Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Herman Cain passed away..... at the General Forum; Originally Posted by saltwn when one is a pedophile known in that elite social circle. Keeping feeding yourself that idea... ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 07:05 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,260
Thanks: 11,464
Thanked 9,554 Times in 5,888 Posts
Default Re: Herman Cain passed away.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
when one is a pedophile known in that elite social circle.
Keeping feeding yourself that idea... anything you can to convince yourself of 'Orange Man Bad'.

Selective responses without context, shows your focus. How sad for you, child.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #72 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 10:51 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,367
Thanks: 6,932
Thanked 6,793 Times in 4,608 Posts
Default Re: Herman Cain passed away.....


Well there ya go! proof that Trump had sex with under age girls.

So if someone took your picture with someone that ended up being
a murderer, that would mean that you are a murderer too, correct?

I had a close friend that committed murder back in the early 80's
I didn't realize that made me a murderer also.
__________________
Appeasement, is feeding the crocodiles, hoping they will eat you last.
Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #73 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 12:02 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,376
Thanks: 9,017
Thanked 6,510 Times in 3,729 Posts
Default Re: Herman Cain passed away.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Well there ya go! proof that Trump had sex with under age girls.

So if someone took your picture with someone that ended up being
a murderer, that would mean that you are a murderer too, correct?

I had a close friend that committed murder back in the early 80's
I didn't realize that made me a murderer also.
Hey now. Don't start confusing Salty with logic. That may short circuit her brain.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #74 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 02:08 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,142
Thanks: 11,178
Thanked 7,288 Times in 4,890 Posts
Default Re: Herman Cain passed away.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
It is broadly true--but just too imprecise--to declare that Barry Goldwater was a "conservative" (as so many--on both sides of the aisle--are prone to do).

There are many different strains of conservatism; and one of those strains is libertarianism.

Yes, Barry Goldwater was a libertarian. And, like most of his fellow Westerners, he strongly wanted the federal government to keep away from the individual states--and especially the Western states.
Question for the right side of the class.
Is Trump a "Conservative"?
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
  #75 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 02:24 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,515
Thanks: 13,084
Thanked 4,666 Times in 3,000 Posts
Default Re: Herman Cain passed away.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
Question for the right side of the class.
Is Trump a "Conservative"?
That is actually a quite reasonable question.

Donald Trump is not a conservative in any historical understanding of the word.

However, he has made some appointments to the federal courts--and not just the SCOTUS, either--that would appear to place him in the "conservative" category.

And his handling of other matters--including (but not limited to) his somewhat recent confrontations with China and Russia (whom he engaged for too long, in my opinion--before seeing that his personal charm would just not turn things around), also appear to place him in the conservative category.

Perhaps he is best described as a conservative populist.

But I am really not doctrinaire on this point.
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:
  #76 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 02:28 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,376
Thanks: 9,017
Thanked 6,510 Times in 3,729 Posts
Default Re: Herman Cain passed away.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
Question for the right side of the class.
Is Trump a "Conservative"?
I don't believe that Trump is an ideologue by any stretch. However, he has decided to govern with a conservative slant. I have agreed with many, if not most, of his policy positions as I found them to be policies that a conservative would favor.

But I would echo pjohns conclusion that Trump could best be described as a conservative populist.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #77 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 02:38 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,260
Thanks: 11,464
Thanked 9,554 Times in 5,888 Posts
Default Re: Herman Cain passed away.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
Question for the right side of the class.
Is Trump a "Conservative"?
Not in the traditional sense.

He does seem to understand, however, that a balance needs to be restored from a 60 year creep to the left, to at least a moderate center, if America is to continue as the place it was intended to be.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #78 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 03:04 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,340
Thanks: 56,018
Thanked 26,474 Times in 18,967 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Herman Cain passed away.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Keeping feeding yourself that idea... anything you can to convince yourself of 'Orange Man Bad'.

Selective responses without context, shows your focus. How sad for you, child.
another case of cultishness? I posted links and pictures.
Donald trump, bill Clinton, and prince Andrew
fvcked under aged girls
facilitated by Epstein and Maxwell
what is so hard for you to get about that?

next you'll be saying Cosby is just misunderstood.
__________________
Khartoum has been facing heavy pressure and “blackmail” from the US administration to normalize relations with Israel in return for removing Sudan from the list of state sponsors of terrorism...~Jerusalem Post
Reply With Quote
  #79 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 03:16 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,340
Thanks: 56,018
Thanked 26,474 Times in 18,967 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Herman Cain passed away.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Not in the traditional sense.

He does seem to understand, however, that a balance needs to be restored from a 60 year creep to the left, to at least a moderate center, if America is to continue as the place it was intended to be.
we crept right for 40 of those years. didn't work. we're creeping back.
__________________
Khartoum has been facing heavy pressure and “blackmail” from the US administration to normalize relations with Israel in return for removing Sudan from the list of state sponsors of terrorism...~Jerusalem Post
Reply With Quote
  #80 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2020, 06:41 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,515
Thanks: 13,084
Thanked 4,666 Times in 3,000 Posts
Default Re: Herman Cain passed away.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
we crept right for 40 of those years. didn't work. we're creeping back.
For "40" of the past 60 years?

Certainly, under Ronald Reagan--and perhaps under both of the Bushes--but that totals only 20 years.

Even with Richard Nixon's time in office thrown in for good measure, that equals only about 25 1/2 years.

Now, would you say that we "crept right" for those eight years under Barack Obama?

Or for the four years under Jimmy Carter?

Or even for the eight years under Bill Clinton?

Oh, and I have not even mentioned those years typified by LBJ's "Great Society."

All in all, you have to be kidding...
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
away, cain, herman, passed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0