Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss New York Times Apologizes To Trump in Stunning Reversal, Demands Mainstream Media Do at the General Forum; Originally Posted by CindyB It's as close as we will ever get from the far leftist NYT. And FTR, the ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2019, 11:10 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,841 Posts
Default Re: New York Times Apologizes To Trump in Stunning Reversal, Demands Mainstream Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
It's as close as we will ever get from the far leftist NYT.
And FTR, the NYT did NOT have to allow it to be printed and they did,
that, in itself, says something IMO.
The NYT's along with all liberal publications welcomes opposing opinions unlike some right-wing publications (e.g. National Review).

We also know that the President has an aversion to reading but he's an avid Fox News follower which is where he gets most of his information. It was Fox News that claimed it was a NYT's editorial when, in fact, it was a guest editorial, and it was Fox News that claimed that the "Media and Dems" owed Trump an apology.

President Trump didn't identify the guest editorial by Buskirk and never claimed he'd read that editorial. Trump claimed a non-existent editorial included an apology from the NYT's (that not even Buskirk claimed). All we have are Trump supporters making up a story to cover-up another lie by Donald Trump.

How pathetic.

Note:The NYT's has never apologized to President Trump because there's no reason for the NYT's to apologize for telling the truth about Trump.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2019, 11:11 AM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,576
Thanks: 10,047
Thanked 5,813 Times in 3,591 Posts
Default Re: New York Times Apologizes To Trump in Stunning Reversal, Demands Mainstream Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
We can comment on the fact that Trump was lying again when he claimed the NYT issued an apology and now Trump supporters are lying to try and back up the President's lie.
You can 'comment' on anything you like, it's still a free country, for the most part.
__________________
The Democrats are not after the truth, they are after the President.
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2019, 11:14 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,841 Posts
Default Re: New York Times Apologizes To Trump in Stunning Reversal, Demands Mainstream Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
You can 'comment' on anything you like, it's still a free country, for the most part.
That's true and arguably commenting on the truth (e.g. Trump's a compulsive liar) is better than inventing lies to cover-up Trump lies.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2019, 11:44 AM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,576
Thanks: 10,047
Thanked 5,813 Times in 3,591 Posts
Default Re: New York Times Apologizes To Trump in Stunning Reversal, Demands Mainstream Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
That's true and arguably commenting on the truth (e.g. Trump's a compulsive liar) is better than inventing lies to cover-up Trump lies.
"If you like your Insurance you can keep it" ...Barack Obama 27 times.

Now THAT'S what I call a Lie, something that affected untold millions of people
__________________
The Democrats are not after the truth, they are after the President.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CindyB For This Useful Post:
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2019, 05:44 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 84,155
Thanks: 56,231
Thanked 26,548 Times in 19,034 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: New York Times Apologizes To Trump in Stunning Reversal, Demands Mainstream Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
"If you like your Insurance you can keep it" ...Barack Obama 27 times.

Now THAT'S what I call a Lie, something that affected untold millions of people
turns out recoiling from obama care was bad for the country. who knew
well I did but guess you were brainwashed as usual
my caregiver is getting insurance only because of obama care. the idaho voters expanded medicaid last year. sucks to be out of the loop huh?
__________________

masked, social, it is TIME for each individual to have a space heater
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2019, 07:23 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,978
Thanks: 10,357
Thanked 13,998 Times in 7,619 Posts
Default Re: New York Times Apologizes To Trump in Stunning Reversal, Demands Mainstream Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
turns out recoiling from obama care was bad for the country. who knew
well I did but guess you were brainwashed as usual
my caregiver is getting insurance only because of obama care. the idaho voters expanded medicaid last year. sucks to be out of the loop huh?
A lie is a lie babe. That sucks yes.

Obama care canceled our catastrophic insurance. After paying for a policy for 30 years, I'm out over $20K because we went bare for 6 months looking for insurance. The wife needed emergency surgery. Exactly why we had such a policy.

Obama said we could keep our insurance if we liked it. As it had worked for us well for over 30 years, We did like it but could not keep it.

So, not everybody made out as well as you claim you have.

It seems a lot of people who were responsibly paying their own way got the shaft on this one. I have yet to hear from anyone (whom I trust) that their premiums went down.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #57 (permalink)  
Old 04-26-2019, 07:00 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,708
Thanks: 9,590
Thanked 6,901 Times in 3,948 Posts
Default Re: New York Times Apologizes To Trump in Stunning Reversal, Demands Mainstream Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
A lie is a lie babe. That sucks yes.

Obama care canceled our catastrophic insurance. After paying for a policy for 30 years, I'm out over $20K because we went bare for 6 months looking for insurance. The wife needed emergency surgery. Exactly why we had such a policy.

Obama said we could keep our insurance if we liked it. As it had worked for us well for over 30 years, We did like it but could not keep it.

So, not everybody made out as well as you claim you have.

It seems a lot of people who were responsibly paying their own way got the shaft on this one. I have yet to hear from anyone (whom I trust) that their premiums went down.
I'm in a similar boat. While I didn't loose my insurance, my premiums went up by a factor of 10 and my deductible went from around $500 to over $9,000 within a couple of years. And after it reached that level, I was hospitalized in intensive care for the last couple of days in December 2013 and the first 3 months of 2014. My out of pocket costs were well over $30,000. Had this happened prior to Obamacare, my out of pockets costs would have been below $5,000.

Thanks Barack!
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 04-26-2019, 10:04 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 18,878
Thanks: 12,354
Thanked 13,338 Times in 7,772 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: New York Times Apologizes To Trump in Stunning Reversal, Demands Mainstream Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
I'm in a similar boat. While I didn't loose my insurance, my premiums went up by a factor of 10 and my deductible went from around $500 to over $9,000 within a couple of years. And after it reached that level, I was hospitalized in intensive care for the last couple of days in December 2013 and the first 3 months of 2014. My out of pocket costs were well over $30,000. Had this happened prior to Obamacare, my out of pockets costs would have been below $5,000.

Thanks Barack!
The thinking is you enjoyed the benefits of medical insurance coverage for all these years while others had none. Under Obamacare you have to pay your fair share which includes coverage you don't need or cannot use to finance those people who cannot "afford" health insurance. But don't worry, under Medicare for all you'll not only continue paying for other people's health insurance you'll be relegated to standing in line waiting for service.
__________________
If Democrats were confident their nominee actually received more than 80 million votes they wouldn't have more troops occupying Washington, DC than Lincoln had defending the city during the Civil War. Not Joe Biden, Kim Jung Biden.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
apologizes, demands, mainstream, media, new, reversal, stunning, times, trump, york

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0