Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Terrorist Maga Thugs attempt Coup at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Manitou If the next person is Biden, the only job that will get underway is the destruction ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2021, 04:02 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 85,007
Thanks: 56,370
Thanked 26,593 Times in 19,072 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Terrorist Maga Thugs attempt Coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
If the next person is Biden, the only job that will get underway is the destruction of America. Biden and the rest of the money-hungry SOBs kissing China's ass have only one thing on their agenda--get as rich as they can via the American citizens.

May they all burn in Hell.
the next maga leader may be one of the yale or harvard lawyer senators or congressmen who back this despot.
__________________
Prince Phillip was one of the last of that greatest generation who kept the peace and built Western liberal freedom. ~Scott Morrison, PM Australia
Reply With Quote
  #62 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2021, 04:06 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 85,007
Thanks: 56,370
Thanked 26,593 Times in 19,072 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Terrorist Maga Thugs attempt Coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
i just finished listening to Trump's whole speech before the crowd went to the capitol. Yes he talked about the election discrepancies but
No one could honestly construe what he said into "attack the capitol".

Obviously there were plenty of knuckle heads that were already angry.
But to lay the blame at Trump's words prior doesn't seem honest.

I feel like its similar to the false charges laid at Obama's feet for the riots during his time. Obama and Trump simply agreed with the grievances already in the air. Obama OVERTLY called for peaceful actions over and over. Trump never promoted violence in this case.

As far as him calling anyone who forced there way into the capitol "patriots" AFTER THE FACT, that is scumbagery. but I'd still need to see the tape myself.
But since he broad brushed the people in Charlottesville as "good people" as well. I wouldn't be surprised.

But it's a WASTE of time and effort to make all kinds of legal moves. If many on the left are SO concerned about "the country" ignore this guy and get to work doing some good. He's gone in 2 weeks.
Are the New CiC and Dem Congress going to do the $2000 stimulus?
Are they going to do medicaid for all?
Are they going to bring home more troops than Trump?
Are they going to let people go back to work, create more jobs to get the economy going again?
somehow i expect none of that to get done.
I predict we'll just get more censorship more mass surveillance, some gender and sexual orientation rules crammed down our throats, more abortions, and a handful of useless/counterproductive green regs and more dem legislators getting rich. (some of their family members becoming consultants to foreign companies.)

And maybe they'll try to force people to take meds we don't want. while still keeping pot illegal and the drug war going.
If not some BS war with "Russia!" unless of course the dems didn't really mean what they said about Russia.

Sorry but I see NO upside to the dems being in power
just the day before he 'knows how you feel...love you...'
and tweeted to come and march 'it's gonna be wild'
and he lied that he called guard out. he refused, and two hours into it Pence, Schumer and Hoyer called up the guard.
He's a F ing LIAR and a seditious lout.
and I'm sure putin and all our enemies were happy about it. they've been criticizing democracy for years. Trump just gave their criticism legitimacy
__________________
Prince Phillip was one of the last of that greatest generation who kept the peace and built Western liberal freedom. ~Scott Morrison, PM Australia
Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2021, 04:17 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 85,007
Thanks: 56,370
Thanked 26,593 Times in 19,072 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Terrorist Maga Thugs attempt Coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
And PRECISELY WHERE, did Trump tell the people at the rally to storm the capitol?...

The answer is, of course, that he didn't...

The difference is when a Democrat spews violent rhetoric, it gets reinterpreted as "Let's pet puppies!!!!!", and when Trump says "I drink diet soda.", it gets reinterpreted as "Kill everyone in your vicinity!!!!!"...

This is the same bullsh*t (on a much higher level) as when the Lefty media (and many Democrats) accused Sarah Palin of inciting Jared Loughner to shoot U.S. Representative Gabby Giffords...


Because...that's...all...the...Left...knows...what ...to...do...
you're kidding right? this is serious and as for gabby gifford, if idiots didn't believe the big ad campaign from the head of National Rifle Association, making them paranoid all the time, the freaks wouldn't jump out of the woodwork guns a blazin.'
this Trump has been leading hooligans and those brainwashed masses for 5+ years now with his bull, collecting 'donations'.
ever since BEFORE the vote was finished he started with the fraud bull sht. and built it up at his rallies and on social media, embraced Q anon and proud boys, paramilitary groups.
Oh yeah he's a fricken traitor to this country. stupid or not.
I'll tell ya another thing ted cruz has been colecting donations with this bulswill.
I truthfully believe they both along with the rioters should be tried, and when found guilty lined up against a wall in front of a federal firing squad.
__________________
Prince Phillip was one of the last of that greatest generation who kept the peace and built Western liberal freedom. ~Scott Morrison, PM Australia
Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2021, 06:33 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,151
Thanks: 10,105
Thanked 7,434 Times in 4,245 Posts
Default Re: Terrorist Maga Thugs attempt Coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
i just finished listening to Trump's whole speech before the crowd went to the capitol. Yes he talked about the election discrepancies but
No one could honestly construe what he said into "attack the capitol".

Obviously there were plenty of knuckle heads that were already angry.
But to lay the blame at Trump's words prior doesn't seem honest.

I feel like its similar to the false charges laid at Obama's feet for the riots during his time. Obama and Trump simply agreed with the grievances already in the air. Obama OVERTLY called for peaceful actions over and over. Trump never promoted violence in this case.

As far as him calling anyone who forced there way into the capitol "patriots" AFTER THE FACT, that is scumbagery. but I'd still need to see the tape myself.
But since he broad brushed the people in Charlottesville as "good people" as well. I wouldn't be surprised.

But it's a WASTE of time and effort to make all kinds of legal moves. If many on the left are SO concerned about "the country" ignore this guy and get to work doing some good. He's gone in 2 weeks.
Are the New CiC and Dem Congress going to do the $2000 stimulus?
Are they going to do medicaid for all?
Are they going to bring home more troops than Trump?
Are they going to let people go back to work, create more jobs to get the economy going again?
somehow i expect none of that to get done.
I predict we'll just get more censorship more mass surveillance, some gender and sexual orientation rules crammed down our throats, more abortions, and a handful of useless/counterproductive green regs and more dem legislators getting rich. (some of their family members becoming consultants to foreign companies.)

And maybe they'll try to force people to take meds we don't want. while still keeping pot illegal and the drug war going.
If not some BS war with "Russia!" unless of course the dems didn't really mean what they said about Russia.

Sorry but I see NO upside to the dems being in power
I agree with much of what you posted. However, you disappoint me with the reference to Charlottesville. As has been posted and proven many times on this forum, he immediately stated that the Nazis' and White supremacists where NOT who he was referring to and that they should be condemned.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2021, 06:54 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,344
Thanks: 7
Thanked 358 Times in 317 Posts
Default Re: Terrorist Maga Thugs attempt Coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
i just finished listening to Trump's whole speech before the crowd went to the capitol. Yes he talked about the election discrepancies but
No one could honestly construe what he said into "attack the capitol".
That’s just willfully dishonest. He told a rabid crowd to “go wild” and “fight” for him. People have been indicted for inciting riots for less.
Reply With Quote
  #66 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2021, 06:58 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,344
Thanks: 7
Thanked 358 Times in 317 Posts
Default Re: Terrorist Maga Thugs attempt Coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
I agree with much of what you posted. However, you disappoint me with the reference to Charlottesville. As has been posted and proven many times on this forum, he immediately stated that the Nazis' and White supremacists where NOT who he was referring to and that they should be condemned.
Trump’s “very fine people” in Charlottesville are the alleged non-racists and non-nazis in this picture. The defense of his “very fine people” comments is and has always been complete bullshlt.

Reply With Quote
  #67 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2021, 08:34 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,566
Thanks: 11,583
Thanked 7,764 Times in 5,129 Posts
Default Re: Terrorist Maga Thugs attempt Coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
just the day before he 'knows how you feel...love you...'
So to you that translates to "attack the capitol"
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
and tweeted to come and march 'it's gonna be wild'
So to you that translates to "attack the capitol"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
and he lied that he called guard out. he refused, and two hours into it Pence, Schumer and Hoyer called up the guard. He's a F ing LIAR and a seditious lout.
Ok maybe so, And Trump has never lied before to try and make himself look better? Trump has told plenty of lies. Most of them weirdly self-serving but not illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
and I'm sure Putin and all our enemies were happy about it. they've been criticizing democracy for years. Trump just gave their criticism legitimacy
The world's view of the US is not as wonderful as we like to imagine, certainly not as rosy good as many American imagine ourselves to be.
I suspect Putin is face palming and getting a chuckling at this sad show.
and will try and make use of it, As he would anything. As we would against him.

But Putin's got no leg to stand on, seems he controls the media and kills his politically enemies and magically get "elected" for like 8-9? consecutive terms as president.

Who controls the media here in the U.S. ? Trump? Putin? the right?
think a bit outside the "situation room"
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 01-08-2021 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #68 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2021, 08:54 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,566
Thanks: 11,583
Thanked 7,764 Times in 5,129 Posts
Default Re: Terrorist Maga Thugs attempt Coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
That’s just willfully dishonest. He told a rabid crowd to “go wild” and “fight” for him. People have been indicted for inciting riots for less.
As i said I listened to the whole speech.
"go wild"? can you give time stamp and context for that?
"and fight"
so that translates to attack the capitol?

Sorry man I just don't see it.

Maybe some of the Trump crowd READ INTO IT the secret code just like you and many on the left are doing but any normal person wouldn't ASSUME he meant fight with violence.

He said FAR worse during the 1st campaign when he literally said -- by way of suggestion--- that "in the old days" people who disturbed political rallies got treated much more harshly. And yelled "get them outta here" and the like to his MAGA crowds. And told supporters that he'd pay their legal fees if they were charged with criminal violence.

The speech before the capitol the other day was FAR more tame.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #69 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2021, 08:54 AM
Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: near a california beach
Posts: 1,452
Thanks: 484
Thanked 732 Times in 546 Posts
Default Re: Terrorist Maga Thugs attempt Coup

I'd be willing to 'fry' Trump if he was the only prez who ever broke laws. I'm hoping our new President will do better. Best we can hope for in a country where money buys politicians. Maybe work towards getting money out of politics by making it illegal to buy politician. Look at Obama. Not a rich guy when he entered the white house. He's pretty wealthy now. Same with the clintons.
Reply With Quote
  #70 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2021, 09:11 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,566
Thanks: 11,583
Thanked 7,764 Times in 5,129 Posts
Default Re: Terrorist Maga Thugs attempt Coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
I agree with much of what you posted. However, you disappoint me with the reference to Charlottesville. As has been posted and proven many times on this forum, he immediately stated that the Nazis' and White supremacists where NOT who he was referring to and that they should be condemned.
Look, Trump's Charlottesville Reply only needs to be compared to his reply to the BLM and other protest.
"you start looting we start shooting"
Were there no "fine people" among the mixed into those crowds of protesters?

His official reply to Charlottesville was measured and conciliatory with a his condemnation of the Nazis and white supremacists muted again and again by various comments. And his tone is NEVER as harsh as the tone he takes against BLM or Kapernick or even Nancy Pelosi!

Sorry but his condemnation of Nazis, KKK and white supremacists comes across to me as perfunctory and obligatory. I like to hope it's sincere. But anyone who listens to him for a while finds out what he's REALLY Passionately against. and it's not Nazis, KKK and white supremacists . He passionately against "illegal aliens" Knelling at the national anthem", unfair trade with China and a host of the other things.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
attempt, coup, maga, terrorist, thugs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0