Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Bat I find it kind of interesting that when Supreme Leader Kim threatened the USA (Kim threatened ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2018, 07:17 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,047
Thanks: 1,267
Thanked 1,750 Times in 1,329 Posts
Default Re: Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
I find it kind of interesting that when Supreme Leader Kim threatened the USA (Kim threatened first) and then President Trump replied(threatened) with his "fire and fury" statement, most of the press went apesh!t. Most of the press said President Trump should talk and use diplomacy, not threats. Now that talking is on the table, most of the press seems to be opposed to President Trump and Supreme Leader Kim talking.
I'm trying to decide if the press is bipolar, stupid or promoting conflict.
Promoting Conflict is Good for ratings no doubt. But, I seem to remember the media in general just amazed that a president would be so careless with his words, and over twitter to boot. I don't think you can be a level headed person and think that what tRUmp said was anything less than extremely childish and harmful.

Diplomacy is fine, but you don't elevate rocket man and reward him with something that the regime has been trying to get (a meeting with a US president) since the 90's after they've been acting so belligerently. And you certainly don't do do it without getting some pretty major concessions first.

But it seems like smarter heads than tRUmps in the white house are prevailing as they are already trying to walk back this whole 'meeting' thing.
__________________
People have said not to just dismiss the right as stupid, as it's polarizing and you won't get through to them that way, etc. But it's hard to imagine that someone with even average intelligence could be so lacking in self-awareness as they are.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2018, 07:41 PM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 86
Thanked 1,382 Times in 832 Posts
Default Re: Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Promoting Conflict is Good for ratings no doubt. But, I seem to remember the media in general just amazed that a president would be so careless with his words, and over twitter to boot. I don't think you can be a level headed person and think that what tRUmp said was anything less than extremely childish and harmful.

Diplomacy is fine, but you don't elevate rocket man and reward him with something that the regime has been trying to get (a meeting with a US president) since the 90's after they've been acting so belligerently. And you certainly don't do do it without getting some pretty major concessions first.

But it seems like smarter heads than tRUmps in the white house are prevailing as they are already trying to walk back this whole 'meeting' thing.
Says the person that constantly insults the Presidents name in a childlike manner.

Talking to a country leader that has threatened to attack the USA with nuclear weapons might be a good idea even though the USA can completely destroy said country.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2018, 08:01 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,047
Thanks: 1,267
Thanked 1,750 Times in 1,329 Posts
Default Re: Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
Says the person that constantly insults the Presidents name in a childlike manner.
I don't know about you, but I tend to hold the President of the United States to a much higher standard than I do rando people on the internet.

Quote:
Talking to a country leader that has threatened to attack the USA with nuclear weapons might be a good idea even though the USA can completely destroy said country.
Kim is not inviting tRUmp so that he can surrender North Korea's weapons. Kim is inviting tRUmp to demonstrate that his investment in nuclear and missile capabilities has forced the United States to treat him as an equal.

But who knows? Maybe they’ll bond over the size of their buttons. Toddlers are weird.
__________________
People have said not to just dismiss the right as stupid, as it's polarizing and you won't get through to them that way, etc. But it's hard to imagine that someone with even average intelligence could be so lacking in self-awareness as they are.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2018, 09:13 PM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,110
Thanks: 1,589
Thanked 9,207 Times in 5,898 Posts
Default Re: Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
If this goes our way, Trump should be getting the Nobel Peace prize, right? Or is that only for people that "Say" they are going to create peace?
It all depends on what North Korea does afterward, unfortunately there's no reason to trust them yet. Like I said this could be a Nixon/China moment. Peace with reforms would be nice for a change, would be a big shift the atomic d-ck waving we've seen from Trump and Kim.
__________________
"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." - Donald Trump, on pedophile Jeff Epstein.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2018, 06:47 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 20,395
Thanks: 14,183
Thanked 15,487 Times in 8,859 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
I don't know about you, but I tend to hold the President of the United States to a much higher standard than I do rando people on the internet.



Kim is not inviting tRUmp so that he can surrender North Korea's weapons. Kim is inviting tRUmp to demonstrate that his investment in nuclear and missile capabilities has forced the United States to treat him as an equal.

But who knows? Maybe they’ll bond over the size of their buttons. Toddlers are weird.
When Obama basically abandoned US foreign policy to cut deals with the Iranian theocracy and Cuba's Castro brothers so one-sided they would have been rejected by Neville Chamberlain, it was touted as historic outreach. But when Trump agrees to talks with Rocket man with no preconditions and no sanctions relief it is criticized by the same pundits as validating the NK regime.

In typical Resistance fashion the talks are childishly condemned out of fear Trump might be successful. Solving a long standing problem with NK and stopping their export of nuclear technology is of no concern if it means Trump might get credit for an accomplishment. Talk about toddlers.
__________________
If Democrats were confident their nominee actually received more than 80 million votes they wouldn't have more troops occupying Washington, DC than Lincoln had defending the city during the Civil War. Not Joe Biden, Kim Jung Biden.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2018, 02:43 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,759
Thanks: 10,535
Thanked 8,910 Times in 5,865 Posts
Default Re: Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
It all depends on what North Korea does afterward, unfortunately there's no reason to trust them yet. Like I said this could be a Nixon/China moment. Peace with reforms would be nice for a change, would be a big shift the atomic d-ck waving we've seen from Trump and Kim.
I wonder what goes through Kim's head when he compares his country to the South? He should be feeling like a big ol Loser. If he has 1/2 a brain, he will go along with everything we say. It will only make his country better and more prosperous.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2018, 09:52 AM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 86
Thanked 1,382 Times in 832 Posts
Default Re: Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
I don't know about you, but I tend to hold the President of the United States to a much higher standard than I do rando people on the internet.
I've noticed that your disregard for respect of people knows no bounds. Be they a President or his employer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Kim is not inviting tRUmp so that he can surrender North Korea's weapons. Kim is inviting tRUmp to demonstrate that his investment in nuclear and missile capabilities has forced the United States to treat him as an equal.

But who knows? Maybe they’ll bond over the size of their buttons. Toddlers are weird.
Kim is requesting a seat at the "adult table" of nuclear weapons. This is the first time a sitting USA President has actually granted that request from NK. Previous Presidents have paid bribery and/or extortion to keep NK silent. The past has not worked to reduce NK nuclear ambitions/ability. Perhaps a different tactic is viable.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2018, 07:45 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,020
Thanks: 13,386
Thanked 9,843 Times in 5,585 Posts
Default Re: Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
I wonder what goes through Kim's head when he compares his country to the South? He should be feeling like a big ol Loser. If he has 1/2 a brain, he will go along with everything we say. It will only make his country better and more prosperous.
He's a despot and an lunatic. He lives a life of luxury and is worshiped as a God by the people of NK. What is in it for him personally to normalize relations and NK to help his country become more prosperous? It would mean that he would soon be ousted from power when the people realize what the regime has been doing to them for the past 60-70 years.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
agrees, jong, kim, korea, meet, north, says, south, trump, with

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0