Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Ted Cruz heckeled out of DC Restaurant at the General Forum; Leftist should be careful what they do because right wingers might decide its time to return the favor. Which I ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2018, 04:38 AM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,325
Thanks: 1,172
Thanked 1,380 Times in 864 Posts
Default Re: Ted Cruz heckeled out of DC Restaurant

Leftist should be careful what they do because right wingers might decide its time to return the favor. Which I hope they do.
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2018, 06:18 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,614
Thanks: 389
Thanked 6,044 Times in 4,382 Posts
Default Re: Ted Cruz heckeled out of DC Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
I don't believe that the Cruz family shouldn't be subjected to heckling whilst having a private dinner.
I nominate the quote above for winner of the Butchering of the English Language award.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2018, 09:59 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,207
Thanks: 4,447
Thanked 5,118 Times in 3,548 Posts
Default Re: Ted Cruz heckeled out of DC Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
I don't believe that the Cruz family shouldn't be subjected to heckling whilst having a private dinner. His opponent, Beto O'Rourke, has the right idea.



I don't like Ted Cruz at all, but if he wants to take his wife out to a restaurant with his own money I don't have an issue with that. Leave him and his alone.

Sans family time however, I absolutely believe we should confront our politicians on their votes and what they support and oppose. None of these guys should be granted some blanket immunity from the public when they go out in public.
Well we all hope to see the same thing happen to Maxine and her ilk.
We just need to teach republicans how to be nasty, hateful, fanatics, willing to disgrace themselves over stupid political stunts.
__________________
By it's very nature, socialism can only expedite misery, repression, and the death of Liberty.

Cole P. Zail
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:04 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,921
Thanks: 5,402
Thanked 3,519 Times in 2,068 Posts
Default Re: Ted Cruz heckeled out of DC Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
I don't believe that the Cruz family shouldn't be subjected to heckling whilst having a private dinner. His opponent, Beto O'Rourke, has the right idea.



I don't like Ted Cruz at all, but if he wants to take his wife out to a restaurant with his own money I don't have an issue with that. Leave him and his alone.

Sans family time however, I absolutely believe we should confront our politicians on their votes and what they support and oppose. None of these guys should be granted some blanket immunity from the public when they go out in public.
There are rules of decency that people should respect. If I disagree with someone that works for me, I have a number of ways to express my opinion without resorting to the antics displayed by members of ANTIFA.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:34 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,614
Thanks: 389
Thanked 6,044 Times in 4,382 Posts
Default Re: Ted Cruz heckeled out of DC Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Well we all hope to see the same thing happen to Maxine and her ilk.
We just need to teach republicans how to be nasty, hateful, fanatics, willing to disgrace themselves over stupid political stunts.
I am a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2018, 12:03 PM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,694
Thanks: 1,561
Thanked 8,920 Times in 5,701 Posts
Default Re: Ted Cruz heckeled out of DC Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
I nominate the quote above for winner of the Butchering of the English Language award.


Should've been "should", not "shouldn't".
__________________
"There's two types of people: people that look at porn, and people that lie about it. But I wasn't looking!" -

Alex Jones
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2018, 12:20 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,048
Thanks: 10,198
Thanked 10,723 Times in 6,480 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Ted Cruz heckeled out of DC Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
I don't believe that the Cruz family shouldn't be subjected to heckling whilst having a private dinner. His opponent, Beto O'Rourke, has the right idea.



I don't like Ted Cruz at all, but if he wants to take his wife out to a restaurant with his own money I don't have an issue with that. Leave him and his alone.

Sans family time however, I absolutely believe we should confront our politicians on their votes and what they support and oppose. None of these guys should be granted some blanket immunity from the public when they go out in public.
The problem is Left wing groups and individuals have demonstrated too often that they have none of the reasonable restraints mentioned in the comment. Besides the public harassment at restaurants and other places of public accommodation, Leftists have blocked the secretary of education from entering a public school and attempted to block cabinet officials from leaving their homes. The WH press secretary has found it necessary to obtain Secret Service protection. Of course the ultimate so far is the Bernie Bro attempting mass assassination of Congressional Republicans.

While I agree with the sentiment of holding public officials accountable as well as the right to free expression far too much of the Left uses their hatred as an excuse for harassment and violence directed against people they disagree with politically.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2018, 02:40 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,207
Thanks: 4,447
Thanked 5,118 Times in 3,548 Posts
Default Re: Ted Cruz heckeled out of DC Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
The problem is Left wing groups and individuals have demonstrated too often that they have none of the reasonable restraints mentioned in the comment. Besides the public harassment at restaurants and other places of public accommodation, Leftists have blocked the secretary of education from entering a public school and attempted to block cabinet officials from leaving their homes. The WH press secretary has found it necessary to obtain Secret Service protection. Of course the ultimate so far is the Bernie Bro attempting mass assassination of Congressional Republicans.

While I agree with the sentiment of holding public officials accountable as well as the right to free expression far too much of the Left uses their hatred as an excuse for harassment and violence directed against people they disagree with politically.
Isn't there a law out there that has to do with intimidation, and harassment?
__________________
By it's very nature, socialism can only expedite misery, repression, and the death of Liberty.

Cole P. Zail
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2018, 03:32 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,921
Thanks: 5,402
Thanked 3,519 Times in 2,068 Posts
Default Re: Ted Cruz heckeled out of DC Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Isn't there a law out there that has to do with intimidation, and harassment?
It apparently doesn't apply to leftist's.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2018, 04:01 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,207
Thanks: 4,447
Thanked 5,118 Times in 3,548 Posts
Default Re: Ted Cruz heckeled out of DC Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
It apparently doesn't apply to leftist's.
It's amazing how much stuff applies to Republicans, but not Dems.
__________________
By it's very nature, socialism can only expedite misery, repression, and the death of Liberty.

Cole P. Zail
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cruz, heckeled, out, restaurant, ted

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0