Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns amid ethics scandals at the General Forum; Originally Posted by GetAClue It's nice to know that the left is suddenly concerned about he excessive spending habits by ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2018, 11:24 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,774
Thanks: 4,064
Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,362 Posts
Default Re: EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns amid ethics scandals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
It's nice to know that the left is suddenly concerned about he excessive spending habits by the EPA administrator. I just wish they had those concerns during the Obama administration when Gina McCarthy was racking up hundreds of thousands of dollars in travel expenses.



Obama EPA Administrators Spent Eight Times More Than Pruitt on International Travel
That was different, she was in the administration of the Messiah. Every was perfect for 8 years.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,319
Thanks: 324
Thanked 5,901 Times in 4,275 Posts
Default Re: EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns amid ethics scandals

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
Are you cherrypicking Rasmussen again?
It is true that the useless weenies who hate America are too chicken to leave it.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2018, 11:34 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,774
Thanks: 4,064
Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,362 Posts
Default Re: EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns amid ethics scandals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
It is true that the useless weenies who hate America are too chicken to leave it.
Yes! they always say they will, but they never do. How patriotic of them.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2018, 01:25 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 79,227
Thanks: 54,839
Thanked 25,970 Times in 18,527 Posts
Default Re: EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns amid ethics scandals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
It's nice to know that the left is suddenly concerned about he excessive spending habits by the EPA administrator. I just wish they had those concerns during the Obama administration when Gina McCarthy was racking up hundreds of thousands of dollars in travel expenses.



Obama EPA Administrators Spent Eight Times More Than Pruitt on International Travel
Maybe they were doing actual work for the protection of the environment and were in office more than a year? Just guessing. Also Pruitt had no authority to get an energy deal with Morocco. That is the purview of another authority.
__________________






Bible trivia: the shortest verse is also the middle verse of the Bible. (KJV)
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2018, 08:54 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 16,776
Thanks: 9,852
Thanked 10,358 Times in 6,302 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns amid ethics scandals

The wailing about Pruitt's travel or security expenses isn't about ethics or wastage, it's a means to an end. Pruitt had to be punished because he pared back the EPA philosophy of expansion like a conquering Roman army. That's unacceptable to the Marxists turned Greenies working to handcuff the economy and skyrocket energy costs. Pruitt's unforgivable sin was using the same regulatory authority the Obama administration used to expand the EPA's reach to instead reform the agency to act within the scope of its legal authority.

Congress rejected legislation authorizing the so-called cap and tax scheme but Obama's EPA responded with a plan to "regulate" CO2 by bureaucratic decree. Pruitt's sin was making the power grabbing EPA aristocracy adhere to the will of Congress.

That's not to say Pruitt wasn't foolish in his administrative conduct, he clearly was. But 13 investigations along with hysterical media coverage as if it was another Teapot Dome level of corruption is designed as an object lesson for anyone who dares blunt the expansion of the Federal bureaucracy's power.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2018, 04:18 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 79,227
Thanks: 54,839
Thanked 25,970 Times in 18,527 Posts
Default Re: EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns amid ethics scandals

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
The wailing about Pruitt's travel or security expenses isn't about ethics or wastage, it's a means to an end. Pruitt had to be punished because he pared back the EPA philosophy of expansion like a conquering Roman army. That's unacceptable to the Marxists turned Greenies working to handcuff the economy and skyrocket energy costs. Pruitt's unforgivable sin was using the same regulatory authority the Obama administration used to expand the EPA's reach to instead reform the agency to act within the scope of its legal authority.

Congress rejected legislation authorizing the so-called cap and tax scheme but Obama's EPA responded with a plan to "regulate" CO2 by bureaucratic decree. Pruitt's sin was making the power grabbing EPA aristocracy adhere to the will of Congress.

That's not to say Pruitt wasn't foolish in his administrative conduct, he clearly was. But 13 investigations along with hysterical media coverage as if it was another Teapot Dome level of corruption is designed as an object lesson for anyone who dares blunt the expansion of the Federal bureaucracy's power.
Then why was Kelly itching to show him the door?
__________________






Bible trivia: the shortest verse is also the middle verse of the Bible. (KJV)
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 16,776
Thanks: 9,852
Thanked 10,358 Times in 6,302 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns amid ethics scandals

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Then why was Kelly itching to show him the door?
Don't know that Kelly was itching to get rid of him. Most were surprised Pruitt stood up to the Democrat hit squad as long as he did. Because thanks to the campaign of assassination from the Left Pruitt had become a political liability.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2018, 07:45 PM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,614
Thanks: 1,560
Thanked 8,878 Times in 5,668 Posts
Default Re: EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns amid ethics scandals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
It's nice to know that the left is suddenly concerned about he excessive spending habits by the EPA administrator. I just wish they had those concerns during the Obama administration when Gina McCarthy was racking up hundreds of thousands of dollars in travel expenses.



Obama EPA Administrators Spent Eight Times More Than Pruitt on International Travel
You and I both know it was far, far more than just international travel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_...#Controversies

It's much too late to cherry-pick an underripe whataboutism.
__________________
"There's two types of people: people that look at porn, and people that lie about it. But I wasn't looking!" -

Alex Jones
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WallyWager For This Useful Post:
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2018, 08:42 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,628
Thanks: 4,722
Thanked 3,185 Times in 1,877 Posts
Default Re: EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns amid ethics scandals

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Maybe they were doing actual work for the protection of the environment and were in office more than a year? Just guessing. Also Pruitt had no authority to get an energy deal with Morocco. That is the purview of another authority.
Oh, so when an Obama appointee is spending money, they are just doing their job. When a Trump appointee is spending money, they are stealing?

Do you ever post sober?
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2018, 08:48 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,628
Thanks: 4,722
Thanked 3,185 Times in 1,877 Posts
Default Re: EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns amid ethics scandals

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
You and I both know it was far, far more than just international travel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_...#Controversies

It's much too late to cherry-pick an underripe whataboutism.
Well then what else was it about because that is what the left was attacking him over. Could it be that the left was only attacking his travel expenditures because if they had gone after him for what they were really upset about, it would have offended the sensibilities of the public?

You posted a Wiki article about the so-called controversies. Outside of a couple the spending which you say is not what the problem is, what else do you portend to be an issue worthy of ousting the EPA senior official?
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amid, chief, epa, ethics, pruitt, resigns, scandals, scott

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0