Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Fake republicans/conservatives vow to vote for Biden because they don't like Trump. at the General Forum; Its one thing to not vote for your party's candidate because you dislike that person.Its a completely different thing to ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2020, 09:51 AM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,814
Thanks: 1,718
Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Fake republicans/conservatives vow to vote for Biden because they don't like Trump.

Its one thing to not vote for your party's candidate because you dislike that person.Its a completely different thing to vote for the opposition's candidate who you know is going to enact policies you completely disagree with and appoint judges who are going to make rulings you disagree with. It's just ****ing retarded for a republican to vote for Biden just because they don't like Trump or for a democrat to vote for Trump just because they don't like Biden. I am sure lib-tards are praising these peoples decision to vote for Biden.However I am sure none of them would ever vote for someone who is pro-life, pro-2nd amendment, pro-cracking down on illegal immigration and would appoint judges who support those beliefs just because some of them don't like Biden. This is why I don't buy that the Lincoln projects members are who they say they are. I didn't vote for Trump in the 2016 primaries and general election. I didn't vote for Romney in the 2012 primaries and general election.Nor did I vote for McCain in the 2008 primaries and general election. I ****ing loath RINOs. But I would never ever vote for someone who I know for a fact is going to enact anti-2nd amendment laws if the bill landed on his desk, is pro-abortion, pro-amnesty for illegals, and would appoint judges who shares his or her views.




https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...t-be-defeated/

The authors are on the advisory board of the Lincoln Project.

This November, Americans will cast their most consequential votes since Abraham Lincoln’s reelection in 1864. We confront a constellation of crises: a public health emergency not seen in a century, an economic collapse set to rival the Great Depression, and a world where American leadership is absent and dangers rise in the vacuum.

Today, the United States is beset with a president who was unprepared for the burden of the presidency and who has made plain his deficits in leadership, management, intelligence and morality.

When we founded the Lincoln Project, we did so with a clear mission: to defeat President Trump in November. Publicly supporting a Democratic nominee for president is a first for all of us. We are in extraordinary times, and we have chosen to put country over party — and former vice president Joe Biden is the candidate who we believe will do the same.
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesrage For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2020, 10:00 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,897
Thanks: 4
Thanked 281 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: Fake republicans/conservatives vow to vote for Biden because they don't like Trum

If Donald Trump were the Democratic nominee, I'd vote for the Republican nominee in heartbeat. The current catastrophe is a perfect demonstration of what happens when you elect a profoundly unqualified and ignorant person just because of his policies.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Constant_Slothrop For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2020, 10:21 AM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 86
Thanked 1,376 Times in 829 Posts
Default Re: Fake republicans/conservatives vow to vote for Biden because they don't like Trum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
If Donald Trump were the Democratic nominee, I'd vote for the Republican nominee in heartbeat. The current catastrophe is a perfect demonstration of what happens when you elect a profoundly unqualified and ignorant person just because of his policies.
What if in your scenario the Republican nominee was Lynette (Squeaky) Fromme?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2020, 10:28 AM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,814
Thanks: 1,718
Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: Fake republicans/conservatives vow to vote for Biden because they don't like Trum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
If Donald Trump were the Democratic nominee, I'd vote for the Republican nominee in heartbeat.
You would knowingly vote for someone who is going to support, and enact policies you vehemently disagree with? And you would vote for someone you know is going to appoint judges who for the next 20 or 30 plus years make rulings you are going to mostly disagree with? Sounds akin to destroying your own things because you are mad at someone else who has nothing to do with the things you are destroying.

Quote:
The current catastrophe is a perfect demonstration of what happens when you elect a profoundly unqualified and ignorant person just because of his policies.
You do realize that almost every Trump supporter is happy with most of the policies Trump was able to enact and judicial appointments he was able to make? The only thing this is a bad thing are those politically opposite of Trump.
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2020, 10:34 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,897
Thanks: 4
Thanked 281 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: Fake republicans/conservatives vow to vote for Biden because they don't like Trum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
You would knowingly vote for someone who is going to support, and enact policies you vehemently disagree with? And you would vote for someone you know is going to appoint judges who for the next 20 or 30 plus years make rulings you are going to mostly disagree with? Sounds akin to destroying your own things because you are mad at someone else who has nothing to do with the things you are destroying.
I wouldn’t be happy about it, but I would absolutely do it. Donald Trump is a totally unqualified idiot with no morals whatsoever. I don’t care what policies he pushes, having him in the White House is an existential threat to this country.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
You do realize that almost every Trump supporter is happy with most of the policies Trump was able to enact and judicial appointments he was able to make? The only thing this is a bad thing are those politically opposite of Trump.
Yes, I am aware that Trump voters have chosen party over country.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2020, 10:47 AM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,814
Thanks: 1,718
Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: Fake republicans/conservatives vow to vote for Biden because they don't like Trum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
I wouldn’t be happy about it, but I would absolutely do it.
Wouldn't having someone you know is going to enact policies and judicial appointments you disagree with be an existential threat to this country?
Quote:
Donald Trump is a totally unqualified idiot with no morals whatsoever. I don’t care what policies he pushes, having him in the White House is an existential threat to this country..
The losers of every presidential election make absurd claims like that about the president. Republicans said nearly those same things about Obama and democrats said nearly those same things about Bush.


Quote:
Yes, I am aware that Trump voters have chosen party over country
When people spew that lie its code for "wah wah boo hoo they don't support the policies I support". Nobody votes for a republican hoping they give democrats what they want and no one votes for a democrat hoping they give republicans what they want. Trump supporters love Trump's policies because they believe those policies are whats best for the country. Liberals hate Trump's policies because they don't believe that is whats best for the country.
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamesrage For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2020, 11:33 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,897
Thanks: 4
Thanked 281 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: Fake republicans/conservatives vow to vote for Biden because they don't like Trum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
Wouldn't having someone you know is going to enact policies and judicial appointments you disagree with be an existential threat to this country?

The losers of every presidential election make absurd claims like that about the president. Republicans said nearly those same things about Obama and democrats said nearly those same things about Bush.

When people spew that lie its code for "wah wah boo hoo they don't support the policies I support". Nobody votes for a republican hoping they give democrats what they want and no one votes for a democrat hoping they give republicans what they want. Trump supporters love Trump's policies because they believe those policies are whats best for the country. Liberals hate Trump's policies because they don't believe that is whats best for the country.
Donald Trump is an incompetent fool. Anyone with any common sense can see that. You guys believe that it's OK to have an incompetent fool in the White House if he nominates conservative judges. I'm sorry but I have higher standards than that.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2020, 12:01 PM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 86
Thanked 1,376 Times in 829 Posts
Default Re: Fake republicans/conservatives vow to vote for Biden because they don't like Trum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
Donald Trump is an incompetent fool. Anyone with any common sense can see that. You guys believe that it's OK to have an incompetent fool in the White House if he nominates conservative judges. I'm sorry but I have higher standards than that.
He was competent and intelligent enough to become President but you are not.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2020, 12:06 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,327
Thanks: 8,949
Thanked 6,440 Times in 3,687 Posts
Default Re: Fake republicans/conservatives vow to vote for Biden because they don't like Trum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
Donald Trump is an incompetent fool. Anyone with any common sense can see that. You guys believe that it's OK to have an incompetent fool in the White House if he nominates conservative judges. I'm sorry but I have higher standards than that.
When those "higher" standards have post turtles like Obama as one of those elevated as "competent", I am very comfortable in being in complete disagreement with your point of view.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2020, 12:18 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,899
Thanks: 654
Thanked 6,869 Times in 4,926 Posts
Default Re: Fake republicans/conservatives vow to vote for Biden because they don't like Trum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
If Donald Trump were the Democratic nominee, I'd vote for the Republican nominee in heartbeat. The current catastrophe is a perfect demonstration of what happens when you elect a profoundly unqualified and ignorant person just because of his policies.
The only "current catastrophe" I see is Biden running against Trump. It's like a jack ass trying to beat up an elephant.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
because, biden, dont, fake, for, like, they, trump, vote, vow

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0