats but the American people that are going to demand the Republicans do something to make Obamacare. Only 17% of Americans were supporting the Repeal effort by the GOP which means a lot of Americans, including a lot of Republicans, are going to demand the GOP fix the funding so that the insurance continues into the future.

Sorry to tell the right-wing but they totally own Obamacare now. Their years of trying to make it fail didn't quite work and their blatant attempt to make it fail seems to not be working either. Guess what. If you try to destroy it and fail then you own whatever remains of it.

300 H and H 07-19-2017 04:44 PM

Re: New leftwing ACA narrative
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by winston53660 (Post 898981)
Okay where is that in that chart?

In the link I provided. :rolls

http://library.intellectualtakeout.o...care-flowchart

Are you blind dumb or both? You to Suly, ER is now a profit center since ACA was passed 7 years ago.

Look at this Fuqing flow chart and tell me it is free to use all the bullsh1t it entails. :mad

Regards, Kirk

Surly 07-19-2017 04:59 PM

Re: New leftwing ACA narrative
 
It is better than being a partisan hack, being a partisan hack makes one stupid. Who is Beach House Bernie, was that the movie about the dead guy?
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 899091)
Oh, so your an "independent" like Beach House Bernie the inspiration for violent Bernie Bros like the would be assassin that attacked the Republican baseball team. Oh well, it is better than being a partisan hack.;)


Dog Man 07-19-2017 05:03 PM

Re: New leftwing ACA narrative
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surly (Post 899108)
It is better than being a partisan hack, being a partisan hack makes one stupid. Who is Beach House Bernie, was that the movie about the dead guy?

Oh good grief Surly, your as partisan as the rest of us. Get off that horse, it's far too high for you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0