Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss 1996 court document shows Tara Reade told ex-husband of harassment in Biden's Senate at the General Forum; 4 corroborating witness to Reade's story, Reade's mother's phone call to Larry King,....and now this... 1996 court document shows Tara ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2020, 11:04 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,734
Thanks: 2,385
Thanked 38,277 Times in 21,471 Posts
Default 1996 court document shows Tara Reade told ex-husband of harassment in Biden's Senate

4 corroborating witness to Reade's story, Reade's mother's phone call to Larry King,....and now this...

1996 court document shows Tara Reade told ex-husband of harassment in Biden's Senate office

Quote:
A 1996 court document obtained by the San Luis Obispo Tribune shows that Tara Reade, the former Senate aide who has accused former Vice President Joe Biden of sexual assault, told her ex-husband about “a problem she was having at work regarding sexual harassment in U.S. Senator Joe Biden's office.”

The new findings come as the Biden campaign has sought to locate a 1993 complaint of sexual harassment Reade claims she filed at the time.

In March, Reade publicly alleged that Biden had sexually assaulted her. She did not formally report the alleged sexual assault until April of this year, when she filed a police report in Washington, D.C.

The court declaration does not explicitly corroborate Reade’s allegation of sexual assault.

Theodore Dronen, Reade’s ex-husband who wrote the court declaration obtained by the Tribune, was contesting a restraining order Reade filed against him days after he filed for divorce.

Dronen and Reade met while they both worked as Senate staffers for different members of the upper chamber. In the filing dated March 25, 1996, Dronen said that Reade told him she “eventually struck a deal with the chief of staff of the Senator’s office and left her position.”

“It was obvious that this event had a very traumatic effect on (Reade), and that she is still sensitive and effected (sic) by it today,” Dronen added.

The new findings come as Reade has faced scrutiny from supporters of Biden, many of whom have suggested her accusations are politically motivated.
Biden supporters (and/or Trump haters) will toss away the other 95% of he article and focus on this one line...

Quote:
The court declaration does not explicitly corroborate Reade’s allegation of sexual assault.
Because Reade's ex didn't SPECIFICALLY mention Joe Biden by name, then she could've been sexually assaulted by ANYONE in Biden's office, or it never happened AT ALL, so Biden is 100% absolved...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2020, 07:34 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,961
Thanks: 11,542
Thanked 8,446 Times in 4,805 Posts
Default Re: 1996 court document shows Tara Reade told ex-husband of harassment in Biden's Sen

I feel the same way about this allegation as I did when Judge Brett Kavanaugh was being accused. All we know right now is that she claimed it happened and Biden claims it didn't. Until we have facts one way or the other, I will presume Mr. Biden to be innocent.

However, his actions around women in public would lend some credence to her allegations and put in a poor light. But again, those actions do not prove his guilt in this specific matter.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2020, 11:38 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,734
Thanks: 2,385
Thanked 38,277 Times in 21,471 Posts
Default Re: 1996 court document shows Tara Reade told ex-husband of harassment in Biden's Sen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
I feel the same way about this allegation as I did when Judge Brett Kavanaugh was being accused. All we know right now is that she claimed it happened and Biden claims it didn't. Until we have facts one way or the other, I will presume Mr. Biden to be innocent.

However, his actions around women in public would lend some credence to her allegations and put in a poor light. But again, those actions do not prove his guilt in this specific matter.
100% agreed...I have zero clue whether Biden did anything improper and the specter of Reade doing this because she is such a huge Bernie Sanders supporter is possible...

But two things are immediately clear...

1) There is more evidence, in this case, then in the case of Kavanaugh...

2) The Democrats and the media (redundancy alert) are fierce hypocrites in their behavior towards people depending on the political letter at the end of their name...

__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2020, 12:22 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,961
Thanks: 11,542
Thanked 8,446 Times in 4,805 Posts
Default Re: 1996 court document shows Tara Reade told ex-husband of harassment in Biden's Sen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
100% agreed...I have zero clue whether Biden did anything improper and the specter of Reade doing this because she is such a huge Bernie Sanders supporter is possible...

But two things are immediately clear...

1) There is more evidence, in this case, then in the case of Kavanaugh...

2) The Democrats and the media (redundancy alert) are fierce hypocrites in their behavior towards people depending on the political letter at the end of their name...

I agree completely. My comments were on the accusations itself. The actions of the DNC and their propaganda wing is another issue entirely.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2020, 06:37 PM
Dave1's Avatar
...Fair and Balanced...
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,727
Thanks: 4,487
Thanked 5,655 Times in 3,337 Posts
Default Re: 1996 court document shows Tara Reade told ex-husband of harassment in Biden's Sen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
100% agreed...I have zero clue whether Biden did anything improper and the specter of Reade doing this because she is such a huge Bernie Sanders supporter is possible...

But two things are immediately clear...

1) There is more evidence, in this case, then in the case of Kavanaugh...

2) The Democrats and the media (redundancy alert) are fierce hypocrites in their behavior towards people depending on the political letter at the end of their name...

You somehow left out #3.)…..

~ The republicans and MSM like FOX are also fierce hypocrites in their behavior towards people depending on the political letter at the end of their name.....

That's better now....
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2020, 10:54 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,734
Thanks: 2,385
Thanked 38,277 Times in 21,471 Posts
Default Re: 1996 court document shows Tara Reade told ex-husband of harassment in Biden's Sen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
You somehow left out #3.)…..

~ The republicans and MSM like FOX are also fierce hypocrites in their behavior towards people depending on the political letter at the end of their name.....

That's better now....
First, there is no "MSM like FOX"....

"FoxNews" is the ONLY news media outlet that is right-leaning...

ABC, NBC, and CBS are left-leaning. There are NO right-leaning broadcast networks.

PBS & NPR are left-leaning. There are NO right-leaning federally subsidized public networks...

MSNBC & CNN are left-leaning. There is ONE right-leaning cable network (FoxNews)....

As to your point, you are correct, but IRRELEVANT to the discussion at hand....FoxNews (and anyone else you want to consider right-leaning) did NOT push a "BelieveAllWomen" narrative when it was politically convenient with Kavanaugh and then whiplash themselves when it's politically convenient with Biden....
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2020, 08:46 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 19,737
Thanks: 13,308
Thanked 14,532 Times in 8,382 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: 1996 court document shows Tara Reade told ex-husband of harassment in Biden's Sen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
You somehow left out #3.)…..

~ The republicans and MSM like FOX are also fierce hypocrites in their behavior towards people depending on the political letter at the end of their name.....

That's better now....
Really? FNC didn't rush to judge Kavanaugh guilty and neither is it proclaiming Biden guilty. It was Democrats like Crazy Maize and Gillibrand, Senators both, proclaimed the accusations against Kavanaugh factual with no credible evidence to lavish sympathetic media coverage. But Biden's candidacy gives him absolute immunity from any investigation whether accusations of sexual assault or the corrupt monetization of his office with his son as proxy.

What's the first thing Democrats did when they took control of the House in the 2018 elections? Fire off the so-called subpoena cannon with some 80 demands for information from the Trump administration and charge half a dozen committees with "oversight" probes in addition to the special counsel's witchhunt sympathetic state AG's engaging in partisan vendettas. This is all excused as support for the rule of law no matter how abusive and corrupt. But the mere suggestion of independent investigation of Biden's corruption and sexual misconduct allegations evokes howls of rage from Democrats and their media toadies.
__________________
If Democrats were confident their nominee actually received more than 80 million votes they wouldn't have more troops occupying Washington, DC than Lincoln had defending the city during the Civil War. Not Joe Biden, Kim Jung Biden.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2020, 10:33 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,907
Thanks: 11
Thanked 450 Times in 405 Posts
Default Re: 1996 court document shows Tara Reade told ex-husband of harassment in Biden's Sen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
1) There is more evidence, in this case, then in the case of Kavanaugh...
This is not true, and, in fact, there is actually far more contradictory evidence undermining Reade’s claim than there was in the Kavanaugh case.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2020, 03:55 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 19,737
Thanks: 13,308
Thanked 14,532 Times in 8,382 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: 1996 court document shows Tara Reade told ex-husband of harassment in Biden's Sen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
This is not true, and, in fact, there is actually far more contradictory evidence undermining Reade’s claim than there was in the Kavanaugh case.
Right, if we look at the inverse, contradictory evidence, and hang upside down it conclusively proves Kavanaugh was guilty. Throw out the complete lack of corroboration and the FBI investigation flip the presumption of innocence and voila Kavanaugh must be guilty.
__________________
If Democrats were confident their nominee actually received more than 80 million votes they wouldn't have more troops occupying Washington, DC than Lincoln had defending the city during the Civil War. Not Joe Biden, Kim Jung Biden.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2020, 05:32 PM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,907
Thanks: 11
Thanked 450 Times in 405 Posts
Default Re: 1996 court document shows Tara Reade told ex-husband of harassment in Biden's Sen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Right, if we look at the inverse, contradictory evidence, and hang upside down it conclusively proves Kavanaugh was guilty. Throw out the complete lack of corroboration and the FBI investigation flip the presumption of innocence and voila Kavanaugh must be guilty.
In the Reade case, she claimed for over 25 years that there was no assault and explicitly told people that there was no assault, before changing her story earlier this year. That is far more contradictory than a lack of corroboration.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1996, biden, court, document, exhusband, harassment, reade, senate, shows, tara, told

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0