Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Parkland students claim they are the ‘mass shooting generation.’ But the facts tell d at the General Forum; Originally Posted by saltwn Too much poison in the atmosphere and soil? Makes people crazy ... ummm ...Maybe some poison ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2018, 08:04 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,595
Thanks: 11,593
Thanked 7,774 Times in 5,136 Posts
Default Re: Parkland students claim they are the ‘mass shooting generation.’ But the facts te

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Too much poison in the atmosphere and soil? Makes people crazy
...
ummm ...Maybe some poison in the vaccines too?
just sayin'
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2018, 09:30 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,332
Thanks: 727
Thanked 7,098 Times in 5,076 Posts
Default Re: Parkland students claim they are the ‘mass shooting generation.’ But the facts te

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Too much poison in the atmosphere and soil? Makes people crazy
I don't know but lets not let them have dirty rounds of ammunition and an ar15 ok? That just makes us look tacky.
I know I don't want dirty rounds in any of my firearms. All weapons should be clean and functioning.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2018, 10:31 PM
saltwn's Avatar
1966 Atlantic hurricane
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 85,011
Thanks: 56,370
Thanked 26,595 Times in 19,073 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Parkland students claim they are the ‘mass shooting generation.’ But the facts te

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
ummm ...Maybe some poison in the vaccines too?
just sayin'
Not as dangerous as small pox...oh wait that was eradicated...um by vaccines...
__________________
Prince Phillip was one of the last of that greatest generation who kept the peace and built Western liberal freedom. ~Scott Morrison, PM Australia
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2018, 10:33 PM
saltwn's Avatar
1966 Atlantic hurricane
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 85,011
Thanks: 56,370
Thanked 26,595 Times in 19,073 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Parkland students claim they are the ‘mass shooting generation.’ But the facts te

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Too much poison in the atmosphere and soil? Makes people crazy
I don't know but lets not let them have forty rounds of ammunition and an ar15 ok? That just makes us look tacky.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
just sayin'
__________________
Prince Phillip was one of the last of that greatest generation who kept the peace and built Western liberal freedom. ~Scott Morrison, PM Australia
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2018, 09:18 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,332
Thanks: 727
Thanked 7,098 Times in 5,076 Posts
Default Re: Parkland students claim they are the ‘mass shooting generation.’ But the facts te

Forty, fifty, whatever. I don't care if I look tacky, armed to the teeth.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2018, 09:48 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,841 Posts
Default Re: Parkland students claim they are the ‘mass shooting generation.’ But the facts te

Figures never lie but liars figure.

Twelve school shooting incidents in less than three months in 2018.
Twenty-seven dead victims from these shootings.
Forty-four wounded.

Comparisons to the past are irrelevant to the perception by todays students that they're not safe or the fact that there are reasonable measures that can be taken to reduce both the number of schools shootings and the lethality of school shootings. The students are right. In the past the government has simply blown off the issue of school shootings often claiming "this isn't the time to talk about it" right after a shooting like Columbine and then doing nothing after that when the time was ripe for action and not just more talk.

Individual measures can be circumvented by a determined person but a multi-prong approach in addressing mental illness and violent tendencies, improved criteria for inclusion on the FBI NICS database, improved and universal background checks, and reducing the lethality of available firearms combined can provide an effective barrier that will reduce the number of victims of gun violence that goes far beyond just the deaths in school shootings.

Sadly we get the same old NRA BS that the violence and death tolls cannot be reduced and that the only solution is "more guns" when we know that won't work. Instead of disparaging the kids that have a legitimate issue that they're bringing before America that there are measures that can reduce gun violence and the death toll from gun related incidents we have gun-nuts citing statistics that have no relevance to the fact that the number of victims and the number of incidents can be reduced with a multi-prong change to what we're doing now that doesn't work.

This is not a liberal v conservative issue. Both liberals and conservatives need to take these kids seriously because they're right and we're all wrong for not addressing this issue decades ago.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2018, 10:02 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,332
Thanks: 727
Thanked 7,098 Times in 5,076 Posts
Default Re: Parkland students claim they are the ‘mass shooting generation.’ But the facts te

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
Sadly we get the same old NRA BS that the violence and death tolls cannot be reduced and that the only solution is "more guns" when we know that won't work.
Well, then, disarm the police for starters. That will bring the number of guns down, won't it? Oh, wait. I'm sorry. Tell the bad guys to line up at a certain place and tell them to turn in all their weapons.

Unfortunately. all that the gun grabbers, the anti-gun weenies, and misguided students can think of is to disarm honest, law-abiding people. You people all go chew a bag of prunes, and recycle them several times. Leave this planet, and go to Uranus.

The bad guy shooting up a school is not deterred by signs, chalk, erasers, chairs, or any other stupid thing liberals can summon up for defense. Only bullets from the gun of a good guy will do it.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2018, 10:03 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,841 Posts
Default Re: Parkland students claim they are the ‘mass shooting generation.’ But the facts te

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I don't know but lets not let them have [th]irty rounds of ammunition and an ar15 ok?
I hate the autocorrect function on my cellphone so instead of being stupid and citing "dirty" rounds I've corrected the wording.

There's no necessity for any removable magazine to hold more than the number of rounds that can be held by the internal magazine of a firearm. The lethality of certain firearms such as the very deadly high velocity rifles that include more than just the "assault weapons" like the AR-15 is also a reason to limit the bullet capacity even more.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2018, 10:16 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,332
Thanks: 727
Thanked 7,098 Times in 5,076 Posts
Default Re: Parkland students claim they are the ‘mass shooting generation.’ But the facts te

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
There's no necessity for any removable magazine to hold more than the number of rounds that can be held by the internal magazine of a firearm. The lethality of certain firearms such as the very deadly high velocity rifles that include more than just the "assault weapons" like the AR-15 is also a reason to limit the bullet capacity even more.
You limit your own capacity, and leave honest, law-abiding people alone. Some people are really too stupid to even look at firearms. Not naming anybody.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2018, 10:57 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 19,153
Thanks: 12,699
Thanked 13,661 Times in 7,960 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Parkland students claim they are the ‘mass shooting generation.’ But the facts te

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
Figures never lie but liars figure.

Twelve school shooting incidents in less than three months in 2018.
Twenty-seven dead victims from these shootings.
Forty-four wounded.

Comparisons to the past are irrelevant to the perception by todays students that they're not safe or the fact that there are reasonable measures that can be taken to reduce both the number of schools shootings and the lethality of school shootings. The students are right. In the past the government has simply blown off the issue of school shootings often claiming "this isn't the time to talk about it" right after a shooting like Columbine and then doing nothing after that when the time was ripe for action and not just more talk.

Individual measures can be circumvented by a determined person but a multi-prong approach in addressing mental illness and violent tendencies, improved criteria for inclusion on the FBI NICS database, improved and universal background checks, and reducing the lethality of available firearms combined can provide an effective barrier that will reduce the number of victims of gun violence that goes far beyond just the deaths in school shootings.

Sadly we get the same old NRA BS that the violence and death tolls cannot be reduced and that the only solution is "more guns" when we know that won't work. Instead of disparaging the kids that have a legitimate issue that they're bringing before America that there are measures that can reduce gun violence and the death toll from gun related incidents we have gun-nuts citing statistics that have no relevance to the fact that the number of victims and the number of incidents can be reduced with a multi-prong change to what we're doing now that doesn't work.

This is not a liberal v conservative issue. Both liberals and conservatives need to take these kids seriously because they're right and we're all wrong for not addressing this issue decades ago.
Typical of gun grabbers, the 12 school shootings number is propaganda. No source is given but the actual number of shootings is 3. Deceptive gun grabbers inflate the number with suicides and accidental weapons discharges.

How did having "more guns" work out at the Maryland school? Law enforcement and the school district failed in the Parkland school shooting but the so-called solution is to bar teachers and staff from providing a last line of defense and restrict law abiding gun owners to what gun grabbers deem reasonable.
__________________
If Democrats were confident their nominee actually received more than 80 million votes they wouldn't have more troops occupying Washington, DC than Lincoln had defending the city during the Civil War. Not Joe Biden, Kim Jung Biden.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
are, but, claim, facts, generation’, parkland, shooting, students, tell, the, they, ‘mass

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0