Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > News & Current Events
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News & Current Events Discuss Troubles To The North, Canada’s Laws Allowing Passage Into U.S. at the General Forum; Our southern border isn't the only porous entry into our country. According to this article, foreigners can easily enter Canada ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2018, 06:13 PM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,016
Thanks: 4,442
Thanked 3,816 Times in 1,836 Posts
Default Troubles To The North, Canada’s Laws Allowing Passage Into U.S.

Our southern border isn't the only porous entry into our country. According to this article, foreigners can easily enter Canada without visas and then sneak into America. Here is just one example of this and I'm glad the U.S. Border Patrol was on the ball and stopped this family. I hope any jihadists who try to enter our country via Canada will be caught, too, since Justin Trudeau also welcomes them into his country.

Quote:
On Monday, border patrol arrested five illegals attempting to cross the American border. The five Romanians were detained while crossing the international border into Vermont.

United States Border Patrol agents apprehended five aliens as they illegally crossed the border from Canada into the United States. Crackdowns along the southern border have sent many people to the north.

The eastern Europeans had gained legal access into Canada and planned to make a life for themselves in the United States.

Illegally entering the country in Derby Line, Vermont, two children and three adults were stopped by border patrol on Monday. The Tactical Communications Center of the Swanton Border Sector responded to a report concerning suspicious activity around the Haskell Free Library.

The Haskell Free Library was intentionally built on the U.S.-Canadian border in 1904. After a sedan had driven across the lawn of the library to enter the United States, authority felt compelled to respond.

After driving past a Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) officer going south on I-91, the vehicle was stopped. During interrogation two of the adults were identified as the parents of the kids, and the two children admitted to not being American citizens.

Admitting they were citizens of Romania, the five Europeans failed to produce any sort of visa or paperwork that would allow them to stay in the country.

Agents apprehended the three adults and transported them to the Newport Border Patrol Station. During the records check and processing, birth certificates were found for the children. Examining the myriad of legal documents the group held, the officers were able to determine the Romanians had legally entered Canada under the visa waiver program.

Under current Canadian law, Romanians are not required to obtain a visa before entering the northern country.
https://conservativedailypost.com/tr...sage-into-u-s/
__________________
"Freedom is not a gift from government, freedom is a gift from God." - President Trump

People have become so brainwashed that they think health comes from masks and needles.

Quarantine restricts the sick. Tyranny restricts the healthy.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2018, 08:00 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,348
Thanks: 12,259
Thanked 8,987 Times in 5,100 Posts
Default Re: Troubles To The North, Canada’s Laws Allowing Passage Into U.S.

I hope they sent them back to Canada and not used United States money and resources to return them to Romania. If Canada is willing to let them in, let them stay there and have the Canadian government support them.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2018, 08:36 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,842 Posts
Default Re: Troubles To The North, Canada’s Laws Allowing Passage Into U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
Our southern border isn't the only porous entry into our country. According to this article, foreigners can easily enter Canada without visas and then sneak into America. Here is just one example of this and I'm glad the U.S. Border Patrol was on the ball and stopped this family. I hope any jihadists who try to enter our country via Canada will be caught, too, since Justin Trudeau also welcomes them into his country.
No jihadists have entered the US illegally so this is a straw man argument. In fact no international terrorists have been successful in carrying out a terrorist attack in the United States since 9/11 terrorist attack. The United States has a domestic terrorist threat and not an international terrorist threat.

It's also a fact that according to US law enforcement groups the primary thread of terrorism in the United States are right-wing extremists and not Islamic terrorists.

If we address the undocumented alien problem in the United States we're still not looking at unlawful entry. The primary source of undocumented aliens residing in the Unite States is visa-overstays. People enter the United States legally and then just don't leave when they're supposed to. The number of visa-overstays dwarfs the estimated number of illegal border crossing.

That said the US Border Patrol does an exceptionally good job on both our Northern and Southern borders as well as addressing illegal entry by air and sea. There's been a consistent improvement in our border patrol operation going back to at least 2013-2014 as Congress authorized more funding for the Border Patrol and new and improved operations were developed. There's been very good bipartisan support for the Border Patrol in recent years and that's reflected by improved enforcement efforts by the Border Patrol.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2018, 09:00 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,348
Thanks: 12,259
Thanked 8,987 Times in 5,100 Posts
Default Re: Troubles To The North, Canada’s Laws Allowing Passage Into U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
No jihadists have entered the US illegally so this is a straw man argument. In fact no international terrorists have been successful in carrying out a terrorist attack in the United States since 9/11 terrorist attack. The United States has a domestic terrorist threat and not an international terrorist threat.

It's also a fact that according to US law enforcement groups the primary thread of terrorism in the United States are right-wing extremists and not Islamic terrorists.

If we address the undocumented alien problem in the United States we're still not looking at unlawful entry. The primary source of undocumented aliens residing in the Unite States is visa-overstays. People enter the United States legally and then just don't leave when they're supposed to. The number of visa-overstays dwarfs the estimated number of illegal border crossing.

That said the US Border Patrol does an exceptionally good job on both our Northern and Southern borders as well as addressing illegal entry by air and sea. There's been a consistent improvement in our border patrol operation going back to at least 2013-2014 as Congress authorized more funding for the Border Patrol and new and improved operations were developed. There's been very good bipartisan support for the Border Patrol in recent years and that's reflected by improved enforcement efforts by the Border Patrol.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tmas-party-row

These two Muslim's came here from Pakistan, they were not home grown.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2018, 09:34 AM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,016
Thanks: 4,442
Thanked 3,816 Times in 1,836 Posts
Default Re: Troubles To The North, Canada’s Laws Allowing Passage Into U.S.

I wrote in the OP:
Quote:
I hope any jihadists who try to enter our country via Canada will be caught, too
Then ShivaTD wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
No jihadists have entered the US illegally so this is a straw man argument.
Straw man definition:
Quote:
A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
Since I never said that jihadists from Canada have already illegally come here, you are the one here engaging in a straw man.
__________________
"Freedom is not a gift from government, freedom is a gift from God." - President Trump

People have become so brainwashed that they think health comes from masks and needles.

Quarantine restricts the sick. Tyranny restricts the healthy.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2018, 09:54 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,842 Posts
Default Re: Troubles To The North, Canada’s Laws Allowing Passage Into U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tmas-party-row

These two Muslim's came here from Pakistan, they were not home grown.
Syed Rizwan Farook was a US citizen and was radicalized while living in the United States. Tashfeen Malik, his wife, admittedly was a radical in Pakistan but was allowed in under a spouse visa and was supporting the domestic terrorist attack by Syed Rizwan Farook. It was not an international terrorist attack planned and carried out by foreigners that lawfully or unlawfully entered the United States.

We should note that the title of this thread is incorrect. Only US law allows or disallows entry into the United States. What Canada does has nothing whatsoever to do with who we, the United States, allow into the country.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2018, 01:08 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,348
Thanks: 12,259
Thanked 8,987 Times in 5,100 Posts
Default Re: Troubles To The North, Canada’s Laws Allowing Passage Into U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
Syed Rizwan Farook was a US citizen and was radicalized while living in the United States. Tashfeen Malik, his wife, admittedly was a radical in Pakistan but was allowed in under a spouse visa and was supporting the domestic terrorist attack by Syed Rizwan Farook. It was not an international terrorist attack planned and carried out by foreigners that lawfully or unlawfully entered the United States.
While he may have lived in the United States when he radicalized, he was most likely NOT radicalized by the United States as was most likely done online with actors in other countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
We should note that the title of this thread is incorrect. Only US law allows or disallows entry into the United States. What Canada does has nothing whatsoever to do with who we, the United States, allow into the country.
I agree!
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2018, 01:40 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,676
Thanks: 10,991
Thanked 15,105 Times in 8,133 Posts
Default Re: Troubles To The North, Canada’s Laws Allowing Passage Into U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
Syed Rizwan Farook was a US citizen and was radicalized while living in the United States. Tashfeen Malik, his wife, admittedly was a radical in Pakistan but was allowed in under a spouse visa and was supporting the domestic terrorist attack by Syed Rizwan Farook. It was not an international terrorist attack planned and carried out by foreigners that lawfully or unlawfully entered the United States.

We should note that the title of this thread is incorrect. Only US law allows or disallows entry into the United States. What Canada does has nothing whatsoever to do with who we, the United States, allow into the country.
GEEZ what a twist of logic. he was NOT radicalized by America. he was radicalized by a religion foreign to American values.

America, the USA, is a Republic self governed by the will of the Majority with Constitutional protections for minority interests. Which do not excuse, or waiver, minority interests in conflict with the sovereignty of the country.

That said, I do appreciate you admission that the USA has the poser to reject or accept any foreigners entry into the country. We'll keep that in mind when you defend Judges, and judgements, who say different.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
allowing, canada’s, into, laws, north, passage, the, troubles

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0