Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Lara Logan tells riveting untold story: My Benghazi report was buried to protect the at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Dave1 Pretty much.... Benghazi was all about CIA black ops that went bad.... Of course none of ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2019, 12:05 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,965
Thanks: 2,308
Thanked 36,756 Times in 20,858 Posts
Default Re: Lara Logan tells riveting untold story: My Benghazi report was buried to protect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
Pretty much....

Benghazi was all about CIA black ops that went bad....

Of course none of that is official and what we were actually doing there will never be revealed...

But, it makes perfect political fodder for Trumplicans as per usual...
Four Americans died instead of being protected = "political fodder"...

There are a few I'd expect this from....You weren't one of them...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2019, 12:33 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,658
Thanks: 56,106
Thanked 26,492 Times in 18,984 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Lara Logan tells riveting untold story: My Benghazi report was buried to protect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Four Americans died instead of being protected = "political fodder"...

There are a few I'd expect this from....You weren't one of them...
I thought conservatives were supposed to be pragmatists. And no it's not that when people call a spade a spade they have no feelings. It's that they just try to face reality. It isn't Dave who kills the heroic and the innocent; it's our government. For what ungodly unknown reason or for the greater good we'll likely never know. It just happened but Trump chose to exploit it for politics. Two bads don't make a good.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2019, 12:34 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,658
Thanks: 56,106
Thanked 26,492 Times in 18,984 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Lara Logan tells riveting untold story: My Benghazi report was buried to protect

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I thought conservatives were supposed to be pragmatists. And no it's not that when people call a spade a spade they have no feelings. It's that they just try to face reality. It isn't Dave who kills the heroic and the innocent; it's our government. For what ungodly unknown reason or for the greater good we'll likely never know. It just happened but Trump chose to exploit it for politics. Two bads don't make a good.
and the first doesn't make the second exonerated
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2019, 07:44 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,320
Thanks: 11,555
Thanked 9,639 Times in 5,926 Posts
Default Re: Lara Logan tells riveting untold story: My Benghazi report was buried to protect

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
OMG, this is just the sort of bull shLt story that is tearing our country a part. Give it a rest.
You say 'give it a rest', because perhaps you don't like to be reminded that the POTUS and SOS let American citizens be slaughtered?

That they were offered up as sacrifices for nothing? That our military, ready to go in and try to help them, were told to stand down?

You've hit a new low, Salty.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2019, 08:15 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,918
Thanks: 10,271
Thanked 13,883 Times in 7,575 Posts
Default Re: Lara Logan tells riveting untold story: My Benghazi report was buried to protect

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
By 'we' I hope you're not including the troll who posted this.
That whole Benghazi-Benghazi thing was/is a political hacking tool. It certainly did its job on you.
Your masters preach that the 'other' is evil. stirring up violence and mistrust.
Dang! What a key hole you are. I wish you'd wake the heck up.
Putting Hilary /Rice/ Obama aside, the Benghazi incident was an shameful embarrassment to our nation. People we put out in harms way were abandoned to die because of fear for political fallout. Heroes who saved many lives that night excoriated by the willing media. Along with anyone who dared tell the truth.

A truth that eventually surfaced and has not changed in 7 years. The phone rang at 2:00 AM and nobody picked it up. The cavalry did not arrive because, it was never sent.

The amateur coverup that followed is a whole nuther matter.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2019, 10:25 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,989
Thanks: 664
Thanked 6,913 Times in 4,954 Posts
Default Re: Lara Logan tells riveting untold story: My Benghazi report was buried to protect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
The terrorist attack at Benghazi hasn't just been investigated it's been over-investigated by Republican lead Congressional committees and there's one thing we've learned.

There was nothing improper or inadequate in the response to the terrorist attack in Benghazi by the US government and our military.
I'll further study your bullshlt if you agree that the Trump investigation has been investigated and overinvestigated and is done with.

SHEEEE-IT!
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2019, 10:43 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,841 Posts
Default Re: Lara Logan tells riveting untold story: My Benghazi report was buried to protect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyB View Post
Good grief Shiva there WAS NO "response" - no one came to the aid of those poor guys.
Nice of you to omit this part of the OP
The protection and defense of a US consulate is the responsibility of the host country and not of the United States government. Only the protection and defense of the US embassy is our responsibility.

In Benghazi there was a local militia assigned to provide for the protection and defense of the consulate. They responded to the attack by going to the consulate and removing those at the consulate to safety.

With the initial attack Diplomatic Security Service Special Agent Scott Strickland secured Ambassador Christopher Stevens and Sean Smith, an information management officer, in the main building's safe haven. The main building was set on fire by the terrorists and Strickland directed Stevens and Smith to follow him and leave the building. For some unknown reason Stevens and Smith failed to follow Strickland, remaining in the main building, where they were overcome by the smoke from the fire. Strickland re-entered the main building several times trying to locate Stevens and Smith but couldn't find them because of the smoke.

Their failure to exit the burning building also made it impossible for the Libyan militia to locate them and removed them to safety.

Three agents in an armored vehicle returned to the main building and located the body of Smith but not Stevens.

Local citizens of Benghazi had already entered the main building, located Ambassador Stevens that was unconscious at the time and had transported him to the local hospital but it was too late. After receiving 90 minutes of CPR Stevens was declared deceased with the cause of death being asphyxiation caused by smoke inhalation.

There was nothing anyone could have done to save the lives of Stevens and Smith that died because they failed to follow Strickland's directions to exit the burning main building.

Two CIA operatives, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, both former Navy SEALs also died during of the terrorist attack. They were on the annex roof providing security and were killed by two mortar rounds that landed on the roof.

By early morning, escorted by members of the Libyan militia, all of the US consulate personnel were safely evacuated from Benghazi.

There's nothing that the US military could have done to change the situation. The Air Force fighters in Sicily were too far away and there wasn't a defined target for them to attack. They couldn't have even reached Benghazi before the attack was over and would have required Libyan government approval, that I've not read they had, to enter Libyan air space.

A rescue team from Tripoli, that included Doherty, had been sent to Benghazi but there wasn't anything they could do that the Libyan militia wasn't already doing. Nothing could have been done to save Stevens or Smith once they failed to follow Strickland out of the main building.

Everything that could be done was done and the response by the Libyan militia that had the responsibility for protecting the consulate was excellent.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2019, 10:53 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,841 Posts
Default Re: Lara Logan tells riveting untold story: My Benghazi report was buried to protect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
You say 'give it a rest', because perhaps you don't like to be reminded that the POTUS and SOS let American citizens be slaughtered?

That they were offered up as sacrifices for nothing? That our military, ready to go in and try to help them, were told to stand down?

You've hit a new low, Salty.
The personnel at Benghazi were under the protection of the local Libyan militia that responded and provided protection for the US Consulate personnel. Ambassador Stevens and Information Officer Smith did not die from a lack of or an inadequate response by the Libyan militia that responded to the terrorist attack. They died because they failed to follow CIA Security Agent Strickland's directions to exit the burning main building. They weren't "slaughtered" by the terrorists. They died from asphyxiation caused by smoke inhalation, and had no other apparent injuries.

Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, that had taken a dangerous position on top of the annex roof, both died in a mortar attack that no amount of US forces would have prevented.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2019, 11:01 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,989
Thanks: 664
Thanked 6,913 Times in 4,954 Posts
Default Re: Lara Logan tells riveting untold story: My Benghazi report was buried to protect

Is it my imagination or what? Does anybody remember some official in the news saying that there would not be enough time for reinforcements because the terrorists would have finished the attack before then?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2019, 11:02 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,918
Thanks: 10,271
Thanked 13,883 Times in 7,575 Posts
Default Re: Lara Logan tells riveting untold story: My Benghazi report was buried to protect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
The personnel at Benghazi were under the protection of the local Libyan militia that responded and provided protection for the US Consulate personnel. Ambassador Stevens and Information Officer Smith did not die from a lack of or an inadequate response by the Libyan militia that responded to the terrorist attack. They died because they failed to follow CIA Security Agent Strickland's directions to exit the burning main building. They weren't "slaughtered" by the terrorists. They died from asphyxiation caused by smoke inhalation, and had no other apparent injuries.

Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, that had taken a dangerous position on top of the annex roof, both died in a mortar attack that no amount of US forces would have prevented.
OMG are you off the chart here. The local militia walked away. The Americans called for help from their government and were flatly turned down. They couldn't "walk away" as the structure was surrounded.

The Americans who did defy orders were at the annex and came over to help despite instructions to "stand down."

The Obama administration made a bad call here. It might have worked out with just some property damage. but,,,;Things did not go well. The sloppy BS coverup is a whole nuther matter. And has been shown to be a fabrication. A hoax.


No matter how many times you repeat the lies,,,; It doesn't change the facts on the ground.

BTW "Slaughtered" or "Asphyxiated" is small comfort to the families.,,, they are still DEAD killed horribly at the hands of the Terrorists.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
benghazi, buried, lara, logan, protect, report, riveting, story, tells, the, untold, was

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0