Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   News & Current Events (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/)
-   -   Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA warrant (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/58738-rosenstein-admits-russia-collusion-baseless-washes-hands-illegal-fisa-warrant.html)

mr wonder 06-05-2020 08:07 PM

Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA warrant
 
Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA warrants
Lindsey Graham: (35:02)
I am saying in January the 4th, 2017, the FBI had discounted Flynn, there was no evidence that Carter Page worked with the Russians, the dossier was a bunch of garbage and Papadopoulos is all over the place, not knowing he’s being recorded, denying working with the Russians, nobody’s ever been prosecuted for working with the Russians. The point is the whole concept that the campaign was colluding with the Russians, there was no there there in August, 2017. Do you agree with that general statement or not?
Rod Rosenstein: (35:39)
I agree with that general statement.
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...-investigation
Former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said on Wednesday that he would not have signed off on a final warrant application of former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page if he had known the information that would be in a watchdog report.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) asked Rosenstein if he, in retrospect, would have signed off on the final renewal of the Page warrant application knowing what he knows now.
"No, I would not," Rosenstein told members of the Judiciary Committee.
Rosenstein, who resigned from the Justice Department last year, signed off on the final warrant application into Page.
He was interviewed as part of Inspector General Michael Horowitz's report on the Page applications, where he found 17 significant errors and omissions in the initial warrant applications and subsequent follow-ups.
Horowitz’s report found that Rosenstein and other department officials “did not have accurate and complete information at the time they approved them.” link
Because the FBI and others were feeding him BS "intel".


Russiagate was BS from the start. the democrats and the MSM wasted time and embarrassed themselves. and the FBI and various portions of the Obama Admin have in fact committed unethical and likely criminal acts.

cnredd 06-06-2020 12:03 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 988753)
Russiagate was BS from the start. the democrats and the MSM wasted time and embarrassed themselves. and the FBI and various portions of the Obama Admin have in fact committed unethical and likely criminal acts.

Obviously...But I fear the "Deep State Wall" will be just as strong as the "Blue Wall"...:yes :(

saltwn 06-06-2020 02:46 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 988753)
Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA warrants
Lindsey Graham: (35:02)
I am saying in January the 4th, 2017, the FBI had discounted Flynn, there was no evidence that Carter Page worked with the Russians, the dossier was a bunch of garbage and Papadopoulos is all over the place, not knowing he’s being recorded, denying working with the Russians, nobody’s ever been prosecuted for working with the Russians. The point is the whole concept that the campaign was colluding with the Russians, there was no there there in August, 2017. Do you agree with that general statement or not?
Rod Rosenstein: (35:39)
I agree with that general statement.
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...-investigation
Former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said on Wednesday that he would not have signed off on a final warrant application of former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page if he had known the information that would be in a watchdog report.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) asked Rosenstein if he, in retrospect, would have signed off on the final renewal of the Page warrant application knowing what he knows now.
"No, I would not," Rosenstein told members of the Judiciary Committee.
Rosenstein, who resigned from the Justice Department last year, signed off on the final warrant application into Page.
He was interviewed as part of Inspector General Michael Horowitz's report on the Page applications, where he found 17 significant errors and omissions in the initial warrant applications and subsequent follow-ups.
Horowitz’s report found that Rosenstein and other department officials “did not have accurate and complete information at the time they approved them.” link
Because the FBI and others were feeding him BS "intel".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBDkqQpSENY

Russiagate was BS from the start. the democrats and the MSM wasted time and embarrassed themselves. and the FBI and various portions of the Obama Admin have in fact committed unethical and likely criminal acts.

Looks like Rosenstein knew nothing; FBI kept him in the dark:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ross...hrome&ie=UTF-8

so his saying there was or wasn't reasonable proof to further an investigation, was based on lack of knowledge of it.

Constant_Slothrop 06-06-2020 09:10 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
The problem remains the singular effort to make the non-legal and vaguely defined term “collusion” the be-all an end-all standard of corrupt behavior when it comes to Trump and the Russians.

If you focus instead on the facts, it remains true that Trump advisors repeatedly sought the assistance of the Russian government during the campaign, that the Russian government organized and implemented multiple criminal conspiracies to help Trump get elected, that the Trump campaign welcomed and used that criminal support during the campaign, that Trump and many of his top advisors lied about their interactions with and the crimes committed by the Russians and that Trump tried to block investigations of any of this. That’s profoundly corrupt, whatever term you choose to use to describe it.

mr wonder 06-06-2020 10:13 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988771)
The problem remains the singular effort to make the non-legal and vaguely defined term “collusion” the be-all an end-all standard of corrupt behavior when it comes to Trump and the Russians.

If you focus instead on the facts, it remains true that Trump advisors repeatedly sought the assistance of the Russian government during the campaign, that the Russian government organized and implemented multiple criminal conspiracies to help Trump get elected, that the Trump campaign welcomed and used that criminal support during the campaign, that Trump and many of his top advisors lied about their interactions with and the crimes committed by the Russians and that Trump tried to block investigations of any of this. That’s profoundly corrupt, whatever term you choose to use to describe it.

Here's an interview with Arron Matte leftwing nation mag reporter who focused on the facts. link link.
Also here's Glen Greenwald on the further FBI corruption Link
they breakdown every so-called fact you make.

as Van Jones said candidly russiagate is a "nothing burger"
always has been man.

Constant_Slothrop 06-06-2020 11:52 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 988773)
Here's an interview with Arron Matte leftwing nation mag reporter who focused on the facts. link link.
Also here's Glen Greenwald on the further FBI corruption Link
they breakdown every so-called fact you make.

as Van Jones said candidly russiagate is a "nothing burger"
always has been man.

Every fact I posted is true. Tell me what specific facts in my prior post are false.

(And, by the way, Van Jones has said repeatedly that the Russia investigation was serious and must be pursued, but that Democrats were expecting too much if they thought it would get Trump out of office. He’s been pretty clear that the comments he’s made were downplaying the effect, not the facts behind, the investigation.)

cnredd 06-06-2020 12:04 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988771)
The problem remains the singular effort to make the non-legal and vaguely defined term “collusion” the be-all an end-all standard of corrupt behavior when it comes to Trump and the Russians.

If you focus instead on the facts, it remains true that Trump advisors repeatedly sought the assistance of the Russian government during the campaign

False....

The allegations made by the Deep State were based on conversations between Trump's advisors and Russia AFTER the election...Which is something EVERY President-elect and their staff has done...:yes

The whole Flynn setup was based on conversations he had with the Russian ambassador starting on DECEMBER 22...Well over a month after the election and less than a month before inauguration...

Constant_Slothrop 06-06-2020 12:50 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 988782)
False....

The allegations made by the Deep State were based on conversations between Trump's advisors and Russia AFTER the election...Which is something EVERY President-elect and their staff has done...:yes

The whole Flynn setup was based on conversations he had with the Russian ambassador starting on DECEMBER 22...Well over a month after the election and less than a month before inauguration...

It’s like you people have collective amnesia or something. Does the phrase ”if it’s what you say, I love it” ring a bell?

cnredd 06-06-2020 01:03 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988783)
It’s like you people have collective amnesia or something. Does the phrase ”if it’s what you say, I love it” ring a bell?

Yes it does...and there is ZERO problems with having foreign reveal information on an American candidate...It wasn't the Russian GOVERNMENT...It was a Russian CITIZEN (a prosecutor who had connections through American music mogul Rob Goldstone)...And it was all a ruse anyway...There wasn't anything to it...

UNLIKE the Clinton Campaign paying for ACTUAL Russian misinformation from a foreigner (Steele ring a bell?)...:wave

Constant_Slothrop 06-06-2020 01:19 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 988784)
Yes it does...and there is ZERO problems with having foreign reveal information on an American candidate...It wasn't the Russian GOVERNMENT...It was a Russian CITIZEN (a prosecutor who had connections through American music mogul Rob Goldstone)...And it was all a ruse anyway...There wasn't anything to it...

UNLIKE the Clinton Campaign paying for ACTUAL Russian misinformation from a foreigner (Steele ring a bell?)...:wave

Uh, here’s part of the first email from Goldstone to Don Jr. (bold and italics added):

Quote:

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.
Here’s another in the string in which he tried to set up the specific Trump tower meeting:

Quote:

Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and The Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow for this Thursday.
What is it you were saying about the difference between the support of a government versus a citizen?

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017...r-full-emails/

cnredd 06-06-2020 01:53 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988786)
Uh, here’s part of the first email from Goldstone to Don Jr. (bold and italics added):



Here’s another in the string in which he tried to set up the specific Trump tower meeting:



What is it you were saying about the difference between the support of a government versus a citizen?

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017...r-full-emails/

Absolutely! She wasn't there on the Russian government behalf...She can SAY what she wants....I can say that France has the full support of Joe Biden right now....That's not illegal even if I talked to the president of France last Thursday...:no

And as was said before...Trump Jr. did NOT hear this from the prosecutor herself...Trump Jr. was talking to AMERICAN Rob Goldstone...Is Rob Goldstone the gold standard now? He said it, so it MUST be 100% true!!!!"...:rolls

I also notice no response to the part of my post about the Hillary campaign paying for ACTUAL Russian misinformation from a foreigner...I guess that's "different"...:yawn

Constant_Slothrop 06-06-2020 01:58 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 988787)
Absolutely! She wasn't there on the Russian government behalf...She can SAY what she wants....I can say that France has the full support of Joe Biden right now....That's not illegal even if I talked to the president of France last Thursday...:no

And as was said before...Trump Jr. did NOT hear this from the prosecutor herself...Trump Jr. was talking to AMERICAN Rob Goldstone...Is Rob Goldstone the gold standard now? He said it, so it MUST be 100% true!!!!"...:rolls

I also notice no response to the part of my post about the Hillary campaign paying for ACTUAL Russian misinformation from a foreigner...I guess that's "different"...:yawn

Man, you people are insane. Don Jr., in response to an email that offered official Russian government files on Hillary as part of “Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump,” said “if its what you say I love it,” and you still pretend that there were no contacts between the Trump campaign and the Russian government? Seriously?

GetAClue 06-08-2020 09:07 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
I had Russian salad dressing on my salad at supper last night. I guess I could be accused of colluding with the Russians now.:rofl2

cnredd 06-08-2020 01:13 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GetAClue (Post 988841)
I had Russian salad dressing on my salad at supper last night. I guess I could be accused of colluding with the Russians now.:rofl2

I wrestled on the same card as Ivan Koloff once...I'm now part of the conspiracy...:crazy

Constant_Slothrop 06-08-2020 02:24 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Funny how the purveyors of fake patriotism are so cavalier about attempts by a hostile foreign government to subvert a US election. If Iran had criminally intervened to try to elect Obama and Obama tried to use their intervention to help his campaign, something tells me you guys wouldn't be joking about it.

cnredd 06-08-2020 02:28 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988881)
Funny how the purveyors of fake patriotism are so cavalier about attempts by a hostile foreign government to subvert a US election.

You must be talking about the Obama Administration...They were the ones in charge when it all happened...:yes

GetAClue 06-08-2020 02:58 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988881)
Funny how the purveyors of fake patriotism are so cavalier about attempts by a hostile foreign government to subvert a US election. If Iran had criminally intervened to try to elect Obama and Obama tried to use their intervention to help his campaign, something tells me you guys wouldn't be joking about it.

With the Russian Hoax essentially being debunked at this point, there is really nothing to be concerned about. The joking around isn't about the actions of a hostile foreign government subverting our elections, it's about the radical, left wing, nut jobs that still buy into the hoax. :D

Constant_Slothrop 06-08-2020 03:42 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GetAClue (Post 988890)
With the Russian Hoax essentially being debunked at this point, there is really nothing to be concerned about. The joking around isn't about the actions of a hostile foreign government subverting our elections, it's about the radical, left wing, nut jobs that still buy into the hoax. :D

Nothing has been debunked. The facts are still as I posted earlier in this thread. Years from now, I’m fairly certain that the Trump campaign’s complicity in and attempts to cover up the Russian criminal interference in the election will generally be considered far more serious than Watergate, as it should be.

GetAClue 06-08-2020 04:39 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988893)
Nothing has been debunked. The facts are still as I posted earlier in this thread. Years from now, I’m fairly certain that the Trump campaign’s complicity in and attempts to cover up the Russian criminal interference in the election will generally be considered far more serious than Watergate, as it should be.

And yet with the FBI and rogue members of the DOJ turning over every rock and with numerous congressional hearings, no charges have been filed against anyone associated with the Trump campaign for any criminal activity in regards to the Russian Hoax.

Nice try, but once again, you failed miserably. Thanks for playing. :thumbsup

lurch907 06-08-2020 04:39 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988893)
Nothing has been debunked. The facts are still as I posted earlier in this thread. Years from now, I’m fairly certain that the Trump campaign’s complicity in and attempts to cover up the Russian criminal interference in the election will generally be considered far more serious than Watergate, as it should be.

Is the weather nice on your planet?
That horse is dead, buried, and rotted away, you can stop beating it now.
Your starting to look like those Kennedy assassination nutbars.

Constant_Slothrop 06-09-2020 05:43 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GetAClue (Post 988896)
And yet with the FBI and rogue members of the DOJ turning over every rock and with numerous congressional hearings, no charges have been filed against anyone associated with the Trump campaign for any criminal activity in regards to the Russian Hoax.

Nice try, but once again, you failed miserably. Thanks for playing. :thumbsup

More nonsensical goalpost shifting. Just because Mueller chose to follow DOJ policy against indicting a sitting president does not in any way, shape or form exonerate Trump. And the standard by which we should judge a president's ethical behavior is a hell of a lot higher than just the criminal code. We should demand a lot more of the president than that he not break the law. (And there have, in fact, been multiple criminal indictments of Trump officials associated with the Russian investigation.)

cnredd 06-09-2020 11:55 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988932)
More nonsensical goalpost shifting. Just because Mueller chose to follow DOJ policy against indicting a sitting president does not in any way, shape or form exonerate Trump.

What DOES exonerate Trump was an impeachment proceeding where ZERO CRIMES were accused...

Every single day up until impeachment from the Democrats and Media - "Trump's a criminal!!!!!!!! he should be impeached for his crimes!!!!!"

Impeachment day and after from the Democrats and Media - "Hey! Trump didn't have to commit any crimes to be impeached!!!!!"

:yawn

saltwn 06-10-2020 12:01 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 988940)
What DOES exonerate Trump was an impeachment proceeding where ZERO CRIMES were accused...

Every single day up until impeachment from the Democrats and Media - "Trump's a criminal!!!!!!!! he should be impeached for his crimes!!!!!"

Impeachment day and after from the Democrats and Media - "Hey! Trump didn't have to commit any crimes to be impeached!!!!!"

:yawn

abuse of power and obstruction of Congress are not crimes?

Constant_Slothrop 06-10-2020 12:21 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 988940)
What DOES exonerate Trump was an impeachment proceeding where ZERO CRIMES were accused...

Every single day up until impeachment from the Democrats and Media - "Trump's a criminal!!!!!!!! he should be impeached for his crimes!!!!!"

Impeachment day and after from the Democrats and Media - "Hey! Trump didn't have to commit any crimes to be impeached!!!!!"

:yawn

Trump was impeached. Impeachment is not a criminal proceeding and no one ever claimed that it was. He’s still the most corrupt and unethical president in modern American history.

cnredd 06-10-2020 12:27 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 988943)
abuse of power and obstruction of Congress are not crimes?

No...They are an opinion and nothing more...No ACTUAL legislation, in writing...:no

Impeachment of the President Normally Requires a Crime

Quote:

For the first time in our history, a president has been impeached by the House of Representatives for conduct not alleged to be a crime. (The impeachment of presidents Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, as well as the impending impeachment of President Richard Nixon, all involved alleged crimes, while some of the additional articles of impeachment did not.) Against President Donald Trump, a majority in the House approved two articles of impeachment: one for “abuse of power” and one for “obstruction of Congress.” Neither article states a crime or statutory violation. Neither article contains elements against which proof of violation can be ascertained.
Now here's the can of worms the Democrats opened, which will, eventually, destroy the presidency...:yes :mad

Quote:

Our question here is not whether Trump should be impeached, but rather whether Congress is correct to address that question without resort to any clear standard or uniform principle. What is deemed sufficient for presidents we dislike will inevitably provide the standard for impeaching administrations that we favor. There needs to be some objective, nonmalleable standard of misconduct lest, especially in today’s polarized environment, impeachment becomes too easy a vehicle for the party in control of the House to hobble an administration of the opposing party over partisan differences.
And there's the rub...

The SECOND one party has control of the House with a president from the other party, impeachments hearing will take place...and the same bullsh*t opinions and "reasons" will be used...and then, again, after that...and again...and again...

The Democrats created a bar that is so damn low that future presidents will be "held" to the same scrutiny Trump has been...and the Dems have shown that validity need not be required...

If Biden were to become president and the House goes majority Republican, expect impeachment hearings in the first six months...

And for what crime?...Doesn't matter...Dems have just shown, with Trump, that "crimes" aren't needed...Just say "Abuse of power!" and you're good to go...

And then, when a Republican gets elected president and the House goes Dem majority, it'll happen again...

...and so on...and so on...All because the pansy Dems wanted power so much the stooped to this kind of level...and it will be the standard from here on out...:yes :mad

saltwn 06-10-2020 12:37 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 988947)
No...They are an opinion and nothing more...No ACTUAL legislation, in writing...:no

Impeachment of the President Normally Requires a Crime

Now here's the can of worms the Democrats opened, which will, eventually, destroy the presidency...:yes :mad

And there's the rub...

The SECOND one party has control of the House with a president from the other party, impeachments hearing will take place...and the same bullsh*t opinions and "reasons" will be used...and then, again, after that...and again...and again...

The Democrats created a bar that is so damn low that future presidents will be "held" to the same scrutiny Trump has been...and the Dems have shown that validity need not be required...

If Biden were to become president and the House goes majority Republican, expect impeachment hearings in the first six months...

And for what crime?...Doesn't matter...Dems have just shown, with Trump, that "crimes" aren't needed...Just say "Abuse of power!" and you're good to go...

And then, when a Republican gets elected president and the House goes Dem majority, it'll happen again...

...and so on...and so on...All because the pansy Dems wanted power so much the stooped to this kind of level...and it will be the standard from here on out...:yes :mad

Obstruction of justice, in United States jurisdictions, is a crime consisting of obstructing prosecutors, investigators, or other government officials.


Abuse of power or abuse of authority, in the form of "malfeasance in office" or "official misconduct", is the commission of an unlawful act, done in an official capacity, which affects the performance of official duties.

cnredd 06-10-2020 12:48 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 988948)
Obstruction of justice, in United States jurisdictions, is a crime consisting of obstructing prosecutors, investigators, or other government officials.


Abuse of power or abuse of authority, in the form of "malfeasance in office" or "official misconduct", is the commission of an unlawful act, done in an official capacity, which affects the performance of official duties.

The difference is the HOUSE accused Trump of "Obstruction of CONGRESS"....NOT "JUSTICE" by any ACTUAL federal agencies or law enforcement...

As far as abuse of power, the House did NOT specify any "unlawful acts" in their impeachments articles...In other words, they just SAID it (made it up)...:yes :mad

saltwn 06-10-2020 12:58 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 988950)
The difference is the HOUSE accused Trump of "Obstruction of CONGRESS"....NOT "JUSTICE" by any ACTUAL federal agencies or law enforcement...

As far as abuse of power, the House did NOT specify any "unlawful acts" in their impeachments articles...In other words, they just SAID it (made it up)...:yes :mad

Section 1505 of Title 18, United States Code, forbids anyone from corruptly, or by threats of force or by any threatening communication, influencing, obstructing, or impeding any pending proceeding before a department or agency of the United States,or Congress.

I am too eye weary to look up his crimes; maybe on a future day. :wave

saltwn 06-10-2020 01:02 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 988951)
Section 1505 of Title 18, United States Code, forbids anyone from corruptly, or by threats of force or by any threatening communication, influencing, obstructing, or impeding any pending proceeding before a department or agency of the United States,or Congress.

I am too eye weary to look up his crimes; maybe on a future day. :wave

:wave found it:
in his with abuse of power Donald Trump tried to use a foreign government to influence the 2020 election.

GetAClue 06-10-2020 08:01 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988932)
More nonsensical goalpost shifting. Just because Mueller chose to follow DOJ policy against indicting a sitting president does not in any way, shape or form exonerate Trump. And the standard by which we should judge a president's ethical behavior is a hell of a lot higher than just the criminal code. We should demand a lot more of the president than that he not break the law. (And there have, in fact, been multiple criminal indictments of Trump officials associated with the Russian investigation.)

Yes, your posts are nonsensical. I'm glad you admitted as much. :D

lurch907 06-10-2020 11:53 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988932)
More nonsensical goalpost shifting. Just because Mueller chose to follow DOJ policy against indicting a sitting president does not in any way, shape or form exonerate Trump. And the standard by which we should judge a president's ethical behavior is a hell of a lot higher than just the criminal code. We should demand a lot more of the president than that he not break the law. (And there have, in fact, been multiple criminal indictments of Trump officials associated with the Russian investigation.)

Sure, President Trump was also the second shooter on the grassy knoll, in charge of faking the moon landing, he planted Mary Jo Kopechne in Ted Kennedy's car, and he's hiding the Roswell UFO's in his basement.
Give it a rest.

Constant_Slothrop 06-10-2020 03:35 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lurch907 (Post 988964)
Sure, President Trump was also the second shooter on the grassy knoll, in charge of faking the moon landing, he planted Mary Jo Kopechne in Ted Kennedy's car, and he's hiding the Roswell UFO's in his basement.
Give it a rest.

No.

You can pretend that it's all just a silly conspiracy theory, but the facts are the facts. Trump sought the help of the Russian government, the Russian government committed a bunch of crimes to help him and he willingly accepted their support and tried to cover it all up. Unlike your silly fantasy examples, that's reality.

GottaGo 06-10-2020 04:21 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988969)
No.

You can pretend that it's all just a silly conspiracy theory, but the facts are the facts. Trump sought the help of the Russian government, the Russian government committed a bunch of crimes to help him and he willingly accepted their support and tried to cover it all up. Unlike your silly fantasy examples, that's reality.

Please provide proof of your claims. It has not been proven, regardless of what you want it to be, or what you think it might be.

lurch907 06-10-2020 05:47 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaGo (Post 988972)
Please provide proof of your claims. It has not been proven, regardless of what you want it to be, or what you think it might be.

Don't worry, I'm sure he has the secret CIA footage that shows Trump on the grassy knoll. His are fakes of course, I have the real tapes, Kennedy shot first.

Constant_Slothrop 06-10-2020 06:36 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaGo (Post 988972)
Please provide proof of your claims. It has not been proven, regardless of what you want it to be, or what you think it might be.

Everything I've said is documented in the Mueller report.

lurch907 06-11-2020 12:03 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988979)
Everything I've said is documented in the Mueller report.

Ah yes, the "unbiased" report by Trump haters, for Trump haters that said there was no collusion with Russia, was unable to prove obstruction and that House Democrats tried to use to subvert an election. Yeah, President Trump has done a pretty good job of beating Dems over the head with it.
Get passed it Sloth, the D's tried their coup and they got smacked down. Time to move on, I'm sure the D's have come up with several new conspiracy theories you could cling to by now. Although at this point you'll have to wait on a second b.s. impeachment until after President Trump's second term starts, kind of late to start one now.

Constant_Slothrop 06-11-2020 06:57 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lurch907 (Post 989008)
Ah yes, the "unbiased" report by Trump haters, for Trump haters that said there was no collusion with Russia, was unable to prove obstruction and that House Democrats tried to use to subvert an election. Yeah, President Trump has done a pretty good job of beating Dems over the head with it.
Get passed it Sloth, the D's tried their coup and they got smacked down. Time to move on, I'm sure the D's have come up with several new conspiracy theories you could cling to by now. Although at this point you'll have to wait on a second b.s. impeachment until after President Trump's second term starts, kind of late to start one now.

If you had read it, you would understand that that’s a complete misrepresentation of the report. The idea that it is the product of “Trump haters” is just foolish and ill informed. It’s an exhaustive record of the details of Trump’s corruption, but, if anything, Mueller was far too cautious and deferential to Trump in laying out the facts but leaving it to Congress to act. And future generations will harshly judge the Democrats in Congress for failing to impeach Trump over the incredibly damning information in that report.

lurch907 06-16-2020 04:23 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 989033)
If you had read it, you would understand that that’s a complete misrepresentation of the report. The idea that it is the product of “Trump haters” is just foolish and ill informed. It’s an exhaustive record of the details of Trump’s corruption, but, if anything, Mueller was far too cautious and deferential to Trump in laying out the facts but leaving it to Congress to act. And future generations will harshly judge the Democrats in Congress for failing to impeach Trump over the incredibly damning information in that report.

Sorry for the delayed response, I decided to read the report again and it took me a bit to get to it. Your still wrong.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0