Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Chuck Schumer votes against South Carolina federal judge nominee because he's white at the General Forum; Originally Posted by pjohns A recent report shows that there was no such "collusion." Source?...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2018, 03:30 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,458
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,190 Posts
Default Re: Chuck Schumer votes against South Carolina federal judge nominee because he's whi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post

A recent report shows that there was no such "collusion."
Source?
__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 82.
Among these contacts were 24 meetings
. -- SOURCE --
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2018, 03:33 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,458
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,190 Posts
Default Re: Chuck Schumer votes against South Carolina federal judge nominee because he's whi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
I'll tell you why I don't care. Because you are wrong! Sorry to tell ya. The only ones that conspired with Russia are connected to the Clintons.

Remember only those of you on the fringe are still calling him Illegitimate.
Granted, you do have a lot of fringes.
Your partisanship makes you blind to what's going on in the GOP. That's fine but don't confuse it with the facts that I present or my objective analysis.

__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 82.
Among these contacts were 24 meetings
. -- SOURCE --
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 07:40 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,267
Thanks: 4,002
Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,685 Posts
Default Re: Chuck Schumer votes against South Carolina federal judge nominee because he's whi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
Source?
Please show evidence that there was collusion. You have been asked this numerous times and have yet to post anything other than opinion pieces.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 10:01 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,518
Thanks: 1,459
Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,779 Posts
Default Re: Chuck Schumer votes against South Carolina federal judge nominee because he's whi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
Schumer is a disgrace and his racism is blatant. A person should be judged on his or her merits, not skin color.

Inspite of Schumer's race-based vote, Quattlebaum was confirmed.
Donald Trump and the GOP, not Chuch Schumer, has introduced racism into the nomination of judicial appointments.

Quote:
President Donald Trump is nominating white men to America's federal courts at a rate not seen in nearly 30 years, threatening to reverse a slow transformation toward a judiciary that reflects the nation's diversity.

So far, 91 percent of Trump's nominees are white, and 81 percent are male, an Associated Press analysis has found. Three of every four are white men, with few African-Americans and Hispanics in the mix. The last president to nominate a similarly homogenous group was George H.W. Bush.

The shift could prove to be one of Trump's most enduring legacies. These are lifetime appointments, and Trump has inherited both an unusually high number of vacancies and an aging population of judges. That puts him in position to significantly reshape the courts that decide thousands of civil rights, environmental, criminal justice and other disputes across the country. The White House has been upfront about its plans to quickly fill the seats with conservatives, and has made clear that judicial philosophy tops any concerns about shrinking racial or gender diversity.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-c...te-in-decades/

This started with the refusal of the GOP controlled Senate to approve Obama nominations of very qualified individuals to the federal courts leaving a large list of vacancies when Obama left office. Trump has focused on "young, white, male, and conservative" (not Constitutional or qualified) in his selections in an effort to load the federal court system with white men that will oppose diversity and civil rights just like his pick of Jeff Sessions as Attorney General that has a documented record of opposing civil rights.

The Democrats should oppose all nominations by Donald Trump because of the criteria of race (white), gender (male) and partisan bias (anti-civil rights) as the most important criteria in his selection process for federal judges. Trump has resorted to nominations of individuals without any judicial qualifications to the federal judge positions exclusively because they were white, young, and conservative men that could be depended upon to base their decisions upon a Republican anti-civil rights agenda.

That the Democrats like Rep Schumer point out the racism and misogyny of Trump's nominations is justifiable as grounds for rejecting all of Trump's nominations.

It's ironic that the racists are the first to condemn those that point out their racism and then call them racists.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShivaTD For This Useful Post:
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 10:30 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,518
Thanks: 1,459
Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,779 Posts
Default Re: Chuck Schumer votes against South Carolina federal judge nominee because he's whi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
A recent report shows that there was no such "collusion."
Can you please provide a link to that report.

Please omit the Republican House Intelligence Committee "report" where it's been pointed out by members of that committee that it didn't even investigate possible collusion between members of the Trump campaign and instead simply accepted their testimony that they didn't "do it" instead. Just claiming that you "didn't do it" doesn't establish that you didn't do it.

I've not read anything that even remotely suggest that proof exists that no collusion occurred. That proposition defies a fundamental foundation of logic that establishes that you can't prove a negative.

The Trump campaign wanted the DNC/Clinton campaign emails that the Russian government had released, they attended a meeting with the Russians about getting the emails released, and after the meeting the Russians release the emails. How can anyone prove that collusion didn't occur in light of these well established facts?
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShivaTD For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
against, because, carolina, chuck, federal, judge, nominee, schumer, south, votes, white

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0