Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   News & Current Events (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/)
-   -   Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong Un (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/57272-trump-will-remove-new-north-korea-related-sanctions-because-he-likes-kim-jong-un.html)

saltwn 03-22-2019 03:52 PM

Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong Un
 
Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong Un

Quote:

President Donald Trump said Friday that he would scrap action his administration took only a day earlier to crack down on companies accused of helping North Korea evade sanctions.

"It was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions would be added to those already existing Sanctions on North Korea," the president tweeted on Friday, though the Treasury announcement he appeared to reference took place Thursday and did not involve "large scale" sanctions. "I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!"

Quote:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
It was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions would be added to those already existing Sanctions on North Korea. I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!


Quote:

In explaining the president's sudden announcement, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, "President Trump likes Chairman Kim and he doesn't think these sanctions will be necessary." Trump's tweet and the press secretary's clarification of it sent waves of confusion throughout Washington, from the Pentagon to the White House itself.
Quote:

On Thursday, Treasury designated two China-based shipping companies that it said has aided Pyongyang in circumventing U.S. and international sanctions. The U.S. and its allies have used those economic measures to push North Korea to dismantle its nuclear and missile programs.
Quote:

Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un have met face to face twice, but left a summit in Vietnam last month without reaching a deal on denuclearization. Since the summit, reports have emerged of new activity at a North Korean missile research center and rocket site.
Quote:

Trump's surprise reversal Friday marks a departure from his administration's messaging a day earlier. In a tweet Thursday after the Treasury's announcement, White House National Security Advisor John Bolton said "everyone should take notice and review their own activities to ensure that they are not involved in North Korea's sanctions evasion."
Quote:

John Bolton

@AmbJohnBolton
Important actions today from @USTreasury; the maritime industry must do more to stop North Korea’s illicit shipping practices. Everyone should take notice and review their own activities to ensure they are not involved in North Korea’s sanctions evasion.

Quote:

Treasury Department

@USTreasury
Treasury designates two shipping companies for attempted evasion of North Korea sanctions https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm632


erratic

Hairy Jello 03-22-2019 04:16 PM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Trump revoked the additional sanctions just imposed but kept the existing ones.

Wonder why he revoked the additional ones? Were the current ones enough?

Interesting.

saltwn 03-22-2019 04:24 PM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy Jello (Post 965151)
Trump revoked the additional sanctions just imposed but kept the existing ones.

Wonder why he revoked the additional ones? Were the current ones enough?

Interesting.

No.

FrancSevin 03-22-2019 04:44 PM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
We elect Presidents to do the job of negotiating with other nations. When some do it, they hide everything, every move and then give us a snow job so the State department will accept it or the Senate will ratify it. Later planes full of cash leave the country.

Nothing changes

So far Trump is making changes in the relationship with our North and South Korean neighbors. We seem to begiving South Korea a hand in connecting with the north. And our state of war footing with the PRONK is over.

Other than upsetting career diplomats who have heretofore accomplished NOTHING, I'm not sure what we have lost in the bargain so far.
But no missiles have flown for more than a year. Some of our hostages are now home. We haven't been threatened. And talks go on.

It may not seem like much but, it's more than was accomplished in 80 years with the PRONK.

We trusted President Obama for 8 years. And Like it or not, good or bad, we are where we were in 2016 the result of his management. State of impending war, possibly nuclear, with a mouse desperately attempting to roar. For now Kim is quiet and some hope gleams it may stay that way. For the record, the volatility lies with Kim the absolute dictator not THE Donald who must answer to the people in two years..

That is how it works herein the USA.

saltwn 03-22-2019 04:48 PM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancSevin (Post 965159)
We elect Presidents to do the job of negotiating with other nations. When some do it, they hide everything, every move and then give us a snow job so the State department will accept it or the Senate will ratify it. Later planes full of cash leave the country.

Nothing changes

So far Trump is making changes in the relationship with our North and South Korean neighbors. We seem to begiving South Korea a hand in connecting with the north. And our state of war footing with the PRONK is over.

Other than upsetting career diplomats who have heretofore accomplished NOTHING, I'm not sure what we have lost in the bargain so far.
But no missiles have flown for more than a year. Some of our hostages are now home. We haven't been threatened. And talks go on.

It may not seem like much but, it's more than was accomplished in 80 years with the PRONK.

We trusted President Obama for 8 years. And we are where we were in 2016 the result of his management. State of impending war with a mouse desperately attempting to roar. For now he is quiet and some hope gleams it may stay that way.

oh jezzoose, just admit you are a Trump apologist and be done with it.

FrancSevin 03-22-2019 05:17 PM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 965161)
oh jezzoose, just admit you are a Trump apologist and be done with it.

You always say such BS when you are faced with honest truths you don't like. Nothing to which I must admit any guilt unless you think supporting our system of government is somehow evil or wrong. I will literally defend it to the death of me. An oath I took seriously more than once.

You claim Trump is a criminal and is blowing p the world.
What crimes?
What part of our world is blown up?

Despite more than two years of looking, No crimes against the nation have been found.
And parts of the world on Fire in 2016 are now calm and under more peaceful negotiations.

ISIS caliphate was 1/3 of Iraq and much of Syria. Now gone
We were on the verge of nuclear exchange with PRONK now the diplomats are engaged.
We are winding down the 17 year war in Afghanistan.
All I am saying is these things, you claim, don't exist. Your bile and hatred is from your own inventions. And that of the mendacious sites you call sources. Not any factual truth. And yet you wildly accuse the President of crimes, self interest and misdemeanors.

Perhaps when you admit to TDS and seek professional help,,,,, we can have a sane conversation about how our government does work. Not how you think it should work. But, I am not gonna hold my breath.

Hairy Jello 03-22-2019 05:40 PM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Has anyone heard anything on why Trump did this? Did he say?

jimbo 03-22-2019 06:43 PM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy Jello (Post 965172)
Has anyone heard anything on why Trump did this? Did he say?

Sarah said Trump likes Little Kimmie.

Yea, I don't buy that one either.

Hairy Jello 03-22-2019 07:13 PM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo (Post 965187)
Sarah said Trump likes Little Kimmie.

Yea, I don't buy that one either.

Just read that. My thinking is the sanctions in place are enough. Who knows.

Quote:

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders confirmed the president's decision, saying in a statement, "President Trump likes Chairman Kim and he doesn't think these sanctions will be necessary," referring to North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

WallyWager 03-22-2019 07:20 PM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy Jello (Post 965194)
Just read that. My thinking is the sanctions in place are enough. Who knows.

Or you could go with what they said, not what you think they meant by "Trump likes the dictator.".

cnredd 03-23-2019 12:37 AM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Trump goes back to the same sanctions that were in place on Tuesday of the week...Anti-Trumpers have coniption fit...:shrug

Gordon Shumway 03-23-2019 01:25 AM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
questions for salty...

1) since you have a problem with trump removing the sanctions he put on north korea can i assume you believe trump was right to add sanctions on them to begin with?

2) if trump was right to add sanctions to north korea did you have a problem with obama not adding more sanctions when he had the chance?

i’ll hang up and take my answer off the air (love the show by the way)

RedState 03-23-2019 02:30 AM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 965137)




I'm definitely tired of all the WINNING now. It's official: The UNited States Government no longer has a foreign policy system, it has Cheeto Jesus (who, btw, has no idea what he's doing). Just like in all the other banana republics, politics is personal to the maximum leader.

RedState 03-23-2019 02:34 AM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway (Post 965232)
questions for salty...

1) since you have a problem with trump removing the sanctions he put on north korea can i assume you believe trump was right to add sanctions on them to begin with?

2) if trump was right to add sanctions to north korea did you have a problem with obama not adding more sanctions when he had the chance?

i’ll hang up and take my answer off the air (love the show by the way)

I'm really hoping this was planned out, and we're playing good-cop, bad-cop right now...fingers crossed that this isn't as pathetic as it looks and how the last two years of this dumpster fire of a presidency has proven itself to be. maybe there are still some sane people in the state department.....god damn heroes who have stuck around inside all the insanity trying to keep tRUmp from ****ting over everything.

RedState 03-23-2019 02:42 AM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 965229)
Trump goes back to the same sanctions that were in place on Tuesday of the week...Anti-Trumpers have coniption fit...:shrug

yeah, pretty sure what is troubling to people are the stupid tweets enacting foreign and domestic policy. Don't act so stupid in that you can't understand the implications of tRUmp governing over twitter. Maybe he could let the friggin Secretary of State know he's going to tweet this before he does? or is that too hard for your cheeto jesus to manage? you guys are such damn dishonest partisan hypocrites.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/22/polit...ina/index.html

WallyWager 03-23-2019 09:25 AM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 965229)
Trump goes back to the same sanctions that were in place on Tuesday of the week...Anti-Trumpers have coniption fit...:shrug

And pro-Trumpers completely ignore him getting played by Kim, again.

Imagine if Obama decided to drop sanctions because a dictator said nice things to him.

mr wonder 03-23-2019 10:20 AM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Venezuela, which is not a threat to U.S. in any way, the Trump admin is using sanctions literally starving some of the people and the economy to make it's leader look bad and force a coup. Plus is pretending that someone else is the president there.
While North Korea, which is supposedly a horrific threat to the U.S. and world security becasue they have 1 or 2 nukes, have their sanctions waived... on a personal whim.

makes no sense unless
the U.S. is sometimes just an imperialist bully trying to regain control the oil wealth of Venezuela. And the North Korea really isn't the horrible threat it's made out to be.

Can someone give me some facts that's show otherwise?

AZRWinger 03-23-2019 02:37 PM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WallyWager (Post 965254)
And pro-Trumpers completely ignore him getting played by Kim, again.

Imagine if Obama decided to drop sanctions because a dictator said nice things to him.

Imagine if Obama dropped sanctions against a theocratic dictatorship with a policy of death to Americathat our state department recognized as a leading sponsor of global terrorism in exchange for an agreement they refused to sign? Oh wait, throw in generous cash donation to further their dictatorial ambitions. ;)

saltwn 03-24-2019 01:34 AM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway (Post 965232)
questions for salty...

1) since you have a problem with trump removing the sanctions he put on north korea can i assume you believe trump was right to add sanctions on them to begin with?

2) if trump was right to add sanctions to north korea did you have a problem with obama not adding more sanctions when he had the chance?

i’ll hang up and take my answer off the air (love the show by the way)

trump isnt smart; he's crafty though. I wonder how much kim paid him personally.

heres trumps own words:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...43448634966020
It was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions would be added to those already existing Sanctions on North Korea. I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!

10:22 AM - 22 Mar 2019

in other words he's fighting his own administration. :crazy

RedState 03-24-2019 02:57 AM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 965259)
Venezuela, which is not a threat to U.S. in any way, the Trump admin is using sanctions literally starving some of the people and the economy to make it's leader look bad and force a coup. Plus is pretending that someone else is the president there.
While North Korea, which is supposedly a horrific threat to the U.S. and world security becasue they have 1 or 2 nukes, have their sanctions waived... on a personal whim.

makes no sense unless
the U.S. is sometimes just an imperialist bully trying to regain control the oil wealth of Venezuela. And the North Korea really isn't the horrible threat it's made out to be.

Can someone give me some facts that's show otherwise?

you need facts to prove that North Korea is a horrible threat? Do you not have the googles?

mr wonder 03-24-2019 01:24 PM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedState (Post 965363)
you need facts to prove that North Korea is a horrible threat? Do you not have the googles?

I'm sorry, I need Google to tell me that North Korea is going to attack the U.S. at any any moment with their 2 nukes?
And that we are to weak to defend ourselves from N.K.s mighty Army Navy and Airforce?
And that we'll all be speaking Korean by end of next year if we don't keep our U.S. boot as far up N.Ks butt as we can?

Let me go look that up right away.
:sar3

pjohns 03-24-2019 02:22 PM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WallyWager (Post 965254)
Imagine if Obama decided to drop sanctions because a dictator said nice things to him.

This does seem like a reasonable point.

But it is a reasonable point only to the extent that it may indicate hypocrisy.

It certainly does nothing to disprove the core argument.

pjohns 03-24-2019 02:27 PM

Re: Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong U
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 965259)
[The US] is pretending that someone else is the president [in Venezuela, other than Nicolas Maduro].

"[P]retending" is certainly an interesting choice of verbs. It blatantly overlooks the fact that Juan Guaido is recognized as the legitimate president of Venezuela by both Canada and just about all of Europe.

And it also appears to treat the recent "election" as if it were both free and fair...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0