Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > ObamaCare
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ObamaCare Discuss Will final health care deal match Trump's campaign pitch? at the General Forum; Will final health care deal match Trump's campaign pitch? Catherine Lucey, Associated Press,Associated Press 1 hour 21 minutes ago Comments ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2017, 09:43 PM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,223
Thanks: 1,853
Thanked 4,267 Times in 3,193 Posts
Default Will final health care deal match Trump's campaign pitch?

Quote:
Will final health care deal match Trump's campaign pitch?
Catherine Lucey, Associated Press,Associated Press 1 hour 21 minutes ago
Comments Like Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email

WASHINGTON (AP) -- With time running out to get votes for the Republican plan to repeal and replace "Obamacare," President Donald Trump has shown he's willing to make a deal. But could he wind up with a plan that doesn't line up with some other campaign promises?

As the tumultuous talks dragged on Thursday, one demand from lawmakers in the conservative Freedom Caucus was removing the federal mandate under Obamacare that insurers cover such basic services as prescription drugs,
Whoaaaa that really screws moi. That is one of the main reasons I have insurance. I take 7 pills aday. At retail it would be around $500 - 700 per mnth.

Quote:
White House spokesman Sean Spicer said that currently "people are paying for benefits that neither they, their spouse, their family needs."
Well what do you think insurance is bright eyes?

Any hows here is the link:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/f...205729897.html
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2017, 10:50 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,918
Thanks: 7,019
Thanked 9,789 Times in 5,575 Posts
Default Re: Will final health care deal match Trump's campaign pitch?

NOPE. And I think he has stepped back from what Ryan and his buddies have made.
Because it stinks.

We'll see Friday afternoon.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2017, 10:53 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,544
Thanks: 2,021
Thanked 32,232 Times in 18,799 Posts
Default Re: Will final health care deal match Trump's campaign pitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
NOPE. And I think he has stepped back from what Ryan and his buddies have made.
Because it stinks.
Agreed...

This is nothing more than a lighter shade of dogcrap...The establishment Republicans have turned their back on their own pre-election rhetoric...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2017, 04:41 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: Will final health care deal match Trump's campaign pitch?

What happened is that they ran into the voters who decided they didn't want to screw themselves for partisan sake. People caught on real quick that Ryan wants to let insurers write the rules and that they would pay. And the huge tax break for the rich didn't help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Agreed...

This is nothing more than a lighter shade of dogcrap...The establishment Republicans have turned their back on their own pre-election rhetoric...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeyy For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2017, 09:21 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,530
Thanks: 8,390
Thanked 9,090 Times in 5,598 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Will final health care deal match Trump's campaign pitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
Whoaaaa that really screws moi. That is one of the main reasons I have insurance. I take 7 pills aday. At retail it would be around $500 - 700 per mnth.



Well what do you think insurance is bright eyes?

Any hows here is the link:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/f...205729897.html
The amendment to the bill would make the Obamacare 10 essential benefits optional. Naturally hysterical Democrats and their media enablers proclaim this the end of prescription drug coverage, it is not. It is the removal of Obamacare one size fits all coverage.

Obamacare depended on healthy people paying for coverage they cannot use such as prescription drug coverage for people with no medical conditions that require prescription drugs. If amended to remove these requirements, the bill would allow people to pick and choose the coverage they want and need.

Please explain, bright eyes, why people shouldn't be allowed to choose their own medical insurance benefits instead of a Federal bureaucrat proclaiming they must buy coverage they will never be able to use.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2017, 09:23 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,918
Thanks: 7,019
Thanked 9,789 Times in 5,575 Posts
Default Re: Will final health care deal match Trump's campaign pitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
What happened is that they ran into the voters who decided they didn't want to screw themselves for partisan sake. People caught on real quick that Ryan wants to let insurers write the rules and that they would pay. And the huge tax break for the rich didn't help.
For once I tend to agree with you. So my next task will be to check that planetary orbits have not altered this morning.


The people who voted for President Trump, and for the GOP leadership, were promised revocation of Obamacare. This Ryan crap simply isn't what they were promised.

Then they were promised a roll back to free market system based on pre-Obamacare principles within the Health industry. And solutions for the real issues of that system.
Insurers could write policies consistent with market needs, not social justice. And competition across State lines.

Even some of the mandates stay in place, well sorta.


And it makes no improvements in the delivery of health care. Which was, in 2009 and yet today, the core issue.
President Trump Promised a "Beautiful "Plan. This isn't.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2017, 11:07 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: Will final health care deal match Trump's campaign pitch?

They never had a plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Agreed...

This is nothing more than a lighter shade of dogcrap...The establishment Republicans have turned their back on their own pre-election rhetoric...
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2017, 11:59 PM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,223
Thanks: 1,853
Thanked 4,267 Times in 3,193 Posts
Default Re: Will final health care deal match Trump's campaign pitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
The amendment to the bill would make the Obamacare 10 essential benefits optional. Naturally hysterical Democrats and their media enablers proclaim this the end of prescription drug coverage, it is not. It is the removal of Obamacare one size fits all coverage.

Obamacare depended on healthy people paying for coverage they cannot use such as prescription drug coverage for people with no medical conditions that require prescription drugs. If amended to remove these requirements, the bill would allow people to pick and choose the coverage they want and need.

Please explain, bright eyes, why people shouldn't be allowed to choose their own medical insurance benefits instead of a Federal bureaucrat proclaiming they must buy coverage they will never be able to use.
Fine have your cafeteria plan. But when sh*t hits the wall and you get some kind of cancer, heart disease,virus, bacteria I will still back up the medical abilities to execute a plan of action whereas morbidity levels are not suffering.
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
campaign, care, deal, final, health, match, pitch, trump, will

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0