Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Mueller Delivered a Message. Washington Couldn’t Agree on What It Was. at the General Forum; Originally Posted by treedancer You don't think that he broke that he broke obstruction of justice? The Nixon and Clinton ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2019, 11:10 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,139
Thanks: 11,390
Thanked 15,735 Times in 8,447 Posts
Default Re: Mueller Delivered a Message. Washington Couldn’t Agree on What It Was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedancer View Post
You don't think that he broke that he broke obstruction of justice? The Nixon and Clinton case put that theory to rest.
Theory? What Theory? I have presented no theory. Your straw man falls flat on his nose. Not even close.

Clinton had indictments for committing crimes.

Nixon would have been the same but he resigned before indictments were issued..

According to Mueller, NO indictable crimes were committed by Trump, his family or his campaign team.

Your presumptions have no foundation in fact.

If you want a theory;;;;
Comey determined Hillary committed crimes but had not intended to. So he let her off
Trump is cleared of committing any crimes but will be tried for what the left presumes he "intended."
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2019, 11:50 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,700
Thanks: 57,328
Thanked 26,946 Times in 19,377 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Mueller Delivered a Message. Washington Couldn’t Agree on What It Was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Theory? What Theory? I have presented no theory. Your straw man falls flat on his nose. Not even close.

Clinton had indictments for committing crimes.

Nixon would have been the same but he resigned before indictments were issued..

According to Mueller, NO indictable crimes were committed by Trump, his family or his campaign team.

Your presumptions have no foundation in fact.

If you want a theory;;;;
Comey determined Hillary committed crimes but had not intended to. So he let her off
Trump is cleared of committing any crimes but will be tried for what the left presumes he "intended."
The GOP is made up differently than it was during Nixon. Trump refused to testify before Mueller or a grand jury. you are impugning Clinton because he followed the law and was more ethical. great smear, my dear.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2019, 11:53 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,842 Posts
Default Re: Mueller Delivered a Message. Washington Couldn’t Agree on What It Was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
According to Mueller, NO indictable crimes were committed by Trump, his family or his campaign team.
They say the federal government could indict a peanut butter sandwich. Being able to obtain an indictment is not the criteria used by prosecutors and Mueller doesn't mention not being able to obtain an indictment in addressing crimes of conspiracy by members of the Trump campaign including members of Trump's family. Mueller stated he had insufficient evidence to obtain a conviction. There's certainly evidence of the conspiracy but the criteria of "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" was not met after two years where half of those are in Russia and Mueller couldn't obtain any information from them and the Trump campaign basically couldn't be trust in anything they said.

In cases like this where there's evidence of the crime but insufficient evidence the investigation continues to gather the compelling evidence.

Remember that it took the FBI 15 years to gather the evidence to convict John Gotti after he became the head of the Gambino crime family.

Donald Trump cannot be indicted and prosecuted as long as he holds office based upon DOJ policy regardless of how compelling the evidence of criminal guilt it.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,977
Thanks: 14
Thanked 644 Times in 579 Posts
Default Re: Mueller Delivered a Message. Washington Couldn’t Agree on What It Was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
According to Mueller, NO indictable crimes were committed by Trump, his family or his campaign team.

Trump is cleared of committing any crimes . . .
Both of these statements are 100% false, which anyone who actually read the report (or just listened to Mueller’s 5-minute statement the other day) would know.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2019, 12:21 AM
treedancer's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St.Louis Mo.
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,984
Thanks: 938
Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,248 Posts
Default Re: Mueller Delivered a Message. Washington Couldn’t Agree on What It Was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Theory? What Theory? I have presented no theory. Your straw man falls flat on his nose. Not even close.

Clinton had indictments for committing crimes.

Nixon would have been the same but he resigned before indictments were issued..

According to Mueller, NO indictable crimes were committed by Trump, his family or his campaign team.

Your presumptions have no foundation in fact.

If you want a theory;;;;
Comey determined Hillary committed crimes but had not intended to. So he let her off
Trump is cleared of committing any crimes but will be tried for what the left presumes he "intended."
Citing the "Nixon and Clinton case"is not a straw man like yer import from fAux sNoozes "Hillary committed crimes." It has its roots In the corrupt use of power to frustrate lawful investigations. Does"high crime and misdemeanors"ring a bell in yer ole noggin?
__________________
"Patriotism is the exact opposite of nationalism. Nationalism is a betrayal of patriotism. By putting our own interests first, with no regard for others, we erase the very thing that a nation holds dearest, and the thing that keeps it alive: its moral values."
French President Emmanuel Macron

Last edited by treedancer; 06-02-2019 at 12:27 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2019, 01:51 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,700
Thanks: 57,328
Thanked 26,946 Times in 19,377 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Mueller Delivered a Message. Washington Couldn’t Agree on What It Was.

Basically, as I overheard someone say today while discussing Mueller and Trump supporters: Mueller brought a book to a twitter fight.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
agree, couldn’t, delivered, message, mueller, was, washington, what

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0