Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > ObamaCare
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ObamaCare Discuss New leftwing ACA narrative at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Surly Where does the business money to pay insurance premiums? The company doesn't grow money on a ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 10:53 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,163
Thanks: 5,480
Thanked 5,952 Times in 4,064 Posts
Default Re: New leftwing ACA narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Where does the business money to pay insurance premiums? The company doesn't grow money on a tree for healthcare. Think man, you think maybe the company raises its prices enough to cover employee healthcare? Who pays those higher prices. Think real hard Dog man, I know you can do it.

OOPs sorry I wasn't paying attention, I thought I was talking to Dog Man.
Oh I can play this ****lng game. Where does the business money come from?.....hmmmm it comes from people that worked for some other business and got a paycheck and used it to buy a product.

This is chicken and egg bullshlt. The fact is that single payer will cost FAAAAAAAR more than we can fathom. To the point that everyone will have to give up much more than money.
Reply With Quote
  #102 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 10:55 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,299
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Re: New leftwing ACA narrative

Explain how exactly that will work. How will it cost more than we can fathom? Please explain, this statement truly makes no sense to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Oh I can play this ****lng game. Where does the business money come from?.....hmmmm it comes from people that worked for some other business and got a paycheck and used it to buy a product.

This is chicken and egg bullshlt. The fact is that single payer will cost FAAAAAAAR more than we can fathom. To the point that everyone will have to give up much more than money.
__________________
"I am the chosen one."

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #103 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,163
Thanks: 5,480
Thanked 5,952 Times in 4,064 Posts
Default Re: New leftwing ACA narrative

[quote=[B]Surly[/B];900479]The people of California are paying for all the healthcare in CA right now. Please explain how it will cost them more if you take out the insurance companies profits.



Talk to the people that did the study for Jerry Brown. We didn't make up that number. THREE TIMES THE ENTIRE STATE BUDGET SURLY

You need to take the Surly plan to Gov. Brown. and tell him how it's done.

Tell him your theory is science based.
Reply With Quote
  #104 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:01 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,163
Thanks: 5,480
Thanked 5,952 Times in 4,064 Posts
Default Re: New leftwing ACA narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Explain how exactly that will work. How will it cost more than we can fathom? Please explain, this statement truly makes no sense to me.
Duhhh, the California plan??????
Reply With Quote
  #105 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:30 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,299
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Re: New leftwing ACA narrative

What study are you talking about? Have a link?

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/23/...ee/?comments=1

California’s Senate passed legislation to create a first-in-the-nation single-payer universal health care system earlier this month, but it faces tough odds against a skeptical Assembly.

It also faces opposition from California’s Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown. “We’re hearing the governor is doing everything he can to make sure this never gets on his desk,” Paul Song, co-chair of single-payer advocacy group Campaign for a Healthy California, told the Sacramento Bee in early June.

Brown has complained that such a system would be too expensive in the recent past. “Where do you get the extra money?” Brown asked in a chat with reporters that took place in March. “This is the whole question. I don’t even get … how do you do that?”

As some have pointed out, the California single-payer legislation is actually a pretty good bargain. The efficiencies created from having one public insurer save a lot of money. The state would spend about 15 percent of its gross domestic product to achieve universal health care, which is 3 percentage points less than the United States as a whole currently spends for less-than-universal health care.

Brown himself once forcefully argued exactly that — that moving to a single-payer system would save money and cover everybody. It was a cornerstone of his unsuccessful 1992 bid for the Democratic presidential nomination.

In April of 1992, Brown passionately argued for this system in a debate with then-Arkansas Democratic Gov. Bill Clinton on the nationally-syndicated Phil Donahue Show.
__________________
"I am the chosen one."

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #106 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:43 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,163
Thanks: 5,480
Thanked 5,952 Times in 4,064 Posts
Default Re: New leftwing ACA narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
What study are you talking about? Have a link?

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/23/...ee/?comments=1

California’s Senate passed legislation to create a first-in-the-nation single-payer universal health care system earlier this month, but it faces tough odds against a skeptical Assembly.

It also faces opposition from California’s Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown. “We’re hearing the governor is doing everything he can to make sure this never gets on his desk,” Paul Song, co-chair of single-payer advocacy group Campaign for a Healthy California, told the Sacramento Bee in early June.

Brown has complained that such a system would be too expensive in the recent past. “Where do you get the extra money?” Brown asked in a chat with reporters that took place in March. “This is the whole question. I don’t even get … how do you do that?”

As some have pointed out, the California single-payer legislation is actually a pretty good bargain. The efficiencies created from having one public insurer save a lot of money. The state would spend about 15 percent of its gross domestic product to achieve universal health care, which is 3 percentage points less than the United States as a whole currently spends for less-than-universal health care.

Brown himself once forcefully argued exactly that — that moving to a single-payer system would save money and cover everybody. It was a cornerstone of his unsuccessful 1992 bid for the Democratic presidential nomination.

In April of 1992, Brown passionately argued for this system in a debate with then-Arkansas Democratic Gov. Bill Clinton on the nationally-syndicated Phil Donahue Show.



See post #92 Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the 15% of GDP for universal health care is something different than single payer. Do you know what the total GDP of California is?
Reply With Quote
  #107 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:49 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,299
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Re: New leftwing ACA narrative

From the article you referred me to. The problem California is facing is the transition period.

Most California families and businesses, the University of Massachusetts study said, would pay less for health care than they do now, even with the new taxes, because they would no longer pay premiums, deductibles or co-pays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
See post #92 Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the 15% of GDP for universal health care is something different than single payer. Do you know what the total GDP of California is?
__________________
"I am the chosen one."

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #108 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:53 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,163
Thanks: 5,480
Thanked 5,952 Times in 4,064 Posts
Default Re: New leftwing ACA narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
See post #92 Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the 15% of GDP for universal health care is something different than single payer. Do you know what the total GDP of California is?


California's GDP is 2.3 Trillion dollars 15% is the 400 billion extra the state would have to come up with.

Where will that come from?

The entire state budget is less than half of that.
Reply With Quote
  #109 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:56 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,299
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Re: New leftwing ACA narrative

How much does the state of California spend now? That is where it comes from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
California's GDP is 2.3 Trillion dollars 15% is the 400 billion extra the state would have to come up with.

Where will that come from?

The entire state budget is less than half of that.
__________________
"I am the chosen one."

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #110 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 12:10 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,163
Thanks: 5,480
Thanked 5,952 Times in 4,064 Posts
Default Re: New leftwing ACA narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
How much does the state of California spend now? That is where it comes from.
Or for the love of God! It is an extra 400 BILLION DOLLARS more than they spend now. AND THAT IS ONLY THE FIRST YEAR!!

You tell me who will come up with that money? How much would they have to raise taxes? or How much will they have to raise the cost of health care?

I'll tell ya how much, 400 BILLION DOLLARS! That's why they are saying they don't know how they will pay for it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
aca, leftwing, narrative, new

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0