Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Obama and Trump fight over economy at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop https://lmgtfy.com/?q=dumbest+man+on+the+internet It should have something in there that says, "Dumbest man in America outsmarts entire MSM ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2020, 11:23 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,413
Thanks: 7,026
Thanked 6,818 Times in 4,627 Posts
Default Re: Obama and Trump fight over economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
It should have something in there that says, "Dumbest man in America outsmarts entire MSM and DNC at their own game in 2016, and again in 2020"
__________________
Appeasement, is feeding the crocodiles, hoping they will eat you last.
Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2020, 12:11 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,508
Thanks: 9,218
Thanked 6,614 Times in 3,800 Posts
Default Re: Obama and Trump fight over economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
Troll.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2020, 12:31 PM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,030
Thanks: 6
Thanked 297 Times in 265 Posts
Default Re: Obama and Trump fight over economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Nearly 4 years after Obama's inauguration followed by the massive debt financed Stimulus boondoggle written by the radical Apollo group unemployment was identical to when Obama became President. During Obama's first term the only improvement over the day he took office was the month before the election, nothing suspicious there.
If you did a little reading on the concept of lagging economic indicators, your posts wouldn’t look this dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2020, 01:38 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,531
Thanks: 9,952
Thanked 5,777 Times in 3,572 Posts
Default Re: Obama and Trump fight over economy

__________________
The Democrats are not after the truth, they are after the President.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CindyB For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2020, 01:44 PM
Lollie's Avatar
Essential Deplorable
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,867
Thanks: 15,669
Thanked 14,713 Times in 8,978 Posts
Default Re: Obama and Trump fight over economy

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lollie For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2020, 02:12 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 18,733
Thanks: 12,168
Thanked 13,087 Times in 7,654 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Obama and Trump fight over economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
If you did a little reading on the concept of lagging economic indicators, your posts wouldn’t look this dumb.
A little reading comprehension would show you the comment made the point that 4 years after Obama's vaunted stimulus unemployment hadn't improved. Obama's job council was literally a joke to him. The economic legacy of the stimulus was to inflate the Federal baseline enshrining increased Federal spending.

After Obama's reelection he promptly proposed another $450 billion in another stimulus bill. Despite the bill failing and the stimulus long spent, the economy improved at a glacial pace. A smidgen of reading history shows the economy the Obama shills so eagerly promote like carnival barkers happened in spite of him, not because of his agenda.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2020, 03:11 PM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,030
Thanks: 6
Thanked 297 Times in 265 Posts
Default Re: Obama and Trump fight over economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
A little reading comprehension would show you the comment made the point that 4 years after Obama's vaunted stimulus unemployment hadn't improved. Obama's job council was literally a joke to him. The economic legacy of the stimulus was to inflate the Federal baseline enshrining increased Federal spending.

After Obama's reelection he promptly proposed another $450 billion in another stimulus bill. Despite the bill failing and the stimulus long spent, the economy improved at a glacial pace. A smidgen of reading history shows the economy the Obama shills so eagerly promote like carnival barkers happened in spite of him, not because of his agenda.
Citing the unemployment rate on the day Obama took office as the initial data point for assessing his impact on the economy is either stupid or dishonest.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2020, 03:44 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,915
Thanks: 10,265
Thanked 13,877 Times in 7,573 Posts
Default Re: Obama and Trump fight over economy

Anyone who believes that mandated costs, burdensome regulations, and higher taxes, will stimulate the economy needs to check the fluid in their batteries.

If you believed a man who claimed no magic wand existed, and yet the boom did come after the 8 years wherein his policies failed, should question their faith and, perhaps, find a different church.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 02-19-2020 at 03:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2020, 04:22 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,413
Thanks: 7,026
Thanked 6,818 Times in 4,627 Posts
Default Re: Obama and Trump fight over economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Anyone who believes that mandated costs, burdensome regulations, and higher taxes, will stimulate the economy needs to check the fluid in their batteries.

If you believed a man who claimed no magic wand existed, and yet the boom did come after the 8 years wherein his policies failed, should question their faith and, perhaps, find a different church.
And don't forget about Obamas dependence on foreign oil. Cheap energy is the prime mover of a strong economy.

Anyone that thinks Hillary would have an economy like this, if she kept Obamas policies in place, is very naďve.
__________________
Appeasement, is feeding the crocodiles, hoping they will eat you last.
Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2020, 04:35 PM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,030
Thanks: 6
Thanked 297 Times in 265 Posts
Default Re: Obama and Trump fight over economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Anyone who believes that mandated costs, burdensome regulations, and higher taxes, will stimulate the economy needs to check the fluid in their batteries.

If you believed a man who claimed no magic wand existed, and yet the boom did come after the 8 years wherein his policies failed, should question their faith and, perhaps, find a different church.
To the extent that you can call the current economy a “boom,” you would have to say the same about the economy under Obama. There is no material difference.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
and, economy, fight, obama, over, trump

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0