Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Mike Pence stands up to BLM racists by saying "All Lives Matter". at the General Forum; Originally Posted by jamesrage You obviously never met any racist if you think they believe and utter all lives matter. ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2020, 09:43 PM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,347
Thanks: 7
Thanked 359 Times in 318 Posts
Default Re: Mike Pence stands up to BLM racists by saying "All Lives Matter".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
You obviously never met any racist if you think they believe and utter all lives matter.
“All lives matter” sounds great in the abstract, but the intent, for someone who refuses to say “Black lives matter,” is to deny that Black lives deserve any particular attention. It’s a statement of denial of the racism Black Americans have and continue to face.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2020, 10:53 PM
saltwn's Avatar
1966 Atlantic hurricane
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 85,009
Thanks: 56,370
Thanked 26,593 Times in 19,072 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Mike Pence stands up to BLM racists by saying "All Lives Matter".

Quote:
Originally Posted by loboloco View Post
Already do so. But not by rioting and burning down my own neighborhood. Nor by claiming some special privilege just because of my ethnicity or income.
if you are white you already get special treatment.
i agree about not rioting but i also understand it.
__________________
Prince Phillip was one of the last of that greatest generation who kept the peace and built Western liberal freedom. ~Scott Morrison, PM Australia
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2020, 03:12 AM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,061
Thanks: 1,976
Thanked 2,107 Times in 1,267 Posts
Default Re: Mike Pence stands up to BLM racists by saying "All Lives Matter".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
“All lives matter” sounds great in the abstract, but the intent, for someone who refuses to say “Black lives matter,” is to deny that Black lives deserve any particular attention. It’s a statement of denial of the racism Black Americans have and continue to face.
The intent of saying all lives matter is to say all lives matter, not just black lives Nothing more nothing less.It is not a statement of denial of racism that black Americans face. Someone who is racist isn't going to utter "all lives matter" because the only lives that matter to them are their own races' lives. Heck racists are probably watching the George Floyd video eating popcorn and laughing their ass off at it.
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2020, 04:35 AM
saltwn's Avatar
1966 Atlantic hurricane
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 85,009
Thanks: 56,370
Thanked 26,593 Times in 19,072 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Mike Pence stands up to BLM racists by saying "All Lives Matter".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
The intent of saying all lives matter is to say all lives matter, not just black lives Nothing more nothing less.It is not a statement of denial of racism that black Americans face. Someone who is racist isn't going to utter "all lives matter" because the only lives that matter to them are their own races' lives. Heck racists are probably watching the George Floyd video eating popcorn and laughing their ass off at it.
brass tacks, we all need to face that there is a race problem in this country and begin to actually do something about it.
__________________
Prince Phillip was one of the last of that greatest generation who kept the peace and built Western liberal freedom. ~Scott Morrison, PM Australia
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2020, 08:03 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,574
Thanks: 11,587
Thanked 7,767 Times in 5,131 Posts
Default Re: Mike Pence stands up to BLM racists by saying "All Lives Matter".

Quote:
Originally Posted by loboloco View Post
The problem is that when people say "Black lives Matter", they mean only black lives matter.
That BS Lobo, sorry. but it is.
I suspect you won't believe it. but it's a simple fact.

But it's amazing that some people will accusingly point out all the various ways blacks lag behind in the U.S. with black mortality being high in various areas and complain that blacks aren't focusing on them or doing "anything" about those issues.
But when black's point to the ONE of the area's where it can be addressed from the gov't becasue the gov't is the perp and should be doing the opposite.
that suddenly WE ONLY care about blacks.

It's a lose lose situation.

Saying "that "Black lives Matter", they mean only black lives matter"
Is plain BS.
And it's the SAME BS line used by Pro-Choicers when they claim that Pro-lifer are ONLY concerned about the life of the child.
The babies are the one's being killed but the mother's are victims and accomplices as well. And at base the system that allows the murders needs reform.


And sadly when some folks say that "all lives matter" it seems they mean NOTHING needs to change. Becasue after they retort "All Lives matter " they support and make excuses for many police killings. And when they can't pretzel into any good excuses for murder or abuse they claim it's a "BAD Apple" and just want to deal with it as a one off. Deal with it In a system built to let them get away with it.
So "all lives matter" comes across as disingenuous in the face of the LACK of action to address any concerns.
While under the clear light that by-in-large well-to-do white people have historically not been the consistent victims of harassment, abuse and murder by police.


But hey, whatever some folks can't see it that way.
Black lives matter means white's don't, sure.
And Obama was going to killed all the white people and give everything to blacks... and the Muslims too i remember. It was so obvious,

sigh

God help us all
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 06-21-2020 at 08:09 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2020, 10:19 AM
Scholar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,895
Thanks: 389
Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,314 Posts
Default Re: Mike Pence stands up to BLM racists by saying "All Lives Matter".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
That BS Lobo, sorry. but it is.
I suspect you won't believe it. but it's a simple fact.

But it's amazing that some people will accusingly point out all the various ways blacks lag behind in the U.S. with black mortality being high in various areas and complain that blacks aren't focusing on them or doing "anything" about those issues.
But when black's point to the ONE of the area's where it can be addressed from the gov't becasue the gov't is the perp and should be doing the opposite.
that suddenly WE ONLY care about blacks.

It's a lose lose situation.

Saying "that "Black lives Matter", they mean only black lives matter"
Is plain BS.
And it's the SAME BS line used by Pro-Choicers when they claim that Pro-lifer are ONLY concerned about the life of the child.
The babies are the one's being killed but the mother's are victims and accomplices as well. And at base the system that allows the murders needs reform.


And sadly when some folks say that "all lives matter" it seems they mean NOTHING needs to change. Becasue after they retort "All Lives matter " they support and make excuses for many police killings. And when they can't pretzel into any good excuses for murder or abuse they claim it's a "BAD Apple" and just want to deal with it as a one off. Deal with it In a system built to let them get away with it.
So "all lives matter" comes across as disingenuous in the face of the LACK of action to address any concerns.
While under the clear light that by-in-large well-to-do white people have historically not been the consistent victims of harassment, abuse and murder by police.


But hey, whatever some folks can't see it that way.
Black lives matter means white's don't, sure.
And Obama was going to killed all the white people and give everything to blacks... and the Muslims too i remember. It was so obvious,

sigh

God help us all
Sorry, but it isn't BS. Police brutality is a problrm across all ethnicities. It needs to be addressed as across all ethnicities. Until you point out the protesters for those killed by police, but were white or asian, or amerind, or indian then it continues to be not BS.
The only thing the phrase "Black lives matter" conveys is the inherent racism of the speaker.
There are problems endemic to the black community, but unfortunately, the black community are the only people able to address them. Other ethnicities can't convince young black men from killing others. Or committing robbery, or going into the drug sale wholeheartedly. Only the leaders in the black communities can do that.
It is the same in the white or Asian, or Amerind communities. Only internal leadership can fix these problems.
Also, remember that anything referring only to race is inherently racist. Until all ethnicities deal with their own racism can they begin to address it from outside their ethnicity.
Addressing the issues that are plaguing the black community has to start internally. It doesn't mean that other ethnicities can't help.
One of the biggest problems is the deliberate lie that ALL LEO's are targeting blacks for harassment. Every study and all the statistics show it just isn't true. The perception that it occurs is true and is fostered by people who don't want blacks to enter the mainstream. If you want the LEO/black problem to stop, then you need training for the police and a perception change among thsoe claiming a false victimhood.

Last edited by loboloco; 06-21-2020 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: add thought.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2020, 10:51 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,347
Thanks: 7
Thanked 359 Times in 318 Posts
Default Re: Mike Pence stands up to BLM racists by saying "All Lives Matter".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
The intent of saying all lives matter is to say all lives matter, not just black lives Nothing more nothing less.It is not a statement of denial of racism that black Americans face. Someone who is racist isn't going to utter "all lives matter" because the only lives that matter to them are their own races' lives. Heck racists are probably watching the George Floyd video eating popcorn and laughing their ass off at it.
No, a lot of racists watch the Floyd and say that it’s horrible, but think it’s just one bad cop and not evidence of any systemic problem. It’s the same racist attitude that believes that there is no reason to single out Black people by saying “Black lives matter.”
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2020, 11:12 AM
Dave1's Avatar
...Fair and Balanced...
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,609
Thanks: 4,382
Thanked 5,535 Times in 3,270 Posts
Default Re: Mike Pence stands up to BLM racists by saying "All Lives Matter".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
“All lives matter” sounds great in the abstract, but the intent, for someone who refuses to say “Black lives matter,” is to deny that Black lives deserve any particular attention. It’s a statement of denial of the racism Black Americans have and continue to face.
You are right with that conclusion imo....

I agree....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave1 For This Useful Post:
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2020, 11:14 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,423
Thanks: 11,741
Thanked 9,808 Times in 6,003 Posts
Default Re: Mike Pence stands up to BLM racists by saying "All Lives Matter".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
No, a lot of racists watch the Floyd and say that it’s horrible, but think it’s just one bad cop and not evidence of any systemic problem. It’s the same racist attitude that believes that there is no reason to single out Black people by saying “Black lives matter.”
The problem is the abuse of power and authority by the police, regardless of skin color.

It happens to Black people, it happens to white people, and on and on. The common denominator is not the victim, but the perpetrator.

All lives do matter, and that is not racist.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2020, 11:17 AM
Dave1's Avatar
...Fair and Balanced...
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,609
Thanks: 4,382
Thanked 5,535 Times in 3,270 Posts
Default Re: Mike Pence stands up to BLM racists by saying "All Lives Matter".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
The problem is the abuse of power and authority by the police, regardless of skin color.

It happens to Black people, it happens to white people, and on and on. The common denominator is not the victim, but the perpetrator.

All lives do matter, and that is not racist.
It happens far more often to black people, that's just a fact....

Cops treat black people different than white people, another fact....

The proof of that is in the recordings with cell phones and body cams....

The internet has hundreds of examples to view for those who are still skeptical....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
all lives matter, blm, mike, pence, racists, saying, stands

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0