Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Still in the fight at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop 1. He was totally unqualified for the job and an amoral cretin and he governed that ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2021, 12:02 PM
OldMercsRule's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Metro Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,263
Thanks: 956
Thanked 328 Times in 244 Posts
Default Re: Still in the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
1. He was totally unqualified for the job and an amoral cretin and he governed that way from his first day in office, viewing the job as a vehicle for settling his own petty grievances and protecting his reputation, instead of actually helping people. And even if he had done a decent job as president, it was all completely undone by his refusal to accept defeat and attempted coup. He's a traitor to the US Constitutional form of government.

2. He's not Trump
And you call me an idiot... burp...
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2021, 12:38 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,759
Thanks: 10,535
Thanked 8,910 Times in 5,865 Posts
Default Re: Still in the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
1. He was totally unqualified for the job and an amoral cretin and he governed that way from his first day in office, viewing the job as a vehicle for settling his own petty grievances and protecting his reputation, instead of actually helping people. And even if he had done a decent job as president, it was all completely undone by his refusal to accept defeat and attempted coup. He's a traitor to the US Constitutional form of government.

2. He's not Trump

Ok, so all you have is the fact that Trump was not a career politician? You don't like his personality, and he contested the results, like the left did with last three presidential elections. Is that it?

Are you able to respond to Cindy B's list of Trump accomplishments?

A non-answer will prove you are not.
__________________
Political Correctness, is Fascism masquerading as manners - George Carlin.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2021, 02:16 PM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,807
Thanks: 12
Thanked 606 Times in 548 Posts
Default Re: Still in the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
Just what I thought, nothing specific

Under Trump
lowest unemployment rate for Blacks, Hispanic's and Asians
This is one of the claims that always cracks me up when I see people say that it's some big Trump accomplishment. African American unemployment dropped by over 9 percentage points under Obama and and additional 1.4 percentage points under Trump, before spiking by ten points and ending up higher when Trump left office than when he took office. But, sure, pretend that that's some sort of big accomplishment. Even ignoring the disaster of Trump final year in office, if you think that Trump's average annual reduction in African American unemployment over his first three years (0.43 percentage points) is some big accomplishment, then you must think that Obama was a miracle worker (annual average reduction of 1.1 percentage points).
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2021, 06:11 PM
Dave1's Avatar
...Fair and Balanced...
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,821
Thanks: 4,598
Thanked 5,764 Times in 3,386 Posts
Default Re: Still in the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Baghdad Bob agrees with you.
Actually, it's Bagdad Bob Trump types that believe the election fraud lie....


That moniker fits them like a glove....
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2021, 06:53 PM
OldMercsRule's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Metro Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,263
Thanks: 956
Thanked 328 Times in 244 Posts
Default Re: Still in the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
Actually, it's Bagdad Bob Trump types that believe the election fraud lie....


That moniker fits them like a glove....
You are obviously Bagdad Bob: Dave1. burp...


Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft... breathe deep...
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2021, 10:43 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,759
Thanks: 10,535
Thanked 8,910 Times in 5,865 Posts
Default Re: Still in the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
This is one of the claims that always cracks me up when I see people say that it's some big Trump accomplishment. African American unemployment dropped by over 9 percentage points under Obama and and additional 1.4 percentage points under Trump, before spiking by ten points and ending up higher when Trump left office than when he took office. But, sure, pretend that that's some sort of big accomplishment. Even ignoring the disaster of Trump final year in office, if you think that Trump's average annual reduction in African American unemployment over his first three years (0.43 percentage points) is some big accomplishment, then you must think that Obama was a miracle worker (annual average reduction of 1.1 percentage points).
We were beat over the head by the MSM everyday saying that Trump was a White Supremist/Racist. How then, was he able to drop the number BELOW the first black president?

If you remember, the markets and unemployment were trending poorly before Trump was elected, so it wasn't something that came from the Obama regime.

Thank you for discussing ONE of the 32 listed accomplishments that Cindy B provided.
__________________
Political Correctness, is Fascism masquerading as manners - George Carlin.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2021, 11:40 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,807
Thanks: 12
Thanked 606 Times in 548 Posts
Default Re: Still in the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
If you remember, the markets and unemployment were trending poorly before Trump was elected, so it wasn't something that came from the Obama regime.
This is false. If anything, the rate of improvement in unemployment slowed down considerably under Trump (it fell 3.3 percentage points in Obama's second term and only 1.2 points in Trump's first three years (before skyrocketing)).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fight, still, the

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0