Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Attorney General Barr tells Congress that 'spying' on Trump campaign 'did occur' at the General Forum; Originally Posted by saltwn 30 trillion to one what? You ever watch The Big Bang Theory?...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2019, 01:10 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,988
Thanks: 664
Thanked 6,913 Times in 4,954 Posts
Default Re: Attorney General Barr tells Congress that 'spying' on Trump campaign 'did occur'

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
30 trillion to one what?
You ever watch The Big Bang Theory?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2019, 01:50 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,658
Thanks: 56,106
Thanked 26,492 Times in 18,984 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Attorney General Barr tells Congress that 'spying' on Trump campaign 'did occur'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
You ever watch The Big Bang Theory?
about twice. no regular tv.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2019, 12:15 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,534
Thanks: 9,972
Thanked 5,780 Times in 3,574 Posts
Default Re: Attorney General Barr tells Congress that 'spying' on Trump campaign 'did occur'

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
barr is walking the very thin line with his speech. he's very good or his handlers are.
treasonous behavior always calls for investigation
maga poops equate it with spying because their god told them to do that. their god uses twitter and primitive tribal pep rallies to communicate with them
Lol, there was NO treasonous behavior and you know it. Why do you post things that you KNOW are lies? When you PLANT people inside a presidential campaign to spy, that is spying. I realize you may be a bit mentally impaired but geesh. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with Trump's awesome economy, I know you were hoping the country would fail with him as POTUS.

FTR, "There is only ONE God Ma'am and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that". Captain America - 1st Avengers movie
__________________
The Democrats are not after the truth, they are after the President.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CindyB For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2019, 12:16 PM
CindyB's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,534
Thanks: 9,972
Thanked 5,780 Times in 3,574 Posts
Default Re: Attorney General Barr tells Congress that 'spying' on Trump campaign 'did occur'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
You ever watch The Big Bang Theory?
I LOVE Big Bang, I love Sheldon Cooper.
__________________
The Democrats are not after the truth, they are after the President.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2019, 12:18 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,206 Times in 8,268 Posts
Default Re: Attorney General Barr tells Congress that 'spying' on Trump campaign 'did occur'

Soooooooo:

Trump Russia Collusion = 0

Obama Trump spying - 1

__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2019, 12:57 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,917
Thanks: 10,269
Thanked 13,882 Times in 7,575 Posts
Default Re: Attorney General Barr tells Congress that 'spying' on Trump campaign 'did occur'

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post


Let's talk about what was REALLY said instead of relying on the headline, shall we?

Barr said he THINKS "spying" took place.
He never justifies that statement.
I repeat, he never provides any evidence for that statement...

Moreover, he won't even "suggest" that the "spying" was not adequately predicated...

From the article:
"So you're not suggesting, though, that spying occurred?" Shaheen asked.

"I think spying did occur. Yes, I think spying did occur," Barr said. "But the question is whether it was predicated, adequately predicated — and I'm not suggesting it wasn't adequately predicated. But I need to explore that. I think it's my obligation. Congress is usually very concerned about intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies staying in their proper lane, and I want to make sure that happened."


His final statement is the most laughable one of them all...
Barr would later hedge somewhat, adding "I am not saying that improper surveillance occurred. I am saying that I am concerned about it and looking into it. That's all."

At least with the Russian investigation, there was (and still is) evidence PROVING Russia interfered in our election.
This resulted in indictments, prosecutions and convictions.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...nts-grand-jury

This thread is about believing a problem exists but having no evidence...



What you just said IS a lie.
You said: "AG says there's evidence ..."
There is no such evidence.
If you claim there is, then you should be able to explicitly point out what evidence the AG has, right?

The only one lying here is you...


I've never know Hairy to LIE. And he didn't here. Hairy said The Ag says there is evidence. The AG did say that. Even though there may not be any evidence, that is what the AG said.
Your spin sounds a lot like the crap a prominent Vegas lawyer used to do with hooker stories about the President. The IRS arrested him today and seized his assets.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 04-11-2019 at 01:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2019, 01:45 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,206 Times in 8,268 Posts
Default Re: Attorney General Barr tells Congress that 'spying' on Trump campaign 'did occur'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
I've never know Hairy to LIE.
I only lie to women at bars.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hairy Jello For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2019, 01:51 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,917
Thanks: 10,269
Thanked 13,882 Times in 7,575 Posts
Default Re: Attorney General Barr tells Congress that 'spying' on Trump campaign 'did occur'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
I only lie to women at bars.
I got pulled away by work of all things and could not extend my remarks.

I don't think AG Barr actually told the House Judiciary that he had evidence of spying. There is plenty of evidence of spying into the trump campaign. So, that is just generally known. What he said was that he "believed there was spying" but needed to ascertain if it was LEGAL.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ty/3421411002/

I believe Foundit 66 seized on the words said and suggested what he believed they could mean.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2019, 07:22 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,248
Thanks: 11,278
Thanked 7,424 Times in 4,958 Posts
Default Re: Attorney General Barr tells Congress that 'spying' on Trump campaign 'did occur'

Looks like to me the Obama Admin or some elements DID in fact spy on Trump.
to me that doesn't seem like it's that outlandish at all. the surveillance State apparatus is there and it will be used.
It has been used.
the CIA and FBI have admitted to illegally spying on congress. So how's the ethical line on spying on political candidates come before that?
I suspect that EVERY presidential, congressional and gubernatorial political candidate has had various U.S. Intel agencies spying on them. "for national security purposes" of course. -cough-

All this 'maybe so maybe no' stuff is kinda silly based on what we know about Gov't surveillance and how many times they've been caught in lies about how they don't or didn't spy on this or that group/person in this or that way.
How many Snowdens, Assanges, NSA whistle blowers etc. does it take for us to the message.
Of course they spied on Trump.

The only questions really are, who did it exactly, and what did they want to use it for.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2019, 07:43 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Default Re: Attorney General Barr tells Congress that 'spying' on Trump campaign 'did occur'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Correct...he didn't say anything was written in stone...
It's not just that it's not "written in stone".
He's admitting he has absolutely no evidence on that assessment...

The investigation into Russian collusion / interference had evidence and the right ignores it. We actually had indictments, arrests and convictions and the right ignores it.
Absolutely no evidence shown that illegal / unconstitutional surveillance of Trump happened and you guys are eager for the witch hunt...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
Peeps are gonna think I'm psychic thanks to Foundit.
You can't understand what was actually said.
Somebody points out your mistake.
You think you deserve kudoes for being psychic...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
Obama's admin spied on Trump so we're gonna claim it's a lie! Mueller's report said there was no Russian collusion so we're gonna claim it's a lie!
That's not even what I actually said.
I said Barr never claimed the spying actually happened...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
attorney, barr, campaign, congress, did, general, occur, pying, tells, that, trump

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0