Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Pakistani woman says husband beat her, shaved her head after she refused to dance for at the General Forum; Originally Posted by RedState **** off you Bigot. Seriously, does your ignorance ever stop? You think white christian men don't ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2019, 11:22 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,902
Thanks: 654
Thanked 6,869 Times in 4,926 Posts
Default Re: Pakistani woman says husband beat her, shaved her head after she refused to dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
**** off you Bigot. Seriously, does your ignorance ever stop? You think white christian men don't beat women? are you really this stupid?
Don't forget. Eternally puny, liberal, leftist, Obama-worshipping, atheistic d**kh**ds also beat women.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2019, 01:34 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,498
Thanks: 13,052
Thanked 4,656 Times in 2,993 Posts
Default Re: Pakistani woman says husband beat her, shaved her head after she refused to dance

It is surely true that people who define themselves as "Christian" (in any survey that may be taken) may have the propensity to beat their wives or girlfriends.

But to describe such behavior as Christlike is certainly an enormous stretch...
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2019, 01:47 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,823
Thanks: 2,296
Thanked 36,525 Times in 20,767 Posts
Default Re: Pakistani woman says husband beat her, shaved her head after she refused to dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
It is surely true that people who define themselves as "Christian" (in any survey that may be taken) may have the propensity to beat their wives or girlfriends.

But to describe such behavior as Christlike is certainly an enormous stretch...
Agreed...

This is a generalization the Left likes to use without actually thinking about it...

There is an enormous difference between doing something disgusting AGAINST their religion/culture and doing something disgusting that is ALLOWED by their culture...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2019, 03:10 AM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,966
Thanks: 1,260
Thanked 1,723 Times in 1,303 Posts
Default Re: Pakistani woman says husband beat her, shaved her head after she refused to dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Agreed...

This is a generalization the Left likes to use without actually thinking about it...

There is an enormous difference between doing something disgusting AGAINST their religion/culture and doing something disgusting that is ALLOWED by their culture...
I agree it can be both of those things, Cultural and Religious. My issue is that you seem to project those reasons into a bigoted attack on all Muslims.

All religions and cultures oppress women, everywhere including in our own. They also oppress homosexuals, and people of other ethnicities, etc.

but to be more accurate, its not the religion themselves that do the oppressing, but the people who practice the religion. religion itself is just a tool for the people who follow it to enact their system of beliefs onto it.

Its why I don't blame every christian man who beats or abuses or murders his wife and blame it on his religion and culture. And by blaming this on 'islam' and 'islamic' culture, you aren't actually helping the victim and in fact you are ignoring the systemic abuse of women globally which includes non muslim countries and cultures.

For instance, Russia just made it legal last year to beat your wife. And they certainly aren't a Muslim country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/artic...7-28d0498c8d56
__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 272.

-- SOURCE --

"I desperately want to be optimistic for the GOP because the nation needs it to be healthy and thriving, but looking at it now, it's hard to see it as anything other than unsalvageable. Worse, it's truly become a menace to liberty in America."
- Evan McMullin
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2019, 09:28 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,902
Thanks: 654
Thanked 6,869 Times in 4,926 Posts
Default Re: Pakistani woman says husband beat her, shaved her head after she refused to dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
I agree it can be both of those things, Cultural and Religious. My issue is that you seem to project those reasons into a bigoted attack on all Muslims.

All religions and cultures oppress women, everywhere including in our own. They also oppress homosexuals, and people of other ethnicities, etc.

but to be more accurate, its not the religion themselves that do the oppressing, but the people who practice the religion. religion itself is just a tool for the people who follow it to enact their system of beliefs onto it.

Its why I don't blame every christian man who beats or abuses or murders his wife and blame it on his religion and culture. And by blaming this on 'islam' and 'islamic' culture, you aren't actually helping the victim and in fact you are ignoring the systemic abuse of women globally which includes non muslim countries and cultures.

For instance, Russia just made it legal last year to beat your wife. And they certainly aren't a Muslim country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/artic...7-28d0498c8d56



Can anyone make out what this verse means?

[4:34] The men are made responsible for the women, and GOD has endowed them with certain qualities, and made them the bread earners. The righteous women will cheerfully accept this arrangement, since it is GOD's commandment, and honor their husbands during their absence. If you experience rebellion from the women, you shall first talk to them, then (you may use negative incentives like) deserting them in bed, then you may (as a last alternative) beat them. If they obey you, you are not permitted to transgress against them. GOD is Most High, Supreme.

https://www.masjidtucson.org/submiss...febeating.html
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2019, 12:25 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,498
Thanks: 13,052
Thanked 4,656 Times in 2,993 Posts
Default Re: Pakistani woman says husband beat her, shaved her head after she refused to dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Can anyone make out what this verse means?

[4:34] The men are made responsible for the women, and GOD has endowed them with certain qualities, and made them the bread earners. The righteous women will cheerfully accept this arrangement, since it is GOD's commandment, and honor their husbands during their absence. If you experience rebellion from the women, you shall first talk to them, then (you may use negative incentives like) deserting them in bed, then you may (as a last alternative) beat them. If they obey you, you are not permitted to transgress against them. GOD is Most High, Supreme.

https://www.masjidtucson.org/submiss...febeating.html
Considering also the commentary given, it appears to say that the husband is to make all the final decisions (after first "consulting" with his wife--perfunctorily, perhaps); and that if she is truly "righteous" (as he is assumed to be also), then all will be well.

At least, that is the way it appears to me...
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,902
Thanks: 654
Thanked 6,869 Times in 4,926 Posts
Default Re: Pakistani woman says husband beat her, shaved her head after she refused to dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
Considering also the commentary given, it appears to say that the husband is to make all the final decisions (after first "consulting" with his wife--perfunctorily, perhaps); and that if she is truly "righteous" (as he is assumed to be also), then all will be well.

At least, that is the way it appears to me...
Yes, that is what it says. But what about this part where it says, "If you experience rebellion from the women, you shall first talk to them, then (you may use negative incentives like) deserting them in bed, then you may (as a last alternative) beat them.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,340
Thanks: 6,897
Thanked 6,777 Times in 4,596 Posts
Default Re: Pakistani woman says husband beat her, shaved her head after she refused to dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
**** off you Bigot. Seriously, does your ignorance ever stop? You think white christian men don't beat women? are you really this stupid?
But you can't see the difference can you? It is against the law here. It is OK in Muslims countries. Do American men stone women? They do it all the time in Muslime countries. Goggle it sometime if you have the stomach for it. You probably don't. Better for you to pretend it doesn't happen.

But you really don't care do you? Republicans don't care much for the Muslim lifestyle, so you automatically stick up for their aberrant behavior.
__________________
Appeasement, is feeding the crocodiles, hoping they will eat you last.
Winston Churchill

Last edited by Dog Man; 04-08-2019 at 04:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2019, 10:27 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,498
Thanks: 13,052
Thanked 4,656 Times in 2,993 Posts
Default Re: Pakistani woman says husband beat her, shaved her head after she refused to dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Yes, that is what it says. But what about this part where it says, "If you experience rebellion from the women, you shall first talk to them, then (you may use negative incentives like) deserting them in bed, then you may (as a last alternative) beat them.
You are entirely correct: Islam (since it really does not consider wives to be real human beings, but merely their husbands' "property") sees stoning as an acceptable practice.

It is, of course, utterly nauseating to civilized human beings...
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2019, 10:42 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,340
Thanks: 6,897
Thanked 6,777 Times in 4,596 Posts
Default Re: Pakistani woman says husband beat her, shaved her head after she refused to dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
You are entirely correct: Islam (since it really does not consider wives to be real human beings, but merely their husbands' "property") sees stoning as an acceptable practice.

It is, of course, utterly nauseating to civilized human beings...
Muslim men are proud of stoning, they have tons of you tube videos showing them stoning women and girls.

You can see all the scumbags filming with their phones and laughing while it is happening.

But I guess it is OK. Lefties will say that Christians did it during the crusades, so we should stop complaining.

They CAN'T condemn them, because that would be agreeing with Trump and Republicans, so they have no other choice except defend this barbaric brutality.
__________________
Appeasement, is feeding the crocodiles, hoping they will eat you last.
Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
after, beat, dance, for, head, her, husband, pakistani, refused, says, shaved, she, woman

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0