Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss How to take on Iran at the General Forum; Originally Posted by mr wonder got hard proof Iran attacked anyone? No. when did Iran Attack the U.S. hairy? Never. ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2019, 12:22 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,020
Thanks: 13,386
Thanked 9,843 Times in 5,585 Posts
Default Re: How to take on Iran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
got hard proof Iran attacked anyone? No.
when did Iran Attack the U.S. hairy? Never.
To your point, no I have not seen any proof. However, even Iran claims they shot down the US drone. They claim it was over their territorial waters while the US claims it was in international air space. We will have to wait to see which side is being truthful.

However you seem awfully quick to come to Iran's defense in these issues. Iran as openly supported terrorism and other bad acts in the region. If it comes to a question of he said, she said, I will have to go with the United States rather than the word of the Mullahs in Iran.

But I will bookmark this thread and revisit it when evidence comes out one way or the other.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2019, 01:06 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,263
Thanks: 2,450
Thanked 39,387 Times in 21,898 Posts
Default Re: How to take on Iran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
To your point, no I have not seen any proof. However, even Iran claims they shot down the US drone. They claim it was over their territorial waters while the US claims it was in international air space. We will have to wait to see which side is being truthful.
Notice what's NOT there?...

A warning from Iran...

There was zero communications from Iran saying "Attention US...Your drone has come into Iranian jurisdiction, you must remove it, immediately, and direct it back into international waters...You have 1 minute before we consider this a willing infiltration and fire upon the drone."...

To my knowledge, nothing like that at all...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2019, 01:13 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,366
Thanks: 12,902
Thanked 9,788 Times in 6,212 Posts
Default Re: How to take on Iran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
To your point, no I have not seen any proof. However, even Iran claims they shot down the US drone. They claim it was over their territorial waters while the US claims it was in international air space. We will have to wait to see which side is being truthful.

However you seem awfully quick to come to Iran's defense in these issues. Iran as openly supported terrorism and other bad acts in the region. If it comes to a question of he said, she said, I will have to go with the United States rather than the word of the Mullahs in Iran.

But I will bookmark this thread and revisit it when evidence comes out one way or the other.
I'm very quick to urge restraint in blaming anyone without solid evidence.
Seems what reasonable people should do.
And since the U.S. gov't has a record of falsely accusing foreign countries and others of various crimes, and using those false accusations as grounds for war or invasion, yes, i'm especially hesitant to believe unsupported assertions of blame from our Intel community and Presidents (DorR).
Examples: Viet Nam, Iraq wars 1 & 2, Syria, Libya, several Latin American countries, etc etc..

As far as the Mullahs are concerned on the drone strike and other denials, Well I don't trust them either. However, the burden of proof on the accuser. Just becasue there's an ex-con NEAR the latest Store robbery doesn't mean he did it... or that he's lying.... this time.

But add to that, part of my assessment here has to do with "who benefits" And as far as i can tell it makes ZERO sense for Iran... in the midst of other sanctions... to bomb 2 of it's friendly trading partner's ships.

And as fars as Shooting down spy planes drones goes... well frankly I don't blame anyone foreign or domestic for doing that. I'd do it to if i could get away with it.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
https://www.cracked.com/blog/5-kille...ke-down-drone/
__________________
.
"It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties.
The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents."

..James Madison
.
"Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God."
..1 Peter 2:16
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2019, 07:34 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,376
Thanks: 57,140
Thanked 26,877 Times in 19,325 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: How to take on Iran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Notice what's NOT there?...

A warning from Iran...

There was zero communications from Iran saying "Attention US...Your drone has come into Iranian jurisdiction, you must remove it, immediately, and direct it back into international waters...You have 1 minute before we consider this a willing infiltration and fire upon the drone."...

To my knowledge, nothing like that at all...
I guess they were tired of Bolton and whatzhisface's little games.
__________________
The IRS budget has been reduced by roughly 20%. Meanwhile, the richest 1% have been able to evade as much as $163 billion a year in taxes. These things are directly connected.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2019, 11:59 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,010
Thanks: 11,251
Thanked 15,579 Times in 8,366 Posts
Default Re: How to take on Iran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Notice what's NOT there?...

A warning from Iran...

There was zero communications from Iran saying "Attention US...Your drone has come into Iranian jurisdiction, you must remove it, immediately, and direct it back into international waters...You have 1 minute before we consider this a willing infiltration and fire upon the drone."...

To my knowledge, nothing like that at all...
Well, we have that warning now. Iran has threatened to shoot any unmanned drone over their airspace.

However, the one they did shoot down was reportedly over international waters. Further, we have no idea how they can tell positively whether or not a targeted aircraft is manned.

They said they are going to do it. So blame should be easy to place.

Question, What should the USA do if they do shoot down an occupied aircraft? What if they deny responsibility?

It's really time to put an end to the extorsion tactics. President Obama sent them plane loads of cash in an effort to obtain peace and stability in the region. How did that workout?
It might well be time to consider sending another plane loaded with something else.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 06-24-2019 at 12:05 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2019, 12:34 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,020
Thanks: 13,386
Thanked 9,843 Times in 5,585 Posts
Default Re: How to take on Iran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Well, we have that warning now. Iran has threatened to shoot any unmanned drone over their airspace.

However, the one they did shoot down was reportedly over international waters. Further, we have no idea how they can tell positively whether or not a targeted aircraft is manned.

They said they are going to do it. So blame should be easy to place.

Question, What should the USA do if they do shoot down an occupied aircraft? What if they deny responsibility?

It's really time to put an end to the extorsion tactics. President Obama sent them plane loads of cash in an effort to obtain peace and stability in the region. How did that workout?
It might well be time to consider sending another plane loaded with something else.
I'm betting that if another US asset is targeted with hostile intentions, you may get your wish. One drone being shot down and be attributed to a mistake. After that, they are asking to get their hand smacked.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
how, iran, take

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0