Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Soros and Snopes CEO at the General Forum; Snopes - not worth the powder to blow it up....

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2019, 10:46 AM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,623
Thanks: 10,167
Thanked 5,869 Times in 3,620 Posts
Default Soros and Snopes CEO



Snopes - not worth the powder to blow it up.
__________________
The Democrats are not after the truth, they are after the President.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2019, 11:09 AM
RightofCenterLeftofCrazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Idaho
Gender: Male
Posts: 957
Thanks: 60
Thanked 811 Times in 450 Posts
Default Re: Soros and Snopes CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
...

Snopes - not worth the powder to blow it up.
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/03/me...ed-snopes-com/

In my opinion Snopes IS very liberally biased. But when you use misinformation to make that point, it weakens your argument rather than strengthens it.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zenock For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2019, 11:14 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,334
Thanks: 729
Thanked 7,100 Times in 5,077 Posts
Default Re: Soros and Snopes CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenock View Post
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/03/me...ed-snopes-com/

In my opinion Snopes IS very liberally biased. But when you use misinformation to make that point, it weakens your argument rather than strengthens it.
Snopes and Soros go together like shlt and stink. I see no misinformation anywhere.

I'm sorry. I mean Snopes, Soros, and Facebook go together like shlt, stink and loud farts.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2019, 11:22 AM
RightofCenterLeftofCrazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Idaho
Gender: Male
Posts: 957
Thanks: 60
Thanked 811 Times in 450 Posts
Default Re: Soros and Snopes CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Snopes and Soros go together like shlt and stink. I see no misinformation anywhere.
The misinformation is:

1. Factcheck.org exposed them. They didn't. Maybe they should have, but they didn't.
2. The people in the photos are in any way related to snopes. They aren't.
3. That snopes doesn't have any employees. They do.

Yes, Snopes is very liberally biased. I agree with that 100%. I don't know if they have any connection to Soros or not. It's certainly possible.

However, spreading misinformation in this way, weakens the argument the OP is trying to make. If you refuse to see that, then you are letting your own bias dictate what you believe instead of critical thought.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2019, 11:36 AM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,623
Thanks: 10,167
Thanked 5,869 Times in 3,620 Posts
Default Re: Soros and Snopes CEO

So that really isn't a picture of the Snopes guy?

They probably didn't have any employees for quite some time after they began.

All I care about is the Soros-Snopes connection.

https://www.owler.com/company/snopes
__________________
The Democrats are not after the truth, they are after the President.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2019, 11:49 AM
RightofCenterLeftofCrazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Idaho
Gender: Male
Posts: 957
Thanks: 60
Thanked 811 Times in 450 Posts
Default Re: Soros and Snopes CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
So that really isn't a picture of the Snopes guy?

They probably didn't have any employees for quite some time after they began.

All I care about is the Soros-Snopes connection.

https://www.owler.com/company/snopes
No, they aren't even the same guy in both pictures. Neither of them is Mickleson, the CEO of snopes...

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F..._NY_Bajnai.JPG

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...drew_Baron.jpg

When it snopes first started it was just Mickleson and his wife Barbara. Back then though, they didn't do all the political fact checking they do now. They pretty much stuck to urban legends and it was much better.

Mickleson and his wife have been divorced for some time. Barbara sold her shares in snopes (which ended up being used as part of a take over attempt) and they have 15 employees.

I have no idea if there is any connection with Soros or not. I'm not aware of one.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2019, 12:52 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,334
Thanks: 729
Thanked 7,100 Times in 5,077 Posts
Default Re: Soros and Snopes CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenock View Post
The misinformation is:

1. Factcheck.org exposed them. They didn't. Maybe they should have, but they didn't.
2. The people in the photos are in any way related to snopes. They aren't.
3. That snopes doesn't have any employees. They do.

Yes, Snopes is very liberally biased. I agree with that 100%. I don't know if they have any connection to Soros or not. It's certainly possible.

However, spreading misinformation in this way, weakens the argument the OP is trying to make. If you refuse to see that, then you are letting your own bias dictate what you believe instead of critical thought.

No critical thought is needed to place those three entities into a benjo ditch, and MY information (opinion, if anybody wishes) is what I am referring to. Like I said, those three entities go together like shlt, stink, and loud farts.; Soros, for one, is one level below maggot snot.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2019, 02:24 PM
RightofCenterLeftofCrazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Idaho
Gender: Male
Posts: 957
Thanks: 60
Thanked 811 Times in 450 Posts
Default Re: Soros and Snopes CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
No critical thought is needed to place those three entities into a benjo ditch, and MY information (opinion, if anybody wishes) is what I am referring to. Like I said, those three entities go together like shlt, stink, and loud farts.; Soros, for one, is one level below maggot snot.
Oh I agree...

I was only referring to this statement, "I see no misinformation anywhere."

Factcheck.org did NOT expose them, the people in the picture are NOT the CEO of Snopes, and Snopes does have employees.

Claims to the contrary ARE misinformation.

My whole point is that using misinformation to make the argument that Snopes is liberally biased weakens the argument.

Which IS unfortunate, because Snopes IS VERY liberally biased.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zenock For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2019, 03:01 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,082
Thanks: 7,809
Thanked 7,352 Times in 4,956 Posts
Default Re: Soros and Snopes CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post


Snopes - not worth the powder to blow it up.
This story about Snopes and Soros is not true, I checked Snopes and they said so.
__________________
"The freedom of speech is, in sum, our foremost protection against tyranny. Without it, a tyrant can work his will without any fear of his opponents uttering even one cross word."
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2019, 03:22 PM
Dave1's Avatar
...Fair and Balanced...
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,616
Thanks: 4,388
Thanked 5,539 Times in 3,272 Posts
Default Re: Soros and Snopes CEO

Snoops is 100% more accurate than King Donald's daily Tweets.....



A picture of a hand shake goes a long way with close minded folks, indeed...

Typical right wing propaganda, they know their ilk.....


Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave1 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
and, ceo, snopes, soros

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0