Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   News & Current Events (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/)
-   -   Bette Midler blames low minimum wage on dangerous Black Friday conditions (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/news-current-events/56446-bette-midler-blames-low-minimum-wage-dangerous-black-friday-conditions.html)

Hairy Jello 11-25-2018 08:54 PM

Bette Midler blames low minimum wage on dangerous Black Friday conditions
 
And the latest outta Hollywood....

That's right; morons trampling each other on Black Friday is due to peeps not makin' enough money.

This is exactly why Twitter should require a minimum IQ to post.

Bette Midler blames low minimum wage on dangerous Black Friday conditions

Bette Midler took to Twitter once again to get into the weeds of politics. This time the 72-year-old singer and actress blamed a low minimum wage for the intense scenes at shopping venues on Black Friday.

Just one day after America took to stores to reap the benefits of the massive sales that act as the unofficial opening to the holiday season, Midler took to Twitter where she implied that the sometimes dangerous shopping conditions occur because average Americans find the low cost of these items more of a necessity than a benefit.


“And how was YOUR Black Friday? No injuries, I hope! It's incredible that we have to fight over STUFF. If there were a DECENT minimum wage, or if workers were treated fairly, and got a tiny portion of the kinds of salaries and bonuses CEOS pay themselves, we wouldn't,” the star wrote.

The reply thread to her tweet is relatively split, with some users chastising the actress for an ill-informed opinion and claiming hypocrisy of making as much as a celebrity. Others, meanwhile, agree with the star’s assessment and defend her for her charity work.

This isn’t the first time in recent weeks that Midler has courted controversy by way of her social media. In early October, she had to apologize for calling women “the n-word of the world.”

In November, she caught backlash twice in the same week. First, she alleged that President Donald Trump’s rhetoric was responsible for the dip in the stock market. She also caught some flak for posting a photo with an inappropriate caption of First Lady Melania Trump.

Over time, the star’s feed has become a slew of anti-Trump thoughts and articles, despite the fact that her words have gotten her into some hot water in the past.

cnredd 11-26-2018 12:51 AM

Re: Bette Midler blames low minimum wage on dangerous Black Friday conditions
 
Quote:

ďAnd how was YOUR Black Friday? No injuries, I hope! It's incredible that we have to fight over STUFF. If there were a DECENT minimum wage, or if workers were treated fairly, and got a tiny portion of the kinds of salaries and bonuses CEOS pay themselves, we wouldn't,Ē the star wrote.
The key part (as in "dumb"), is the phrase "It's incredible that we have to fight over STUFF."...:yes

1) "We" don't have to do crap...Some CHOOSE to...:yes
2) "We"????...I don't remember seeing her in the malls "fighting over stuff"...WTF is she doing including HERSELF???...:no

GottaGo 11-26-2018 08:05 AM

Re: Bette Midler blames low minimum wage on dangerous Black Friday conditions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy Jello (Post 954709)
And the latest outta Hollywood....

That's right; morons trampling each other on Black Friday is due to peeps not makin' enough money.

This is exactly why Twitter should require a minimum IQ to post.

Bette Midler blames low minimum wage on dangerous Black Friday conditions

Bette Midler took to Twitter once again to get into the weeds of politics. This time the 72-year-old singer and actress blamed a low minimum wage for the intense scenes at shopping venues on Black Friday.

Just one day after America took to stores to reap the benefits of the massive sales that act as the unofficial opening to the holiday season, Midler took to Twitter where she implied that the sometimes dangerous shopping conditions occur because average Americans find the low cost of these items more of a necessity than a benefit.


ďAnd how was YOUR Black Friday? No injuries, I hope! It's incredible that we have to fight over STUFF. If there were a DECENT minimum wage, or if workers were treated fairly, and got a tiny portion of the kinds of salaries and bonuses CEOS pay themselves, we wouldn't,Ē the star wrote.

The reply thread to her tweet is relatively split, with some users chastising the actress for an ill-informed opinion and claiming hypocrisy of making as much as a celebrity. Others, meanwhile, agree with the starís assessment and defend her for her charity work.

This isnít the first time in recent weeks that Midler has courted controversy by way of her social media. In early October, she had to apologize for calling women ďthe n-word of the world.Ē

In November, she caught backlash twice in the same week. First, she alleged that President Donald Trumpís rhetoric was responsible for the dip in the stock market. She also caught some flak for posting a photo with an inappropriate caption of First Lady Melania Trump.

Over time, the starís feed has become a slew of anti-Trump thoughts and articles, despite the fact that her words have gotten her into some hot water in the past.

IMO, a has-been, trying to make themselves relevant again.... and failing.

As 'redd mentioned, I don't believe Midler has ever been through a Black Friday to even understand what it is about, which has nothing to do with one's rate of pay, but everything to do with the 'gotta have' mentality.

Waste of whatever the twitter word limit is. Back to more important things, like Snoopy and The Red Baron.....

FrancSevin 11-26-2018 08:55 AM

Re: Bette Midler blames low minimum wage on dangerous Black Friday conditions
 
Bette Midler???/ Who cares?

GetAClue 11-26-2018 11:50 AM

Re: Bette Midler blames low minimum wage on dangerous Black Friday conditions
 
I didn't realize that Bette Midler was still alive and kicking. I wonder how she feels about chile with beans? Some folks claim that chile with beans isn't chile. I was just wondering the other day what Bette Midler thought about it. :D

GottaGo 11-26-2018 11:59 AM

Re: Bette Midler blames low minimum wage on dangerous Black Friday conditions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GetAClue (Post 954742)
I didn't realize that Bette Midler was still alive and kicking. I wonder how she feels about chile with beans? Some folks claim that chile with beans isn't chile. I was just wondering the other day what Bette Midler thought about it. :D

Is that your version of Taco recipes? :D

jamesrage 11-26-2018 12:26 PM

Re: Bette Midler blames low minimum wage on dangerous Black Friday conditions
 
I have to wonder if that rich twit pays her employees and contracted labor.

GetAClue 11-26-2018 02:07 PM

Re: Bette Midler blames low minimum wage on dangerous Black Friday conditions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaGo (Post 954746)
Is that your version of Taco recipes? :D

Yeah, most likely. But I would value her chile opinion just as much as any other opinion she may have, and that would be very little. :thumbsup

So, speaking of chile, what is your opinion? Beans or no beans?

Hairy Jello 11-26-2018 02:21 PM

Re: Bette Midler blames low minimum wage on dangerous Black Friday conditions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaGo (Post 954746)
Is that your version of Taco recipes? :D

Somebody say tacos?

On a serious note, do libs actually believe this kind of nonsense or are they just doin' it to get a rise outta peeps for partisan purposes? Because truthfully I have a hard time believin' anyone can believe some of the crap that comes outta celebs.

https://funnymemess.com/wp-content/u...14-267x300.jpg

GottaGo 11-26-2018 05:00 PM

Re: Bette Midler blames low minimum wage on dangerous Black Friday conditions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GetAClue (Post 954756)
Yeah, most likely. But I would value her chile opinion just as much as any other opinion she may have, and that would be very little. :thumbsup

So, speaking of chile, what is your opinion? Beans or no beans?

I am not a chili person, I have an odd allergy to pepper, black, white or red, or spicy peppers, so most Hispanic based foods aren't on my menu.

However, my spouse is definitely a bean in the chili person! :thumbsup


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0