Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Trump defies ominous predictions with nonpartisan July 4th salute to American spirit at the General Forum; Originally Posted by CindyB It's really sad how little respect the Left has for our Military and Law Enforcement in ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2019, 03:52 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,330
Thanks: 546
Thanked 6,545 Times in 4,706 Posts
Default Re: Trump defies ominous predictions with nonpartisan July 4th salute to American spi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
It's really sad how little respect the Left has for our Military and Law Enforcement in general.

Some people are living proof that, be they veterans, combat or not, they will migrate to the left side and start hating America.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2019, 04:02 PM
Jaaaman's Avatar
Outing liberal stupidity
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 596
Thanks: 1,645
Thanked 397 Times in 259 Posts
Default Re: Trump defies ominous predictions with nonpartisan July 4th salute to American spi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post

Your second paragraph, you're right. I don't know of any Republicans or Democrats who participated in the original one. We don't celebrate the 4th of July and the bloody war for our independence, since all the founders did was tell England to stop screwing around with us and go home, and they obeyed peacefully.[/SARCASM HEAVY]
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaaaman For This Useful Post:
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2019, 01:49 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,421
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,837 Posts
Default Re: Trump defies ominous predictions with nonpartisan July 4th salute to American spi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Some people are living proof that, be they veterans, combat or not, they will migrate to the left side and start hating America.
I find this claim to be very interesting from a historical standpoint.

The ideological founders of the United States were the most extreme liberals of their time and arguably the most extreme liberals in history. They went beyond just being progressive liberals to literally being revolutionary liberals. They created a liberal ideology for America that was so extreme that they knew it could never become a reality in their lifetime and that it would take future generations to achieve that liberal ideology.

Here we are over 200 years later and we've not even scratched the surface when it comes to achieving the liberal ideology that the founders like Jefferson, Madison, and Hamilton expressed in their writings.

Just like in 1776 we still have "conservatives" that are fighting tooth and nail against the liberal ideology that was the foundation for the United States and we have the "progressive liberals" that continue to strive to make that uniquely American ideology a reality.

And it's the "conservatives" (that oppose that ideology) making the claim that the "progressive liberals" (that are trying to achieve that ideology) hate America.

In psychology this is called "projection" where the "conservatives" are projecting their hatred of the liberal ideology of America onto the "liberals" that support that ideology.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2019, 02:10 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,275
Thanks: 9,446
Thanked 5,598 Times in 3,458 Posts
Default Re: Trump defies ominous predictions with nonpartisan July 4th salute to American spi

Liberals ALWAYS accuse the Right of doing what they themselves are doing, nothing new here Shiva.
__________________
The Democrats are not after the truth, they are after the President.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CindyB For This Useful Post:
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2019, 03:43 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,421
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,837 Posts
Default Re: Trump defies ominous predictions with nonpartisan July 4th salute to American spi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Your first paragraph sucks like a black hole. So what if it was a Cold War? "Missiles were the new weapon technology"? Does that mean that we don't have any new technology now or what?


Your second paragraph, you're right. I don't know of any Republicans or Democrats who participated in the original one. We don't celebrate the 4th of July and the bloody war for our independence, since all the founders did was tell England to stop screwing around with us and go home, and they obeyed peacefully.[/SARCASM HEAVY]
I didn't personally participate but one of my maternal ancestors did participate in the American Revolution so I've taken great personal interest in it. I'm also a founding lifetime member of the Museum of the American Revolution that just opened a couple of years ago.

A celebration of the American Revolution would arguably take place on May 12th because May 12, 1784 was the official end of the American Revolution with the exchange of the mutually ratified Treaty of Paris between England and the United States.

The 4th of July is a celebration of Congressional approval of the Declaration of Independence. Many erroneously believe it celebrates the signing of the Declaration of Independence while historians have generally agreed the actual signing occurred on August 2, 1776.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2019, 03:52 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,421
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,837 Posts
Default Re: Trump defies ominous predictions with nonpartisan July 4th salute to American spi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
Liberals ALWAYS accuse the Right of doing what they themselves are doing, nothing new here Shiva.
I haven't heard of any liberals accusing the Right of fighting for voting rights, or of protesting the intentionally cruel treatment of refugees from Central America at the direction of President Trump, or of protesting the destruction of our environment, or of supporting the need to take action against manmade climate change, or for reasonable gun control measures, or advocating health care for everyone living in America, or of fighting for the rule of law that applies to everyone including the President, or of fighting for minority rights and the rights of women.

Democrats are actively involved in all of the above and I'm not seeing them accuse Republicans of doing the same thing.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2019, 03:58 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,952
Thanks: 11,564
Thanked 4,293 Times in 2,774 Posts
Default Re: Trump defies ominous predictions with nonpartisan July 4th salute to American spi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
Trump didn't even capture the theme of the 4th of July because he "militarized it" as a tribute to himself. The signing of the Declaration of Independence had a lot of meaning and none of it related to war and tyranny imposed by military might.
As you may recall, the signing of the Declaration of Independence required a major war--the British call it The War of Independence; Americans call it The Revolutionary War--in order to enforce it.

It did not simply enforce itself.
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2019, 04:17 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,330
Thanks: 546
Thanked 6,545 Times in 4,706 Posts
Default Re: Trump defies ominous predictions with nonpartisan July 4th salute to American spi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
I find this claim to be very interesting from a historical standpoint.

The ideological founders of the United States were the most extreme liberals of their time and arguably the most extreme liberals in history. They went beyond just being progressive liberals to literally being revolutionary liberals. They created a liberal ideology for America that was so extreme that they knew it could never become a reality in their lifetime and that it would take future generations to achieve that liberal ideology.

Here we are over 200 years later and we've not even scratched the surface when it comes to achieving the liberal ideology that the founders like Jefferson, Madison, and Hamilton expressed in their writings.

Just like in 1776 we still have "conservatives" that are fighting tooth and nail against the liberal ideology that was the foundation for the United States and we have the "progressive liberals" that continue to strive to make that uniquely American ideology a reality.

And it's the "conservatives" (that oppose that ideology) making the claim that the "progressive liberals" (that are trying to achieve that ideology) hate America.

In psychology this is called "projection" where the "conservatives" are projecting their hatred of the liberal ideology of America onto the "liberals" that support that ideology.
It appears to me that some people still have not figured out that when I say "liberals" or "libertarians" in the present, I am referring to leftist-leaning people who believe themselves to be on the freedom side. There is no way in Hell that I am pointing out the similarities of those groups to the actual liberals from colonial times. Liberals today might do better to just call themeslves socialist rat turds, and that would be a nice enough name for their way of thinking.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2019, 04:24 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,330
Thanks: 546
Thanked 6,545 Times in 4,706 Posts
Default Re: Trump defies ominous predictions with nonpartisan July 4th salute to American spi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
I haven't heard of any liberals accusing the Right of fighting for voting rights, or of protesting the intentionally cruel treatment of refugees from Central America at the direction of President Trump, or of protesting the destruction of our environment, or of supporting the need to take action against manmade climate change, or for reasonable gun control measures, or advocating health care for everyone living in America, or of fighting for the rule of law that applies to everyone including the President, or of fighting for minority rights and the rights of women.

Democrats are actively involved in all of the above and I'm not seeing them accuse Republicans of doing the same thing.
Your blather above, except the one about "reasonable gun control", may be filed in the circular drawer for posterity. The "reasonable gun control" one, liberals already know where I want them to shove--, er, uh, I mean, store it.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,330
Thanks: 546
Thanked 6,545 Times in 4,706 Posts
Default Re: Trump defies ominous predictions with nonpartisan July 4th salute to American spi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
As you may recall, the signing of the Declaration of Independence required a major war--the British call it The War of Independence; Americans call it The Revolutionary War--in order to enforce it.

It did not simply enforce itself.
I think to some people, it is merely a matter of technicality.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
4th, american, defies, july, nonpartisan, ominous, predictions, salute, spirit, trump, with

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0