Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss It's all over but the crying, Joe Biden wins at the General Forum; Originally Posted by GetAClue CNN, NBC, MSNBC, et all, "All they news that they want you to know." Remember what ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2020, 09:14 PM
Jeerleader's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upper Bucks County, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,453
Thanks: 1,298
Thanked 2,065 Times in 950 Posts
Default Re: It's all over but the crying, Joe Biden wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
CNN, NBC, MSNBC, et all, "All they news that they want you to know."
Remember what Mika said???

Bemoaning Trump's undermining of the media and his ability to speak to the people, she's whines that it's the media's job to tell people how /what to think . . .
__________________
You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Reply With Quote
  #62 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2020, 11:15 PM
saltwn's Avatar
1966 Atlantic hurricane
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 85,045
Thanks: 56,378
Thanked 26,595 Times in 19,073 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: It's all over but the crying, Joe Biden wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
It truly amazes me just how many people think that Fox News is inappropriately tendentious--yet see no slant, whatsoever, to CNN or MSNBC.

Amazing. Simply amazing!
cnn, msnbc slant almost to the floor, and will fall for a fluke now and then, but dont lie and make up stuff. they are rich elite just like fox people. there's where the similarity ends.
what happens is someone will post a wild accusation or twisted words on twitter or some website.
rw websites that boast the are more mainstream will pick it up to give it a little credence. then fox news or rw radio will air it as fact. msn and cnn don't do that.
abc and cbs lean- to you -left, to me, in the middle like where moderates were years ago. you still have to check facts but fox is toxic. it actually does keep you less informed.
A lot of misinformation is directed by steve bannon and sinclair corporation owners and God knows who else. I'm sure oil lobbyists for the environment propaganda and you just have to run down some facts yourself. But stay away from the toxic ones. okeefe is another. he worked for andrew breitbart who was a genius at marketing ideas. sad that he chose immoral clients and used the modern conservative's mindset to do it.
I could tell when my relatives started doing only fox exclusively; they didn't know a lot of what was going on in the country.
You just can't believe that all Democrats are evil. It's not true.
And I'll bet you can't stand some politicians or outspoken individuals that the reason will boil down to a propaganda campaign against them.
Propaganda is nothing more than a big ad campaign. Why do you think people still use advertising? Because it doesn't work?
People in business didn't even know they could heavily influence a certain percentage of people to buy their product until Sigmund Freud.
His nephew was the first advertising executive. He influenced women to start smoking cigarettes by portraying them as more modern and free.
Prior to that it just wasn't a thing most women picked up.
__________________
my pilau pot and ground dat'l peppers are being shipped. Life is good.
Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2020, 11:20 PM
saltwn's Avatar
1966 Atlantic hurricane
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 85,045
Thanks: 56,378
Thanked 26,595 Times in 19,073 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: It's all over but the crying, Joe Biden wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
The only thing I saw when you posted in chat was Florida is still in play.
I think you have old info or the just have quit updating.
__________________
my pilau pot and ground dat'l peppers are being shipped. Life is good.
Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2020, 11:26 PM
saltwn's Avatar
1966 Atlantic hurricane
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 85,045
Thanks: 56,378
Thanked 26,595 Times in 19,073 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: It's all over but the crying, Joe Biden wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
Saw it reported on Stinchfield and it hit the other political boards I follow.

I never followed RCP for their calls.
even without Pennsylvania Biden is the presumptive nominee. election officials have assured us a recount in Georgia or Arizona would not turn enough votes to make a difference.
But he will still have won Pennsylvania too.
__________________
my pilau pot and ground dat'l peppers are being shipped. Life is good.
Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2020, 06:52 PM
Jeerleader's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upper Bucks County, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,453
Thanks: 1,298
Thanked 2,065 Times in 950 Posts
Default Re: It's all over but the crying, Joe Biden wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
The only thing I saw when you posted in chat was Florida is still in play.
I think you have old info or the just have quit updating.
I think the "rumor" (from what I've seen put out by Rudy) that RCP withdrew their call for PA and dropped Biden to 259 thus not the winner and was an exclamation point by proxy on the administration's statement that the media doesn't declare the winner.

The rumor was soon put down by the fact that RCP never called PA which also publicized that RCP only has Biden at 259 . . . again, out of the winner's circle.

It was a way of Trump's people impugning the media and their partisan, premature, propaganda call . . .

__________________
You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.

Last edited by Jeerleader; 11-10-2020 at 07:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeerleader For This Useful Post:
  #66 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2020, 07:15 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,909
Thanks: 13,958
Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,167 Posts
Default Re: It's all over but the crying, Joe Biden wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
cnn, msnbc slant almost to the floor, and will fall for a fluke now and then, but dont lie and make up stuff. they are rich elite just like fox people. there's where the similarity ends.
what happens is someone will post a wild accusation or twisted words on twitter or some website.
rw websites that boast the are more mainstream will pick it up to give it a little credence. then fox news or rw radio will air it as fact. msn and cnn don't do that.
That is a serious accusation.

Do you have some examples of Fox News picking up something from a right-wing website--and vouching for its veracity--when, in fact, it was untrue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
abc and cbs lean- to you -left, to me, in the middle like where moderates were years ago.
Yes, liberals would surely see the center-left as "the middle." No surprise there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
You just can't believe that all Democrats are evil.
I do not.

So that is certainly a strawman argument.
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #67 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2020, 09:15 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,909
Thanks: 13,958
Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,167 Posts
Default Re: It's all over but the crying, Joe Biden wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I doubt your Michigan sources because the cardboard problem has been disputed for a day or two.
What is there to "dispute"?

I saw it on television: photographs of people putting cardboard over the windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Also trump already went to court re Michigan to let watchers closer. judge ruled in his favor said they can be 6 feet away and if they want use binoculars.
And the ballot counters have refused to comply with the judge's order.

Do you see anything wrong with that?
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2020, 01:33 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,909
Thanks: 13,958
Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,167 Posts
Default Re: It's all over but the crying, Joe Biden wins

Oddly, RedState accuses GottaGo of "pure nastiness and hate"--when it is actually he who exhibits that, time and again.

This is typical of liberals: Accuse someone else of doing exactly what one is doing, oneself...
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2020, 01:45 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,909
Thanks: 13,958
Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,167 Posts
Default Re: It's all over but the crying, Joe Biden wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
You don't have to be a Democrat just never watch Foxnews again or listen to rw radio. Please.
Like most liberals, you seem to view Fox News as not merely wrongheaded, but downright toxic.

I would suggest that it is really much more fair and balanced than either of its major competitors: CNN and MSNBC.

During commercials, I typically switch over to these stations; and it is very interesting just what I see.

The guests are just about always somewhere between center-left and further left; and the only Republicans allowed on the shows are RINOs (what we used to call "Republicrats").

Fox News, on the other hand, is far more fair and balanced--just as it advertises itself.

(Note: I truly do not mind hearing from the other side; but when just about all the guests are just as I have described, and they are asked only softball questions--nothing much more controversial than,say, "What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?"--it does get a bit nauseating.)
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
all, biden, but, crying, joe, over, the, wins

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0