Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   News & Current Events (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/)
-   -   Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA warrant (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/58738-rosenstein-admits-russia-collusion-baseless-washes-hands-illegal-fisa-warrant.html)

Constant_Slothrop 06-09-2020 05:43 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GetAClue (Post 988896)
And yet with the FBI and rogue members of the DOJ turning over every rock and with numerous congressional hearings, no charges have been filed against anyone associated with the Trump campaign for any criminal activity in regards to the Russian Hoax.

Nice try, but once again, you failed miserably. Thanks for playing. :thumbsup

More nonsensical goalpost shifting. Just because Mueller chose to follow DOJ policy against indicting a sitting president does not in any way, shape or form exonerate Trump. And the standard by which we should judge a president's ethical behavior is a hell of a lot higher than just the criminal code. We should demand a lot more of the president than that he not break the law. (And there have, in fact, been multiple criminal indictments of Trump officials associated with the Russian investigation.)

cnredd 06-09-2020 11:55 PM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988932)
More nonsensical goalpost shifting. Just because Mueller chose to follow DOJ policy against indicting a sitting president does not in any way, shape or form exonerate Trump.

What DOES exonerate Trump was an impeachment proceeding where ZERO CRIMES were accused...

Every single day up until impeachment from the Democrats and Media - "Trump's a criminal!!!!!!!! he should be impeached for his crimes!!!!!"

Impeachment day and after from the Democrats and Media - "Hey! Trump didn't have to commit any crimes to be impeached!!!!!"

:yawn

saltwn 06-10-2020 12:01 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 988940)
What DOES exonerate Trump was an impeachment proceeding where ZERO CRIMES were accused...

Every single day up until impeachment from the Democrats and Media - "Trump's a criminal!!!!!!!! he should be impeached for his crimes!!!!!"

Impeachment day and after from the Democrats and Media - "Hey! Trump didn't have to commit any crimes to be impeached!!!!!"

:yawn

abuse of power and obstruction of Congress are not crimes?

Constant_Slothrop 06-10-2020 12:21 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 988940)
What DOES exonerate Trump was an impeachment proceeding where ZERO CRIMES were accused...

Every single day up until impeachment from the Democrats and Media - "Trump's a criminal!!!!!!!! he should be impeached for his crimes!!!!!"

Impeachment day and after from the Democrats and Media - "Hey! Trump didn't have to commit any crimes to be impeached!!!!!"

:yawn

Trump was impeached. Impeachment is not a criminal proceeding and no one ever claimed that it was. Hes still the most corrupt and unethical president in modern American history.

cnredd 06-10-2020 12:27 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 988943)
abuse of power and obstruction of Congress are not crimes?

No...They are an opinion and nothing more...No ACTUAL legislation, in writing...:no

Impeachment of the President Normally Requires a Crime

Quote:

For the first time in our history, a president has been impeached by the House of Representatives for conduct not alleged to be a crime. (The impeachment of presidents Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, as well as the impending impeachment of President Richard Nixon, all involved alleged crimes, while some of the additional articles of impeachment did not.) Against President Donald Trump, a majority in the House approved two articles of impeachment: one for “abuse of power” and one for “obstruction of Congress.” Neither article states a crime or statutory violation. Neither article contains elements against which proof of violation can be ascertained.
Now here's the can of worms the Democrats opened, which will, eventually, destroy the presidency...:yes :mad

Quote:

Our question here is not whether Trump should be impeached, but rather whether Congress is correct to address that question without resort to any clear standard or uniform principle. What is deemed sufficient for presidents we dislike will inevitably provide the standard for impeaching administrations that we favor. There needs to be some objective, nonmalleable standard of misconduct lest, especially in today’s polarized environment, impeachment becomes too easy a vehicle for the party in control of the House to hobble an administration of the opposing party over partisan differences.
And there's the rub...

The SECOND one party has control of the House with a president from the other party, impeachments hearing will take place...and the same bullsh*t opinions and "reasons" will be used...and then, again, after that...and again...and again...

The Democrats created a bar that is so damn low that future presidents will be "held" to the same scrutiny Trump has been...and the Dems have shown that validity need not be required...

If Biden were to become president and the House goes majority Republican, expect impeachment hearings in the first six months...

And for what crime?...Doesn't matter...Dems have just shown, with Trump, that "crimes" aren't needed...Just say "Abuse of power!" and you're good to go...

And then, when a Republican gets elected president and the House goes Dem majority, it'll happen again...

...and so on...and so on...All because the pansy Dems wanted power so much the stooped to this kind of level...and it will be the standard from here on out...:yes :mad

saltwn 06-10-2020 12:37 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 988947)
No...They are an opinion and nothing more...No ACTUAL legislation, in writing...:no

Impeachment of the President Normally Requires a Crime

Now here's the can of worms the Democrats opened, which will, eventually, destroy the presidency...:yes :mad

And there's the rub...

The SECOND one party has control of the House with a president from the other party, impeachments hearing will take place...and the same bullsh*t opinions and "reasons" will be used...and then, again, after that...and again...and again...

The Democrats created a bar that is so damn low that future presidents will be "held" to the same scrutiny Trump has been...and the Dems have shown that validity need not be required...

If Biden were to become president and the House goes majority Republican, expect impeachment hearings in the first six months...

And for what crime?...Doesn't matter...Dems have just shown, with Trump, that "crimes" aren't needed...Just say "Abuse of power!" and you're good to go...

And then, when a Republican gets elected president and the House goes Dem majority, it'll happen again...

...and so on...and so on...All because the pansy Dems wanted power so much the stooped to this kind of level...and it will be the standard from here on out...:yes :mad

Obstruction of justice, in United States jurisdictions, is a crime consisting of obstructing prosecutors, investigators, or other government officials.


Abuse of power or abuse of authority, in the form of "malfeasance in office" or "official misconduct", is the commission of an unlawful act, done in an official capacity, which affects the performance of official duties.

cnredd 06-10-2020 12:48 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 988948)
Obstruction of justice, in United States jurisdictions, is a crime consisting of obstructing prosecutors, investigators, or other government officials.


Abuse of power or abuse of authority, in the form of "malfeasance in office" or "official misconduct", is the commission of an unlawful act, done in an official capacity, which affects the performance of official duties.

The difference is the HOUSE accused Trump of "Obstruction of CONGRESS"....NOT "JUSTICE" by any ACTUAL federal agencies or law enforcement...

As far as abuse of power, the House did NOT specify any "unlawful acts" in their impeachments articles...In other words, they just SAID it (made it up)...:yes :mad

saltwn 06-10-2020 12:58 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 988950)
The difference is the HOUSE accused Trump of "Obstruction of CONGRESS"....NOT "JUSTICE" by any ACTUAL federal agencies or law enforcement...

As far as abuse of power, the House did NOT specify any "unlawful acts" in their impeachments articles...In other words, they just SAID it (made it up)...:yes :mad

Section 1505 of Title 18, United States Code, forbids anyone from corruptly, or by threats of force or by any threatening communication, influencing, obstructing, or impeding any pending proceeding before a department or agency of the United States,or Congress.

I am too eye weary to look up his crimes; maybe on a future day. :wave

saltwn 06-10-2020 01:02 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 988951)
Section 1505 of Title 18, United States Code, forbids anyone from corruptly, or by threats of force or by any threatening communication, influencing, obstructing, or impeding any pending proceeding before a department or agency of the United States,or Congress.

I am too eye weary to look up his crimes; maybe on a future day. :wave

:wave found it:
in his with abuse of power Donald Trump tried to use a foreign government to influence the 2020 election.

GetAClue 06-10-2020 08:01 AM

Re: Rosenstein admits Russia collusion was baseless, washes hands of illegal FISA war
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop (Post 988932)
More nonsensical goalpost shifting. Just because Mueller chose to follow DOJ policy against indicting a sitting president does not in any way, shape or form exonerate Trump. And the standard by which we should judge a president's ethical behavior is a hell of a lot higher than just the criminal code. We should demand a lot more of the president than that he not break the law. (And there have, in fact, been multiple criminal indictments of Trump officials associated with the Russian investigation.)

Yes, your posts are nonsensical. I'm glad you admitted as much. :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0