Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > ObamaCare
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ObamaCare Discuss Government Seeking Inclusion of ‘Social and Behavioral’ Data in Health Records at the General Forum; The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) wants to require health care providers to include “social and behavioral” data ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2013, 10:27 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,745
Thanks: 14,594
Thanked 13,710 Times in 9,094 Posts
Default Government Seeking Inclusion of ‘Social and Behavioral’ Data in Health Records

Quote:
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) wants to require health care providers to include “social and behavioral” data in Electronic Health Records (EHR) and to link patient’s records to public health departments, it was announced last week.

Health care experts say the proposal raises additional privacy concerns over Americans’ personal health information, on top of worries that the Obamacare “data hub” could lead to abuse by bureaucrats and identify theft.

The CMS currently covers 100 million people through Medicare, Medicaid, and the Children’s Hospital Insurance Program and is tasked with running Obamacare.
Government Seeking Inclusion of ?Social and Behavioral? in Health Records | Washington Free Beacon

No amount of government intrusion into your private life is too much for the left. They embrace this **** as being good for the collective.
__________________
I see a whole army of my countrymen, here in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as free men... and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom?

William Wallace
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrLiberty For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2013, 10:48 AM
40yearfan's Avatar
Easy Living
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,730
Thanks: 2,490
Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,582 Posts
Default Re: Government Seeking Inclusion of ‘Social and Behavioral’ Data in Health Records

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Government Seeking Inclusion of ?Social and Behavioral? in Health Records | Washington Free Beacon

No amount of government intrusion into your private life is too much for the left. They embrace this **** as being good for the collective.
According to them, the federal government needs to take care of everybody. That way, they can abdicate their own personal responsibility and blame everyone else for their failures. Talk about a copout.
__________________
__________________________________________
We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 40yearfan For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2013, 10:58 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: in the natural state
Posts: 55,223
Thanks: 40,465
Thanked 20,566 Times in 14,298 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Government Seeking Inclusion of ‘Social and Behavioral’ Data in Health Records

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Government Seeking Inclusion of ?Social and Behavioral? in Health Records | Washington Free Beacon

No amount of government intrusion into your private life is too much for the left. They embrace this **** as being good for the collective.
why I take this story with a grain of salt:
__________________
"The very concept of objective truth is fading out of the world. Lies will pass into history."
-George Orwell

Last edited by saltwn; 01-21-2014 at 10:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2013, 08:27 PM
CindyB's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,661
Thanks: 2,821
Thanked 1,844 Times in 1,187 Posts
Default Re: Government Seeking Inclusion of ‘Social and Behavioral’ Data in Health Records

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
why I take this story with a grain of salt:
I see you don't have much. No surprise there.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=0

Is a government website enough for you Salty? This is where the OP got it's info as there is a link in the OP article.
__________________
America where "rich people", who pay 86% of all Income Taxes, are accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any Income taxes at all.

Last edited by CindyB; 09-14-2013 at 08:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2013, 08:58 PM
dabateman's Avatar
Common Sense-Common Good
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 15,625
Thanks: 2,051
Thanked 8,181 Times in 4,773 Posts
Default Re: Government Seeking Inclusion of ‘Social and Behavioral’ Data in Health Records

I have a logical question.

Social and Behavioral information is often used in medical diagnosis. Why would this NOT be included in medical records?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash
You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Surly's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,562
Thanks: 764
Thanked 874 Times in 674 Posts
Default Re: Government Seeking Inclusion of ‘Social and Behavioral’ Data in Health Records

This has been floating around the conservobot blogoshpere for a week or so now, I have seen it several places lately. I have not seen a single question listed by these conservatives that were inappropriate question to ask someone during a complete H&P. If your doctors dont ask these questions because they dont have time, you need to run (not walk) out and get new doctors. It is their job to ask these questions.

The RW's resistance to EMR's is laughable. Prior to EMR's in the ER we often had to treat patients with absolutely no idea of their medical history, until hours later some clerk in some hospital could walk down in the basement and find the chart and fax it to us, that is if it wasnt sitting in some doctors office somewhere or burned in a fire or left at a fast food joint were the doctor was charting, or something. This fear of EMR's is simply the conservatives being skeered of an inevitable change by far for the good. It is kinda a shame these people would use this to scare you.

I do have a suggestion, if you have a new doctor that thoughtfully and completely does his job and attempts to complete an accurate history and physical just make up stuff. That will fix him and Obama.

Also, if he tries to really do his/her job and determine your end of life wishes keep in mind he is just collecting that info for the death panels.

It is almost no fun trying to discuss this stuff with RWers anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Surly's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,562
Thanks: 764
Thanked 874 Times in 674 Posts
Default Re: Government Seeking Inclusion of ‘Social and Behavioral’ Data in Health Records

Dont try to make them think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabateman View Post
I have a logical question.

Social and Behavioral information is often used in medical diagnosis. Why would this NOT be included in medical records?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 8,966
Thanks: 3,101
Thanked 3,552 Times in 2,403 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Government Seeking Inclusion of ‘Social and Behavioral’ Data in Health Records

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
This has been floating around the conservobot blogoshpere for a week or so now, I have seen it several places lately. I have not seen a single question listed by these conservatives that were inappropriate question to ask someone during a complete H&P. If your doctors dont ask these questions because they dont have time, you need to run (not walk) out and get new doctors. It is their job to ask these questions.

The RW's resistance to EMR's is laughable. Prior to EMR's in the ER we often had to treat patients with absolutely no idea of their medical history, until hours later some clerk in some hospital could walk down in the basement and find the chart and fax it to us, that is if it wasnt sitting in some doctors office somewhere or burned in a fire or left at a fast food joint were the doctor was charting, or something. This fear of EMR's is simply the conservatives being skeered of an inevitable change by far for the good. It is kinda a shame these people would use this to scare you.

I do have a suggestion, if you have a new doctor that thoughtfully and completely does his job and attempts to complete an accurate history and physical just make up stuff. That will fix him and Obama.

Also, if he tries to really do his/her job and determine your end of life wishes keep in mind he is just collecting that info for the death panels.

It is almost no fun trying to discuss this stuff with RWers anymore.
Yes comrade every aspect of your life is legitimately part of the State interest to be used as unelected Federal bureaucrats see fit. Of course without question only those opposed to the public interest would question the all knowing political apparatchiks.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Surly's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,562
Thanks: 764
Thanked 874 Times in 674 Posts
Default Re: Government Seeking Inclusion of ‘Social and Behavioral’ Data in Health Records

Maybe you should press for stone tablets.

If you understood enough, you would be embarrassing yourself. But you dont...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Yes comrade every aspect of your life is legitimately part of the State interest to be used as unelected Federal bureaucrats see fit. Of course without question only those opposed to the public interest would question the all knowing political apparatchiks.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2013, 05:32 PM
CindyB's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,661
Thanks: 2,821
Thanked 1,844 Times in 1,187 Posts
Default Re: Government Seeking Inclusion of ‘Social and Behavioral’ Data in Health Records

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Maybe you should press for stone tablets.

If you understood enough, you would be embarrassing yourself. But you dont...
Go ahead and blab any and all info about yourself that you want to Surly.
I know you feel you are sooooo important but really you aren't.

No one, not the govt, not anyone needs to know my private, personal info and they won't because I will refuse to answer their stupid question because that is my right.
__________________
America where "rich people", who pay 86% of all Income Taxes, are accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any Income taxes at all.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
and, behavioral’, data, government, health, inclusion, records, seeking, ‘social

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0